What are THE TOP TEN most stereotypically inane & unintelligent remarks you have heard about
childfree people from people who have children?
I would say selfishness is the number one unintelligent remark. I actually know of a couple of women who are quite angry at their choice to become mothers yet, they try their best to "recruit" others into becoming moms. They will tell women they should have at least one as if a child is a material possession, a trophy of sorts, all the while they hate the fact that they will likely never have their pre-child bodies, that they have no time for themselves and no money, etc.
In fact, both of these women stress over money and not being able to pick up and just go on a vacation or anywhere for that matter, and that they can't have some things and opportunities that many child free people have, etc. I don't want children and I am anything but a selfish person. However, I have noticed that the most common topics of discussion for these two revolve around themselves and their kids, even when others have absolutely NO interest and that is precisely what I would say is selfish.
(1) They are going to be so alone in their old age.
(2) Who is going to bury you?
(3) Children COMPLETE a marriage.
(4) Only irresponsible people don't have children.
(5) Only selfish people don't have children.
(6) Everyone wants children, c'mon now.
(7) Having children makes you an adult. You are not an adult until you have children.
(8) You must HATE children.
(9) Children are a source of security you know.
(10) Humans were made to multiply and replenish the earth.
(11) They must be so immature. Mature people HAVE children.
(12) You need to live for someone else.
(13) They are hedonistic and concerned only about their pleasures.
(14) Children make people so much happier.
(15) No one is fulfilled until they have children.
(16) Children are a duty and obligation. After all, that is being an adult is ALL ABOUT!
(17) All our friends have children, c'mon honey, we can't be the only couple without children.
(18) You are going against God's plan.
(19) They are immoral, sinful, & evil.
(20) They don't want children because they are not religious. If they were religious, they would have children.
by Grace Marguerite Williams 5 years ago
What are 10 instances of unintelligent, thoughtless, and selfish parenting practices?There are PEOPLE out there who frankly SHOULD NEVER be parents.They do not possess the wherewithal educationally, emotionally, mentally, psychologically, and socioeconomically to be parents and as a result, their...
by Grace Marguerite Williams 2 years ago
What are THE TOP TEN most stereotypically inane & unintelligent remarks you have heard aboutwealthy people from poor people?
by chaoticpsyche 5 years ago
Every day I see some of the most stupidest people having children. Usually, at least it seems to me, those with less intelligence keep having child after child, often when they cannot afford them. I sometimes think it would be better for all if there was an IQ requirement for having children. I...
by Cecilia 7 months ago
I think not. See you're not talking to me. (must be something I ate!)
by Erick Hernandez 10 months ago
I went to college, but failed. I went to ITT Tech, but failed. I'm asking a simple question: Is college a requirement for success in the modern world?
by brittvan22 6 years ago
Was the Virgin Mary truly a virgin or just a young girl? Is it mistranslation?There has biblical dates since the story has been passed down. Was Mary truly a virgin or just a young girl? Some orthodox believe she was? Why some correlationist translate it to mean young girl because the two words are...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|