What are the RUDEST remarks made to childfree & 1-child families? Do you believe that
there is a VERY STRONG prejudice against childfree & 1-child families? Why?
You must be infertile. You must hate children. It's your duty to have a big family. Don't you want someone to take care of you when you are old? Are you too selfish to have more children?
(1) What's wrong with you? Why don't you want children? You must be abnormal. Everyone wants children.
(2) You're not a family. It's children that make a family.
(3) How could you not give your child a sibling? All children need a sibling.
(4) You are irresponsible.
(5) Only one child-how SELFISH can you be!
(6) Everyone needs children, c'mon now.
(7) If you can travel & eat out, you can definitely have children.
(8) Children are a duty, an obligation. God meant for you to have children..
(9) You will regret not having children when you get old.
(10) WHEN are you going to have children?
(11) WHEN are you going to have MORE children?
(12) You're not a REAL family.
(13) Your lifestyle/family is....unnatural.
(14) What's wrong that you don't want ANY MORE children?!
(15) Your child won't have any companions to play with.
(16) Your child won't learn about sharing & getting along w/others.
(17) Your child will be missing out on so much.
(18) Your child will be lonely when you both are gone.....
(19) Your child will be lonely w/o siblings.
(20) You can't live for yourself now. You are to live for your children.
(21) Such SELFISH, self-centered, self-indulgent people who have NO CONCEPT of caring for others.
(22) What lonely people they......ARE.
(23) What unfulfilled lives they have.
(24) You're really NOT happy the way you ARE, now are you?!
(25) Children makes people SO HAPPY. They're such joys.....
1) You'll change your mind when you're older.
2) You're a woman (perceived, anyhow), you MUST want kids.
Those are the two I hear most often. I honestly believe that this social prejudice against women who don't have children is largely a feminist issue that hasn't been addressed enough.
by Grace Marguerite Williams4 weeks ago
What is the MOST STUPID statement you have heard about childfree & 1-child families from people whocome from large families? People from large families, on average, have the most vitriolic prejudice against...
by Grace Marguerite Williams13 months ago
Is there MORE PREJUDICE against CHILDFREE/1-CHILD FAMILIES than it is against LARGE/VERY LARGEFAMILIES(6-more children per household)? Why? Why not? Many parents of large/very large families incessantly...
by H C Palting2 years ago
Do you believe that poorer and/or less educated people have more children whom they can't support?Do you know any ill effects to the child(ren) born to these families and society? If so, what are they?
by Victoria Lynn5 weeks ago
What are your thoughts about not having children?So many people want to have children, and they question those couples as to when they are going to have children? Are they really asking "when not?" or why not?
by Anthony Modungwo4 weeks ago
Why will you decide to be childfree even though you are fertile and could have child/children?
by Nicole Pellegrini2 years ago
International Childfree Day: A day worth celebrating? Why or why not?Moms, dads, grandparents, teachers, secretaries...everybody gets their "day" of recognition on the modern calendar. As such, August 1st is...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.