jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (116 posts)

Do you think Obama will try suspending elections?

1. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 6 years ago

If Obama sees he's about to loose the 2012 election, do you think he'll suspend the election in a bid to stay in office?

1. recommend1 profile image72
      recommend1posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Why would anyone ask such a stupid question ?    I guess facing defeat because your party of choice can't field a possible candidate against a poor runner like Obama must get to you all ?

1. profile image0
        Longhunterposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It's being discussed on the radio, R1, because Governor Perdue of NC, a Democrat, suggested the 2012 elections be suspended.

1. profile image0
          Texasbetaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Longhunter, do you....I am not even sure how to ask this. Are you out of your mind? Do you not understand how things work? A President cannot suspend elections, and because some yeehaw on some university radio show suggests and idea, doesn't mean it is intended policy by the President. Wow man. Just...wow.

1. profile image0

I'm perfectly aware of how things work, Tex. I'm also well aware of the fact your president has stated he would like go around Congress. I wouldn't put anything past this moron although I don't think he has the stones to actually do it.

Again, this was suggested by Governor Perdue of NC, a Democrat.

1. profile image0

He can't do it. That is the point. You need to go back to 3rd grade.

1. profile image0

No, it is the DEMOCRAT governor of NC that needs to back to 3rd grade.

1. profile image0

I'll agree with that one entirely.

2. American View profile image61
              American Viewposted 6 years agoin reply to this

And is going around Congress with his Executive Orders he has been writing

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
          Ralph Deedsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Can you provide a citation showing that Governor Perdue suggested suspending the 2012 elections? That's hard to believe. This may be the citation you saw. Apparently whatever Gov. Perdue said was not intended to be a serious proposal, let alone an indication that President Obama plans to suspend any elections.

"n typical fashion the Governor’s staff quickly went into the spin cycle mode declaring that it was a joke."

2. habee profile image95
      habeeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I was just reading about this possibility, based on comments from Perdue and Orszag. I can't see this happening in the U.S. and don't think the POTUS would ever consider something like suspending elections.

1. profile image0

I don't think so either, habee, but it is interesting how the liberals among get so bent out of shape even though the idea was presented by one of their own.

3. lovemychris profile image61
      lovemychrisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If anything, they would suspend it to stop the outright theft that's going on.
      Walker, in Wisconsin, is cutting social programs, and giving the money to the Uber rich. He is taking public monies out of public schools and putting it into private ones.
      Gvr of Michigan fired elected officials and put his Republicorp cronies in. I don't think people realize what is going in here...

They are GIVING America away! To rich corporations.
      Private prisons-for-profit...it will be private schools-for-profit....private healthcare for profit, you get the picture...

This is no joke....and maybe that's why that guy is talking about suspending the election?
      What reasons did he give?

1. profile image0

Aaaah, yes, good ole LMC.

Sit back and watch, folks. Now that LMC has joined the forum the Bush Derangement Syndrome will come out in full force and conspiracy theories will abound.

In honor of LMC's arrival, lets all don of tin foil hats and start drooling uncontrollably.

It was the governor of NC. HER name is Perdue. Look it up.

1. profile image0

You actually have the audacity to comment like this after you posed such a clueless question? The self delusion never surprises me anymore.

1. profile image0

I posted the question 5 weeks ago right after the good Democratic governor of NC made the remark with the aim of getting people like LMC all torn up. Obviously it's done the same to you, Tex.

Now, don't get too upset, Tex. I know damn good and well Obama isn't going to suspend the elections as he doesn't have the stones to do so.

As for what went on in Wisconsin, I happen to support him in his dealings with unions. We just had the same fight here in Tennessee. As for giving money to the private schools as the person mentioned above, if the public ones didn't SUCK as bad as they do here, the people wouldn't be doing things like begging for vouchers to send their kids to the private schools.

Do you have school age kids, Tex?

1. profile image0

The point is that you think it involves "stones" as opposed to law. He can't do it. The size of his "stones" doesn't play a role. I do not have school aged children. I have school aged dogs. Even they know a President cannot suspend the elections.

1. profile image0

As far as I'm concerned, the NEA needs to be closed down as well as all teachers unions. If you want good teachers, they should have to prove themselves individually. A good teacher should be able to get the best pay he/she can due to their abilities in the classroom and shouldn't be drug down by the bad teacher down the hall who should really be fired. Collective bargaining has no place in schools. It hurts the schools as a whole but, more importantly, it hurts the students.

Believe me, I've been through this with a burned out teacher my daughter had in the first grade. I and several other parents tried to get rid of her but the union stopped it. She retired a couple of years later but the damage was done. My daughter struggled the next year, had to be held back, and we put her in a private school when we moved so she could get more one on one attention.

1. profile image0

Nah man, I'll buy that teachers unions are pointless. Unions are supposed to have some power to protect their members, which the teachers union doesn't. Instead, it just harbors burnouts and flat out bad teachers in the guise of keeping their employment after violations. I hate that education is the first thing cut from the state budgets. I despise it. If the union could protect the teachers from always being the first to get fired, then I would consider it worthy. It doesn't though. Maybe elimination would get better teachers somehow, even though it doesn't make sense how it would. I don't know. They should be like professors, who get paid well, and are held very accountable even with tenure. When they get shredded in a peer review, it counts quite a bit. Who reviews the high school teacher? The principal? I have friends who are principals and assistance principles, and they can't get out of their offices because so many parents ignore their children at home and then get ticked when they fail a class. I'd love to be a teacher, but there is no way I am dealing with little jerk kids and their attitudes given to them by their parents about how perfect and smart they are, when they can't tie their shoes, or the school board populated with ideologues who could care less about the matter of education.

2. profile image0

Did you just ignore what is going on in Wisconsin, which is easily verifiable, and call it "conspiracy theories", while posing a question like this? Where do you live? I need to know, so I can avoid the state out of fear of the crazies.

1. profile image0

Try this, Tex. Google Governor Perdue. You'll find it was she that started all this. I simply posted it as a question and now you're ragging on me. Oh, by the way, Governor Perdue is one of yours, a liberal.

1. profile image0

I read about her, and she seems like a crappy politician. It said that was made as a joke, but after reading it...seems too detailed to be a intended as a joke. Plus, that investigation in to her campaign seems pretty bad. I won't defend that lady on this at all.
              That being said, you really call the Wisconsin bs a conspiracy? Seriously? Might I ask that you spend a bit looking all of that up as well and come back to be in an honest manner as I did you? If you come back with anything other than anger, you are going to have to tell me what you read, because I can't see it any other way. I will, however, if you can show me.

3. couturepopcafe profile image61
          couturepopcafeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Longhunter - OMG - I laughed so hard I almost....well, you know.  I'm not laughing at LMC just your description.  Admittedly, she goes off but she does bring a lot of information to the table.

1. profile image0

The information is lost in the obnoxious, in-your-face attitude of the presenter.

I am glad you got a good laugh.

4. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Not likely. He was a professor of constitutional law and a believer in the rule of law. Why would you even bring up such a silly question?

1. profile image0

I asked the question due to a remark made by NC Governor Perdue (D). Yes, she's a DEMOCRAT.

Believe me, Mr. Deeds, I don't think Obama has the intestinal fortitude to do such a thing.

1. profile image0

She's an idiot Hunter. You do get that liberals tend to eat their own quite often right? Outside of Pelosi, I don't know many liberals who stand up for other liberals just because they are on the same voting team. I cannot say the same about conservatives however. They appear to be apologists more than not.

5. oldhorse profile image70
      oldhorseposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think that if Obama looses the election, he will get a well deserved vacation from a lot of unwarranted criticism and suspicion about his motives.  However, the rest of us will get a much worse President.

1. profile image0

We couldn't get a worse president than we already have.

2. couturepopcafe profile image61

He need ANOTHER vacation?

1. profile image0

God knows I could use one. I'll be off the week between Christmas and New Years but I won't be flying off to some place in my own private flying fortress. I'll be staying home.

6. Brooke Lorren profile image60
      Brooke Lorrenposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't know.  November 2012 is a LONG ways away when you consider how much volatility is going around in the world.  While it could happen, I think that it would only happen IF there is so much chaos going on in this country that the president could make a good case to suspend the elections.

2. junko profile image79
    junkoposted 6 years ago

No I don't think he love the abuse that much. I think he is doing the best he can with the disruption caused by the Republican -Tea Party. I wish an electable Republican Candidate would and could win in 2012. The fact is no electable Republican wanted the job since Bush left the country in such a mess. President Obama is too much man to QUIT and would not suspend the election to keep it. I think that would be the first time a president did anything like that in history. There has been many first time things that has happen to this President, but I don't think he  wants  to be the first President to suspend the election to stay if the people vote him out. You must not respect the President, longhunter.

1. profile image0

I think Obama is just narcissistic enough to try to suspend elections if he thought he wouldn't win.

Your assumption of my lack of respect for Obama would be correct. He's the worst president we've ever had.

1. recommend1 profile image72
        recommend1posted 6 years agoin reply to this

No - that was definately Bush the kid, second only to the father.  Even Nixon was only despised as being a crook, he managed to avoid the label of wanted criminal.

1. profile image0

Great, more BDS - Bush Derangement Syndrome.

The only thing lacking now is LMC making it into some hair-brained conspiracy.

2. Barbara Kay profile image90
        Barbara Kayposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No I don't think he would do that. I don't think it is even a legal move. It sounds like something the Republicans would try to pull.

1. profile image0

Since when does whether or it's legal stop Obama?

3. Danny R Hand profile image59
        Danny R Handposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If you look across the country at the state level, the GOP are the one's trying to enact laws that suppress the voters. Not Democrats.

1. profile image0

Examples?

1. Danny R Hand profile image59

The states of Washington and Oregon are trying to put bills through the legislation that ballads must be mailed in. South Carolina has passed a bill that requires all voters to have picture ID. Most people who don't have picture ID's, don't have them because of money. These people statistically would be more apt to vote democrat. Ohio is trying to restructure their districts which in the end would favor the GOP. All of these measures are being implemented by republican legislatures.

1. profile image0

We're about to pass a law here in Tennessee that would require a photo ID to vote. That's a good thing.

Perhaps you're upset because it would keep illegals or the dead from voting.

I happen to share views about immigration with a more conservative position. However, voter registration requires a SS#. So if they are worried about illegals, they should be more concerned with the registration process. Dead people? Come on now. What I'm really worried about is class oppression. The GOP has been crying class warfare, but no one deals with the FACT the a lot of the GOP positions hinder the working class from having a voice.

1. profile image0

Dead people? Yes, there have been people using the identities of dead people to vote. It happens a lot in Chicago. Oh, wait, that's where Obama's from so I guess it's okay.

2. couturepopcafe profile image61

Did I say how much I hate these political forums?  Doesn't anybody get the fact that both sides are full of corruption?  Depending on who is in the majority, who gets heard, who has more backing, more pundits, more radio time (really?) more big corps behind them?  We live in a non facto, non representationo, non moralo, society where you need one of three things to get anywhere:  a truckload of money, a non white heritage, or a seat in Congress.

Personally, I hope Cain (you know, that other black man) wins.  Then we won't have to listen to anymore of this racist, bigoted, poor me, poor man crap.  Oh, wait, there's always the Uncle Tom card.  They haven't played that one in a while.

1. profile image0

There isn't a lower life form on the planet than a politician and that applies to both sides.

I, too, would like to see Cain win. I've always said I was afraid that if Obama didn't do well it would be equated to nothing more than his skin color by some people and that would be unfortunate. We have numerous people who would make great leaders that just happen to be black. I happen to think Cain would be one of them.

Got money for false SS cards, false DLs, but no money for photo ID. Please

DL's are photo ID's!!! My BAD Mr. PARANOIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. couturepopcafe profile image61

Danny - with respect, the bit about most people who don't have picture IDs don't have them because of money is probably not true.  State issued picture IDs can be had for a few dollars.  Seniors in some states get them free.  An old driver's license will suffice.

I think in today's climate, picture IDs should be required.  I never understood why they haven't been all along.  Anyone can say they are me and vote in my place.  So what you're saying is that the majority of the 'poor' who can't even afford a few dollars for a state issued ID, who will probably vote Democratic, are part of a Republican plot to keep them out.  There are very few, even poor, who do not drive today.  Use your driver's license and stop believing everything your 'friends' tell you.

2. rebekahELLE profile image89
            rebekahELLEposted 6 years agoin reply to this

the redistricting to favor GOP voters

1. profile image0

How is expecting a voter to provide proper identification such a photo ID a bad thing?

It's now a requirement here in TN now but the state is providing photo IDs to those that don't have them for free.

1. rebekahELLE profile image89
                rebekahELLEposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm talking about drawing electoral districts in favor of the politicians who represent that district. It's not about representing the interests and needs of the people in these districts. It's about political control.

Now that's a scary thought. It will never happen.

1. profile image0

That happens on both sides. I've seen it here in Tennessee. It's only been in the last few years that the Republicans have gotten control back from the Dems with them having it since the Civil War.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, among others.

4. Ralph Deeds profile image65

That only happens in bannana republics.

1. profile image0

I agree, Mr. Deeds. Sometimes when I post a forum it's to get ideas for writing, to see how people would react. This was one of those situations. I mean this is a writers' website.

I think Obama would come closer to throwing a fit like a child before we'd try suspending an election. However, there are times when I don't think we give the man enough credit for being ruthless if need be. Crazy like a fox, shall we say.

5. Mikel G Roberts profile image80
        Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

hmm EEErrrrmmm... I'd have to say the worst was Nixon... But that is another thread I guess.

1. Mighty Mom profile image87
          Mighty Momposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that would make a great thread!

2. profile image0

I don't want this to turn into a discussion of my lack of respect for Obama. If Obama sees he's about to loose the 2012 election, do you think he'll suspend the election in a bid to stay in office?

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Cheeky, you almost had me there. He'll be sworn in again

1. profile image0

We shall see, Hollie. We shall see.

3. junko profile image79
    junkoposted 6 years ago

longhunder are you narcissistic or racist? Are you a great American?

1. profile image0

Hmmm, No, neither one, Junko, and I try to be the best American I can be. How about you? Are you narcissistic or racist? Are you a great American?

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 6 years ago

It's an odd question.  No precedent to even give reason for assuming it was possible. As much as some appear to hate Obama, he isn't anywhere near as power hungry as some of his predecessors. I wish I knew what was driving this (what appears to me as)insane fear by the Republican right.

1. profile image0

AGAIN, it's being discussed on the radio, R1, because Governor Perdue of NC, a Democrat, suggested the 2012 elections be suspended.

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So, you think because some comment got some air time; somehow, it becomes possible?  Not going to happen.

1. profile image0

It was a simple question, Emile. Perhaps too simple for some.

1. lovemychris profile image61

1. American View profile image61

She

1. profile image0

Careful, AV, you're about to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

You, one minute ago

"Thank you, ahorseback, for an intelligent answer that wasn't filled with insults!!!"

look in the mirror longo.

1. profile image0

You're right. It was a cheap shot.

My apologies, LMC.

2. Petra Vlah profile image61
              Petra Vlahposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have not heard the rumour and I very much doubt it is true. Rep would have loved to make this rumour into the biggest deal of all times, but so far no Rep candidate said anything about it.
              Suspending elections happens frequently in countries with totalitarian regimes; should it happen in America we will all witness the funeral of democracy (as proclaimed by the ones who still believe they are living in a free and democratic country)

Petra,

It is not a rumor. It was suggested in a speech by a Democrat named Perdue

2. profile image50
                jeffhart123posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Petra. America is not a democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic. big difference.

2. profile image0

I simply presented it as a forum. I did think it was interesting that a Dem governor that said it. Of course, if it had been a Republican governor that said it, Libs would have been raising $900 worth of hell.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

She must be a cretin.

1. profile image0

Governor Perdue just managed to let her mouth over loud herself as we put it in the South. It is interesting it's in their thought process though and I don't think governor is smart enough to come up with it herself.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61

I love some of those southern phrases.  I live in Tennessee, too, but am from New Jersey.  This place is a hoot.

1. profile image0

Man, talk about culture shock! What brought you to Tennessee?

What else?  The economy.  I lived in Bergen County, supposedly one of the richest counties in the country, at least when the Americans owned it.  But the weather was the final straw.  After 17 snowstorms in one winter, that was enough.  And, no Bubba, it's not like Tennessee where the supermarkets run out of everything at the first flake.  I'm talking several feet of snow.  You shovel your car out and the plows come and plow you back under.  You're not allowed to throw the snow in the street or on someone else's property.  After a while there's just nowhere to put it.  I've seen an old lady have it out with a cop over snow.  Crazytown.  It was fun as a kid because you could always make money shoveling sidewalks.  Building igloos was easy cause the snow got piled up so deep.(The Bubba comment was a joke)

"It was an odd question" it was not a question when Predue was stating it as part of her speech then told everyone "to think about it" You all can jump Long all you want but it does not change the fact it was brought up by  Democrat Perdue. I guess your next response will be "Oh she was joking" How do I know that? Because "it was a joke" is the typical Left response for something like this

5. junko profile image79
    junkoposted 6 years ago

longhunter, turn off the radio,tv, and get off the internet. Put down your rifle and take a chill pill. HATE HURTS YOU.

1. profile image0

Okay, I'll bite. Why the rifle comment?

Yeah, I figured with all the conspiracy nuts on HP, they would go crazy with this question. I guess I was right.

Oh, just so you know, I don't hate any one.

do you know?

Or are you regurgitating Russssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

1. profile image0

Here, I'll help you this one time, LMC.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/29/2 … rikes.html

She's now trying to say it was sarcasm. Yeah, right.

Uh huh....she did say it for sarcasm, and Russsssshhhhhhhh used it to smear her! And you used Russhhhhh's smear to smear Obama!!

You all never quit. But it's sooooo transparent!

LMC,

She was SERIOUS and even asked those she was speaking to to" think about it". And stop with Rush. You must be the only one who listens to him since you know everything he says. I hope they pull the plug on him.

LMC,

The Dem is a she, not a he

2. junko profile image79
      junkoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The Rifle you hold in your arm and hand.  I know you  don't hate Anybody. I know you always talk like that Longhunter, you just be doing you. I was doing me when talk to haters through you. I know you really like LMC. You're alright in my book. Write On

1. junko profile image79
        junkoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hunter, I didn' mean to leave you hanging, I had some honey do's to do.

1. profile image0

My picture isn't of me. It's a portrait I did of my oldest son in his longhunter outfit. We do 18th century re-enactments and trekking. The gun he's holding is mine. It's a Brown Bess musket.

For those of you who don't know, the Longhunters were so named because they would stay out for months on end hunting and trapping back in the 1700s.

6. ahorseback profile image79
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

I don't know how anyone could suspend the elections in the USA , It would actually be treasonous! Imagine the out of controled  power of government and multiply ten times . Talk about a revolution. He wouldnt even suggest it without losing his office for sure. Man talk about treason! Any one  suggesting that the electoral process be 'suspended! Get Real.

It could never be done without riots breaking out all over.

2. profile image0

FINALLY!!! An intelligent answer!!!

This was being discussed on the radio because Governor Perdue of NC, a Democrat, suggested the 2012 elections be suspended. I decided to post it as a forum and suddenly I'm a racist Obama hater.

Thank you, ahorseback, for an intelligent answer that wasn't filled with insults!!!

7. ahorseback profile image79
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

Nor am I , hell I'd love to see him succeed ! here's one for you ....A Cain- Perry ticket !  Come on you guys love it don't cha?

8. kerryg profile image88
    kerrygposted 6 years ago

This question makes me laugh because my grandfather was absolutely convinced Bush was going to try this in '08. What goes around comes around, I guess. lol

9. junko profile image79
    junkoposted 6 years ago

Well, that was my reason for the rifle comment, I thought you knew that, Longhunter. When I was in my early twenties I was full of hate for political reasons, life in America is political. One day while i was watching tv the words HATE HURTS YOU came across the screen. It was like a profound revelation and I was just starting my family.  I stop the hate and learned to  intergrate and manipilate to take of my family. Every few month I will find a way to put those three words up on line. You are not out of order, it takes all kind of people to make a world and all kinds of writers to make a hubpage.

Amen.

10. Freeway Flyer profile image92
    Freeway Flyerposted 6 years ago

You're kidding right.

1. profile image0

Nope, just posting a question after the Dem governor of NC opened her mouth and spilled the beans about what they may have planned for our future.

11. mortimerjackson profile image58
    mortimerjacksonposted 6 years ago

Yes. Obama will suspend elections. He is an evil mustache twirling evil alien born in the fiery pits of hell after all. And hell doesn't give birth certificates. So naturally, this is what he will do.

I'm liking all the intelligent discussions we've got here on Hubpages. You guys really make me feel like the smartest human being alive. But I don't know whether to smile, or frown over the fact that such are my peers.

I guess I'll do both.

1. profile image0

Mortimer, Your 'holier than thou" attitude leaves a lot to be desired when it was someone from your side that brought the subject up. I just posted it here on HP for discussion.

Perhaps you should do a Google search for Governor Perdue's remarks then check your smartass attitude at the door.

12. Mighty Mom profile image87
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

If suspending the elections were possible it would have been done by now.

Agree with you there, LH. There is something about Romney that I don't like either. Maybe I'd like him more if I got to know him and what he really stands for. lol

1. profile image0

I don't think Obama has the stones to suspend the elections and I agree, if he were going to do it, he would have done so.

I posted the forum knowing it would get the more liberal among us going, most of them not even realizing it was one of their own that got the whole thing going.

1. Mighty Mom profile image87
        Mighty Momposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I am really not on my game words-wise tonight, LH smile.
        I meant that if suspending elections were an option, other sitting presidents would have done it to keep themselves in power.

Remember, Obama is on record as saying he is fine with being a one-term president.
        I'll have to find the link on that one. But I know he has said it.

1. profile image0

I've heard him say it and I'm fine with it as well.

13. Onusonus profile image80
    Onusonusposted 6 years ago

I think it would be more fitting for him to abolish the constitution. As our moral leader he must be freed from the constrictions of this antiquated document that stands in the way of of his true goal to socialize America.

14. mikelong profile image72
    mikelongposted 6 years ago

To propose that Obama may suspend elections is a ridiculous statement.

It mirrors the same, nonsensical badgerings of the birthers, the Obama is a secret Muslim/anti-American/Manchurian candidate ideations that so many in the Republican party became fixated on.

As a Republican among a large family of Republicans spread across the length and breadth of this nation, the same stupid chain emails passed around.

Fear-mongering, especially to this degree, diminishes our political discourse and, in my opinion, goes against the point of intellectual pursuit at all in our process of selecting who carries the reigns of governance in this nation.

Know-nothing Cain and "I don't know what I'm for or when I was for it" Romney make a sorry state for the Republican candidacy for office..

Floundering and flubbering Perry is finding the Texas Two-Step was demolished by Bush, and the nation will not stand a clone..

Ron Paul will never be selected, for the minority clique that controls the Republican party would stand to lose, and those who believe that their religions need to permeate our secular society can't stand his social views..

What worries me about Michelle Bauchman is that she's not on drugs or alcohol. She has no rational excuse for how brainless she is...

At least the Grand Old Party was spared the added slap in the face that a Palin presidential run would have brought. I'd have to count this run for a presidential candidate to be some of the cheapest and unskilled performances I've ever seen, but at least it didn't go as low as it could have...  But enough of us knew that she was just in this for the money and fame for her to keep from humiliating herself further...

The increasingly fringe mind of the Republican party has driven out Republicans like myself, and many others in my family. It's not that we are no longer viewing membership to the GOP, but it is as though the party has moved to a place that we cannot follow, and the party's leadership has it's head so far up its collective rectum that they fail to see the writing on the wall...

They have run the real party into the ground by isolating the majority of its mainstream constituents...  It will be the party's loss.

15. yellowstone8750 profile image60
    yellowstone8750posted 6 years ago

Well, I'm glad he does not have power to do so! So far I'm not impressed with any of them.

1. profile image0

I'm glad he doesn't either. If he did, I wouldn't it past him to try.

16. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 6 years ago

I don't think there's any chance of him suspending the election. People just like to think the worst of some people, which is where these rumours come from. Much like the constant obsession of whether he's american of not, which wouldn't have ever been as issue if he was white.

working