jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Why Oklahoma city have more white cops then black when most of its population is

1. profile image61
    peter565posted 21 months ago

Why Oklahoma city have more white cops then black when most of its population is black?

It seem the police vs black tension there would be resolve, if most cops in Oklahoma city is black, but in theory most should have been black, consider they have more blacks then whites living there.They hate cops so much, it remind me of after the French revolution they kill all royal, regardless of good guy or bad guy. Recently a white cop been charge with sexually assaulting black women, receive great protest from black even before trial began, he was found guilty despite, many evidence support he is innocent and no real evidence to prove his guilt and testifiers are all criminal

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
    bradmasterOCcalposted 21 months ago

The solution for the problem is that blacks can out vote the rest of the population, and because they are not using that power it is their fault. They could have whatever police force they need, if they would vote for it. The elected officials like the Mayor, the City Council, and the Sheriff could all be black.

1. profile image61
      peter565posted 21 months agoin reply to this

Are u telling me most mayor in a democratic city is white? WTF? This is really weird for a democratic country,

bradmasterOCcalposted 21 months agoin reply to this

What I said was that if a community is mostly black, they have the power to vote for who and what color are the people that govern them. If they don't use the vote, then it is their problem. Democratic Republic relies on voting.

3. profile image61

True, in Australia there was also issue of police abusing native Australian some years ago, the problem was quickly resolve with public awareness campaign, result in the government and police internal affair to conduct former investigation

3. lions44 profile image100
    lions44posted 21 months ago

Peter, not sure where you are getting your figures, but they are flat out incorrect.  The population of OK City is probably over 60% Caucasian.  Have you confirmed your assumptions?  Have you ever been to Oklahoma?  Why condemn an entire state's citizens?  Know your facts.  Go to www.census.gov

I know the case you are talking about.  By the way, Officer Holtzclaw was of Asian descent.   

Please do some research before putting out statements like this. I normally avoid race issues on HP, but your statements are egregious and defamatory in nature.

1. profile image61

When I heard the news story Officer Holtzclaw appear as a white guy to me and also when that riot was happening, the news claim the city has a black majority

bradmasterOCcalposted 21 months agoin reply to this

CJ
      black people nationally, for the first time, voted at higher rates than whites in the 2012 election.

About 2 in 3 eligible blacks in U.S, 66.2% voted in 2012 pres election, higher than 64.1% non-Hispanic whites  OK had 3rd lowest voter turnout.

working