jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What do you think about the House Armed Services Committee recently approving a

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 22 months ago

What do you think about the House Armed Services Committee recently approving a law which

would mandate women to register for military draft as men do currently?  Mothers used to worry about their sons going off to war, now they have to worry about their daughters.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8667083_f260.jpg

2. lisavollrath profile image95
    lisavollrathposted 22 months ago

I think it's the right thing to do. Women should be equally responsible for defending this country if we get ourselves into a situation where the draft becomes necessary.

3. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 22 months ago

I am a staunch believer in equal rights and to me that includes equal responsibility to serve in the armed forces if the need arises. However, for both men and women, I wish there was never a need.

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 22 months ago

ISIS is laughing at us and eagerly awaiting 18 year old drafted girls to be captured and turned into sex slaves.

1. gmwilliams profile image87
      gmwilliamsposted 22 months agoin reply to this

This is what MOST AMERICANS fear.  Female POWs as evidenced by history endured heinous punishments & tortures. I am all for equality but women shouldn't be assigned to combat duty-NO WAY!

2. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 22 months agoin reply to this

The question isn't asking about combat, it's asking about being required to serve.

working