jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Is Melania Trump's speech at the GOP convention a mistake or by design?

1. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 19 months ago

Is Melania Trump's speech at the GOP convention a mistake or by design?

Some in the media have criticized her for plagiarism but others believe it was typical Trump manipulating the public and the media to keep her in the lime light...what do you think?

2. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 19 months ago

I say other than the pathetic Media, who really cares?  There are far more important things that deserve media attention but that will never happen.

I doubt many of us go through even one day without saying something, or writing something, that has been said or written before.  Is this plagiarism?

I guess we could all do a quick google search to see if what we are about to say has been said before, but that isn't likely to happen.

Some in politics and the Media are looking for anything to divert our attention away from things that really matter, and this is a great diversion for them.

jackclee lmposted 19 months agoin reply to this

I agree, however, I can't help but feel like we are being manipulatd and played. You can't trust anything any more.

2. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Jack - We are being manipulated and played every minute of every day by the very Politicians we pay to represent us.  Many of these same Politicians are very afraid their game will be over if Trump wins the election.

3. peoplepower73 profile image91
    peoplepower73posted 19 months ago

If it was by design, what good did it do?  It was a mistake because it was written by speech writers who never had there work vetted.  It shows you how disorganized Trump and his campaign people are.

Or how devious they are in creating a media cycle around her...free publicity.

2. savvydating profile image96
      savvydatingposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Given Melania's remarkable poise and beauty, I don't think she needs help through negative media publicity. She can get that on her own, naturally. Likely, it was a lazy speech writer--even given that she outlined the majority of the speech herself.

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 19 months ago

She didn't write the speech - a speech writer did. That speech writer should be fired, if not the campaign manager who let a speech writer write a speech with such plagiarism.

Yes, but what if he did it on purpose under the instructions of Trump operatives?

5. Old-Empresario profile image83
    Old-Empresarioposted 19 months ago

It was like all political speeches: stupid.

1. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 19 months agoin reply to this

It would be different if they were saying something from their own heart and mind rather than reading a speech prepared by someone else.  Most of us already know that not much can be believed with any political speech.  Just another show.

working