jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

If Trump and Bernie don't get their party's vote, would you support a Trump/Bern

1. Timothy Anderson profile image95
    Timothy Andersonposted 22 months ago

If Trump and Bernie don't get their party's vote, would you support a Trump/Bernie indie ticket?

If the GOP bounces Trump and Bernie can't come up with the needed delegates, do you think the two men could ever work together for the common good of our nation?

Trump has stated he might consider an Independent run if the Republican Party is successful in ousting him.  He would split the conservative vote then, with Cruz, opening the door for an easy Hillary victory in November.

A Trump/Sanders ticket would bring in voters from BOTH parties, and the two men -- as far apart as they are politically -- could show Americans that compromise would benefit ALL Americans.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12950791_f260.jpg

2. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 22 months ago

Not sure how practical, but interesting concept. Both have commonalities with the general populous view of government IMHO. They are kinda' outsiders redefining the inside as abstract concept. Reminds me of that engineering / design adage a professor asked us. Is the inside out or the outside in?

I ponder if those two different circles can become a sphere kinda' thing. At issue is what seems predominant with populous views that government today cannot compromise for the betterment of all. Could those two see the same light as a team? Does the spectrum of those two of revolt add up to more than the Cruz and Clinton as establishment.

Fun to think about . . . thanks for asking . . .

3. LoliHey profile image55
    LoliHeyposted 22 months ago

Hell would freeze over before those two joined forces.

1. lisavollrath profile image96
      lisavollrathposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Agreed.

4. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 22 months ago

No way. Trump is a representation of everything Bernie argues against. Trump is a poison. The only thing to do with it is extract it from the body and cast it in the trash (and that is being polite about it).

With that being said, I actually like the notion of a split party ticket. In 2012, I thought an Obama/Huntsman ticket would have been pretty interesting. Of course conservatives today probably don't count Huntsman as a Republican, but there are probably others who are similarly reasonable and could bring something interesting to the table (such as Huntsman's China experience).

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 22 months ago

Yes, because they are not the robot arms of the two worst parties of the US. The loyal party voter has enable both of these parties in turn, to divide the country and put us in a decline since the 70s. The decline continues today.

Since the 70s, the party in control goes in one direction, and then it fails, allowing the other party to gain control. I then spends its control time trying to undo what the other party spent their time doing.

This net result is zero, and many times goes into the minus column.

So any chance to upset this age old gridlock would or should be welcomed. Unfortunately, the loyal party voter uses faith instead of intelligence. Just look back at US history to see that it has been a repetitious circle.

Neither party has had the solutions, but both parties have contributed heavily with the problems. Look at what happened in 2008, neither party saw it coming, and both parties panicked, and threw $1.5 trillion at it. We all know or should know that didn't fix the problem. We are also in debt to the Chinese for trillions.

The point is that disrupting the parties is a good thing.
    When I see all the emotional and irrational statements from people about Sanders, and Trump while thinking that Clinton, Cruz and Kasich are OK, I don't see any change happening from this election.

History will repeat itself, going down.

6. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 22 months ago

I can't imagine them coming together on a third ticket, or that such a ticket could make it to all the states' ballots.
    And too many Democrats vote only Democrat, so a split electorate means a Democrat win.

working