jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Can you imagine how it would feel to be a child prodigy?

1. MarieLB profile image83
    MarieLBposted 2 years ago

Can you imagine how it would feel to be a child prodigy?

Have you ever known one, or maybe know a [grown-up] one now?  Did they tell you what it was like for them as a child?  Did they seem 'normal' to you as a child, or were they "different"?  Did you like that child then?

2. alancaster149 profile image83
    alancaster149posted 2 years ago

Our younger daughter has always been treated as anyone else would be. The youngest of three - two girls and a boy - she's in her mid-twenties now and lives abroad, where she's halfway through a four year PhD course in physics.
    Another Einstein? Inasmuch as old Albert never thought of himself as 'special'.
    We've never lavished attention on her and the three of them are 'thick as thieves', always in touch on the net etc.
    Frankly I don't know where she gets it from. Neither of us is gifted, although my Dad could have gone on to better things if he hadn't joined the Green Howards (Alexandra, Princess of Wales Own Yorkshire Regiment) in 1941 - he was down for an engineering apprenticeship on Teesside.
    He would have been proud his grand-daughter followed in his footsteps... She wants to go into engineering as well.

1. MarieLB profile image83
      MarieLBposted 2 years agoin reply to this

How wonderful for parents to have children who are so well bonded, and also a shining star amongst them.I do not find it surprising that a child of yours excels in her field Alan.It is good to know that clever people walk amongst us. Tks for writing.

3. MarieLB profile image83
    MarieLBposted 2 years ago

Thank you Alan Robert Lancaster.  You gave me the full answer, because you speak of personal experience.

Closed to reply

working