jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Why do certain people in democratic societies have a "bromance" for Vladimir Put

1. Dean Traylor profile image94
    Dean Traylorposted 18 months ago

Why do certain people in democratic societies have a "bromance" for Vladimir Putin?

Former KGB officer,totalitarian, homophobe and all-around despot bent on creating a new Russian empire: everything about Putin screams anti-democracy (and don't forget the alleged political assassinations of critics and reporters as well as various invasions and intervention in proxy wars throughout Eastern Europe and the Middle East). Yet, strangely enough, some people in America on the right side of the political spectrum adore him. Why is someone who hates America and democracy getting so much "love" from people who claim to love this great country?

2. JG Hemlock profile image81
    JG Hemlockposted 18 months ago

I don't know much about him. This photograph made me laugh. I had a strange dream of him this morning (not a clue of why) and in the dream, I had a date with him. Not a 'romantic date' but a meeting and then I was shown his limousine with very dark windows. Not sure what all that means...haha but possibly I am attracted to him and don't know it? Who knows. I liked his limo much more than his horse here. LOL

Dean Traylorposted 18 months agoin reply to this

BTW, that's a real photo...and there's more like it. Also, he stole a Super Bowl ring from the New England Patriots owner. He's wacky and spooky at the same time.

3. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 18 months ago

It is a real mystery why one of the world's biggest capitalists would have a lech for one of the world's biggest anti-capitalists, but the answer may be money. The Washington Post says that Trump has profited greatly from Russian money pouring into his investments, however, he denies receiving Russian money. Quite the contrary, his son, Donald Trump Jr. in 2008 said
    “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets.” Donald Trump Jr. added, “we see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.” (interview with Washington Post)

Trump is also said to have made millions from moving the Miss Universe Pageant to Russia in 2013. So it appears that Trump has $ signs in his eyes when he buddies up to Putin. Apparently Trump believes that money will buy him anything, including the U.S. presidency.
    Why are Hillary Clinton's emails more important than accusations that Trump asked Russia to hack them? Do we really feel safe with Russia hacking into our emails -- regardless of whose emails they are. Would we feel safe with a president who got a foreign government to hack our into emails? That very subject needs more investigation, and those are questions we need to ask ourselves.

Dean Traylorposted 18 months agoin reply to this

I'm at a loss too. I read an article claiming that a lot of people like him because they see him as a "strong" leader even though he has run his country into economic turmoil.

4. Dean Traylor profile image94
    Dean Traylorposted 14 months ago

With current events this question now takes a scary turn. Now all the trumpsters are doing rhetorical acrobats to make the  intrusion of Putin as being ok. Who knew the level of cognitive dissonance was so strong with them.

Closed to reply