Has there ever been proof of a rigged presidential election in the United States

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Bedbugabscond profile image93
    Bedbugabscondposted 7 years ago

Has there ever been proof of a rigged presidential election in the United States?

With voter and polling place fraud on the rise it has done more than raised a lot of eyebrows. Now, more and more people are showing concern for a rigged election (Trump now, and possibly Hillary later). Many Americans still plan to vote, but less feel that their vote is secure or matters.

It seems like citizens must allow the idea of a rigged election into their perceptual fields. That takes us into dangerous territory. In the history of the U.S.A, has anyone ever certifiably proven that a presidential election was rigged?

2. gregas profile image80
    gregasposted 7 years ago

I don't know of anyone ever having the nerve to actually come out and saying they were rigged and sticking with it. Greg.

1. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Knowing human nature &what people do to get power or what they want it's extremely naive for anyone to think there is no election fraud. eg http://www.timesunion.com/local/article … 142541.php

2. Yossarian22 profile image60
      Yossarian22posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Our very nation depends on our votes and our participation in the elections. Not even the Koch brothers can buy enough votes to sway an election.

3. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60

As I said in my answer here, you don't need millions of fraudulent voters to sway an election, you really need to pay attention.

3. RonElFran profile image96
    RonElFranposted 7 years ago

The idea that voting fraud is on the rise is emphatically not true. This has been adjudicated in court with the spate of voter ID laws enacted by various states, and then challenged in court. In no case has the state been able to point to any significant amount of in-person voter fraud in that state, or anywhere in the US. For example, in its court filing the state of Pennsylvania admitted in court that it was unaware of any such fraud in Pennsylvania or in any other state.

That's why Donald Trump's claim that this election will be "rigged" is so corrosive. There is absolutely no evidence that this is the case, but the very claim will serve to undermine the belief of some people in the integrity of the US electoral system. Get enough of that, and the breakdown of our democracy becomes a possibility. This unsupported claim is totally irresponsible!

I think people confuse election fraud & a rigged election. They are not necessarily the same. Clinton rigged her primary by bribing all the super delegates.Trump's reference is to the system being rigged, which has been demonstrated already

2. Yossarian22 profile image60
      Yossarian22posted 7 years agoin reply to this

How did she "bribe" the super delegates. They were following the rules of the DNC.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
      bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ronald
      We don't know who is voting in our elections, and in Ca they are not allowed to make any kind of checks on who is voting. So with 11 million illegal immigrants how do you know if they or other non citizens are voting. The courts are political

4. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
    Dont Taze Me Broposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13134150_f260.jpg

Read this and then tell me there has never been proof of election fraud in a presidential election. http://townhall.com/columnists/rachelal … tion_fraud

or this

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/st … eople-vot/

or this

http://www.heritage.org/research/report … corruption

In the election of 1876 both parties were trying to bribe Electors in the Electoral College, an historical fact.

A far more common sort of fraud is abuse of absentee ballots. Sometimes you will find that all of the voters in a nursing home voted the same way. This is awful, criminal, and hard to prosecute, but have little impact on large elections. Typically this kind of thing is for very local elections that aren't actually partisan. But as more states move to more absentee voting we might see more of this or voter coercion.

Some of the most recent cases of fraud have been where people registering others to vote destroyed the documents for those registering for one party. There was a case in Virginia where someone destroyed about 400 registration forms for Democrats while properly submitting the Republican ones. Here is the link: http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washin … s-gop-ties

If you think a presidential election is so big that you'd have to have millions of people committing voter fraud to swing the election the fact is there are all kinds of fraud that ARE used to swing local elections which could also affect a presidential election if the election depends on a few key precincts in swing states. For example 333,000 Votes in 4 Swing States Would Have Given Romney the Presidency: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government … residency/

So when you ask for proof, there is plenty of evidence that suggests election fraud happens in Presidential elections (not to mention common sense?) just like there is plenty of evidence Bill Clinton is a serial rapist or at least guilty of multiple sexual assaults, but prove it? Well when you are dealing with a corrupt system run by the "corruptors" to start with that can be difficult.

PROOF Bernie Sanders Actually WON The Primary (Probably)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPISK6_xAbc#t=116

5. Old-Empresario profile image71
    Old-Empresarioposted 7 years ago

Do you mean rigged or stolen? They're all rigged.
    The following elections were stolen:

The question is has there ever been proof? What's your proof?

2. Larry Wall of BR profile image60
      Larry Wall of BRposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The 1960 election was Kennedy vs. Nixon. That was a very close election, but I do not think it was rigged. I have seen no evidence showing that the elections were rigged. If an election does not turn out as you like, does not mean it was rigged.

3. Bedbugabscond profile image93
      Bedbugabscondposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Can you explain the difference between a rigged election and a stolen election?? Thanks.

4. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60

A rigged election is an election where the rules and/or practices of collecting and counting the votes are rigged to benefit one side or the other(eg super delegates that can be bought).Any election won by cheating or fraud is a stolen one

6. Diana Lee profile image75
    Diana Leeposted 7 years ago

If we look back through time at some other elections where there were machines not working right and votes not counted correctly, then we might say it was rigged. Too close, to count until at the very end may have had a different turn out if votes had not been missed. No one is going to admit anything was done on purpose.

That is true but the best example of rigging an election is the Democrat party's implementation of "super" delegates. Just google [Hillary bribed super delegates] and you'll find multiple sources describing how she bought delegates!

7. Larry Wall of BR profile image60
    Larry Wall of BRposted 7 years ago

Keep in mind, Presidential elections are not decided by the popular vote. The ultimate decision is made by the Electoral College. That is why Al Gore, with more popular votes lost to George W. Bush. He did not get the votes in the right states.
    The Electoral College, in theory, can select an entirely different candidate if there is no agreement on the two major candidates. Some want to eliminate, as I did at one time. However, I think it provides a necessary safeguard to our election system.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)