jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Some people have the crazy theory that president Obama will suspend elections? W

1. bluesradio profile image77
    bluesradioposted 24 months ago

Some people have the crazy theory that president Obama will suspend elections? What do you think?

2. Dean Traylor profile image92
    Dean Traylorposted 24 months ago

It's called Obama derangement syndrome (yes, there's a name for it). It's a belief I've heard numerous times during his presidency. However, this derangement syndrome is not exclusive to Obama. I heard people say the same thing about Bush Jr. and Bill Clinton (and, there is a term "Bush Derangement Syndrome"...I never heard this name associated with Clinton, but a lot of people opposed to him expressed those sentiments).
    If you think about it, there are a lot of people on the extreme ends of the political spectrum that believe that a president they were opposed to will become a dictator and take away democracy. I wouldn't pay much attention to such rhetoric, considering that much of it is irrational talk.

1. Austinstar profile image86
      Austinstarposted 24 months agoin reply to this

If Obama walked on the Potomac, The crazies would say, "I told you he couldn't swim!".
      You got it right, Dean, it's just irrational talk.

2. bluesradio profile image77
      bluesradioposted 24 months agoin reply to this

But when they are work co-horts it is fun hearing the crazies talk...Just have to remember that they are crazy and let them have their insanity.....

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 24 months ago

Neither Sanders nor Clinton would permit it.

4. Credence2 profile image80
    Credence2posted 24 months ago

Who is passing that idea around?  What authority does the President have to suspend elections at the appointed time? Why would he do such a thing? It is just more utter bilge from the rightwing talking heads.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
      bradmasterOCcalposted 24 months agoin reply to this

Good answer
      I guess that is why websites like snopes came into existence as these ideas go viral.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 24 months ago

Some people will say anything to continue perpetrating the illusion that President Obama is some sort of all powerful super-villain. Next it'll be "Obama is Galactus! He's going to drain the Earth of all its energies!... and THEN he'll take away our guns!"

working