jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Is Donald Trumps Praise for Putin going to be a deal breaker for many voters?

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 2 years ago

Is Donald Trumps Praise for Putin going to be a deal breaker for many voters?

Trump admires Putin and vice versa. Is he looking out for his own interests or the country's?

2. LoliHey profile image57
    LoliHeyposted 2 years ago

No, I don't think so.  From what I hear, people wish our own president were more like Putin.

1. fpherj48 profile image75
      fpherj48posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Lolita....I read where someone (here on HP) claims that Putin "has journalists murdered for writing falsehood or propaganda"...Do we know this for ABSOLUTE fact or is this just BUNK created so that Putin will be hated & disrespected?  I don't kno

3. Helga Silva profile image84
    Helga Silvaposted 2 years ago

Trump is a billionaire, he and his family are all set for the rest of their lives. I'm sure he is looking out for our country. I don't think Trump and Putin admire each other. They are just strongly opinionated leaders and they respect each other.

Regardless of The Donald's controversial campaign & unorthodox style (which is winning him MUCHOS supporters)....he IS sincere in looking out for America.  I agree with you.  It's this reason that people love him!

4. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

I agree with both Lolita and Helga & will add that Trump's opinion and/or comment about Putin should in no way be a deal breaker for him.  We all have a right to speak our mind and to state what our feelings or opinions are of some one (any one) without fear of being condemned or judged.
    Putin is a strong and dedicated leader.  He loves his country and his people.  Just because that country is Russia, does not mean we cannot see the good in it's leader. 
    If you read any bio info on Putin, I believe you would be pleasantly surprised to discover he's a loving father to his daughters and very compassionate when it comes to animals.  He is a former KGB agent.  He's tough and rules with an iron fist.  That's his right as Prez of Russia.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

No, Trump voters are locked in no matter what.
    In fact being respected or admired by foreign leaders is likely to bolster Trump's supporters' belief that he is the right person for the presidency.

dash.....As always you are a voice of "reason."  Really..what could possibly be negative about men from 2 very different countries having respect for one another?  Our Politicians oughtta TRY it for a damned change!

Closed to reply

working