jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What do YOU think of David Duke, a reputed White Supremacist, running for the Un

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 18 months ago

What do YOU think of David Duke, a reputed White Supremacist, running for the United States Senate?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12053991_f260.jpg

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 18 months ago

1. He can't win, because even most whites hate him.
    2. He's proving the worst (but fake) stereotypes of Republicans as racist.

3. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 18 months ago

Trump and Duke have basically the same message: an appeal to white people using fear and anger that their way of life is under attack from the 'Others' (which can include minorities, immigrants, Muslims, etc.)

Trump is just more politically correct about it which is ironic considering his claims of not being so. And so while Duke says make America white again, Trump says "Make America great again." It's the same thing.

Normally I wouldn't think anything of him running. I would consider it a circus show, but that is exactly what I thought of Trump, and here we are. If Trump can be the candidate for president then Duke can be a Senator. Whatever should have stopped Trump (rational thought and basic human decency), and what should stop Duke, are evidently in very short supply.

4. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 18 months ago

Well now, since it's widely known, unadulterated fact that Duke is a deplorable individual, bigot, racist, liar, much-hated & ignorant blow hard, he surely has the basic qualifications for being some sort of POLITICIAN!
    The more horrendous the man is, the more he fits right into the Political arena!

1. fpherj48 profile image76
      fpherj48posted 18 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Grace.......great minds usually agree!!  LOL

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Quite welcome.....INDEED!

5. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 18 months ago

The question is: What is there to say about people who vote for him?

6. Ewent profile image86
    Ewentposted 18 months ago

A  born and bred bigot like Duke isn't a leader. He leads only in his own mind. I believe in the world of professional, licensed psychology that Duke is what is known as a "narcissistic sociopath."

It is pretty easy to see just how so many of these middle aged men today are preening, strutting, swaggering and pretending power they don't really have. They have social media to rely on for their much needed infusions of ultra-egotism.

On the one hand, we may try to ignore men like him. But, the danger of ignoring them is that they simply do not believe there are limits to our patience and intolerance of their insufferable need to "Selfie-ize" the media with daily doses of their hateful,, spiteful, envious little games.

working