jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Will Donald Trump sell his properties to fund his campaigns or will he beg other

1. MelangeSpace1 profile image52
    MelangeSpace1posted 20 months ago

Will Donald Trump sell his properties to fund his campaigns or will he beg others for the money?

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 20 months ago

He has essentially transferred the running of his businesses to his oldest children, so it isn't his job anymore. He can still receive income from the business, but he doesn't run it - and doesn't have the authority to sell it.
    He has started to engage in fundraising.

3. Johnny James A profile image77
    Johnny James Aposted 20 months ago

I doubt he will sell his properties, however, it is not uncommon for a candidate to loan his/her campaign money and be repaid with interest.  Additionally, it is not uncommon for a campaign to rent out spaces in buildings they own or friends own.  So long as the rent is reasonable, or the interest rate in terms of loans there is nothing wrong with this.  Some candidates will loan money to the campaign and not expect repayment; or may not be repaid if subsequent contributions do not come in. There have been some issues in the past with candidates loaning money to their campaign at high interest rates.  I believe Rep. Napalito of California was reported as having charged high interest rates, but I could be wrong. The reason Trump may be having a small hiccup in campaign finance fund raising right now may be due to the threat of the "conscientious objector" movement within the Republican delegates. Once this is sorted out the campaign money should come rolling in. They will need this situation to be advertised as settled sooner than later.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
    bradmasterOCcalposted 20 months ago

What is the point of this question. Either Trump will fund his campaign or have it funded. How does speculating about it does any good?

working