Why is saying #AllLivesMatter considered racist?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (48 posts)
  1. CaitBooth profile image79
    CaitBoothposted 7 years ago

Why is saying #AllLivesMatter considered racist?

I see this everywhere: on Twitter, on forums, and on the news. I am asking this out of pure curiosity and confusion, because I don't see anything racist about the statement/hashtag.

2. Alternative Prime profile image56
    Alternative Primeposted 7 years ago

Because many individuals primarily on the RIGHT including LIAR in Chief "Delusional Donald Trump" simply don't understand the "TRUE Meaning" of the phrase "BLACK Lives MATTER" ~ What they are saying is "HEY, we matter too" NOT "We Matter to the EXCLUSION of Everyone Else" which is how it's SPUN Politically ~

It's an Innocent Misconception by most Americans yet used as a "DIVISIVE Political TOOL" by CHRONIC Imbeciles like "Delusional Donald Trump", Sean HAMMERHead, Rush Limbo & FOX LOSER Network ~

1. junko profile image69
      junkoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

ALT Prime you will not have your answer chosen best answer to an ALT RIght type question such as asked above but you got my vote. Yours is among the best I heard but , your answer is too real too truth full.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image50
      bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Junko
      I am disappointed in your answer.

3. junko profile image69

bradmaster, I know you and you know me this is not the first time we've disappointed each other but , this must hurt I never heard you say ouch before. Are you disappointed in what I wrote or I didn,t write?

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

Junko
      What you said. BLM versus BLM in action. For the last 150 yrs blacks have done this Rioting, and that is not consistent for what they say they want, Justice. They have failed over and over again, but Justice requires intelligence not riots. smile

5. junko profile image69

bradmaster, intelligence, not any action or slogans will bring about justice and stop the police killings of Blacks That comment is without substance. Go to my profile and read what I think about BLM its at the top. There is substance read if you can

6. jackclee lm profile image80
      jackclee lmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Let me get this straight. In 2016, wr have a black President, a black attorney general, a black police sheriff in Charlotte, NC, a black police officer shooting a black driver, and a Democratic mayor controlled for 50 years...
      it's white racists?...

7. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

Junko
      This doesn't explain why my comment is not valid.
      Rioting didn't work last year, and it didn't in the 60s. It is not intelligent to continue a failed tactic. So the blacks that kill cops are Justified. And creating riots that kill people is OK

8. junko profile image69

Brad not only is your comments without substance they are too vague. A lot of blacks & whites died before and after riots by white mob violence Do you suggest armed revolt is more intelligent than peaceful protest? You two speak with fork tongues

9. Alternative Prime profile image56
      Alternative Primeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

THX Junko ~ I was RAISED by Parents who STRESSED "Honesty is the BEST Policy" & FACTs Rule my WORLD, not Ridiculous RIGHT Wing CONSPIRACIES & Lies from "DARK Spaces" like FOX Loser Network that PEDDLEs CON-Man Trump ~ Rational MINDs Know "BLM

10. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

Junko
      We have 250 chars. Blacks are being manipulated by liberals,  they are their indentured servants. They own the blacks, they are the ones behind the violence in the riots.fact,blacks have not progressed, their own fault, no one else

11. wrenchBiscuit profile image69
      wrenchBiscuitposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Whites riots, not black:  NY City Draft Riots 1863:  Omaha Race Riot 1919. Red Summer 1919, Black Wallstreet 1921. Since 1860 over 1000 blacks have been killed by white rioters who were the aggressors. Black people have excelled. You live to lie,

12. junko profile image69

Ronnie, some people do live to lie " There is one truth and many lies the truth is sometimes ugly that's way most people love a lie even when they know the truth"

3. arksys profile image83
    arksysposted 7 years ago

It is a statement made to counter racism.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

Irfan
      How is that working out? Racism wouldn't exist if people would stop calling everything Racist.This is a presidential election year, the Constitution should be used by BLM not riots.

bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13157861_f260.jpg

Racism exists and it is persists in the minds of the liberal and the left to be used as their hammer of Thor. By making everything look racist they are really making racism a political thing, not one of reality.

The MSM media has also put their political might, instead of just reporting the news they skew the news. It is not like white people aren't killed by the police, or beaten by the police, or even harassed by the police, but it is not on the MSM agenda. Remember, the old saying, If it Bleeds than it Leads. Well this is the same kind of idea. Blacks are a minority but not in the prisons and jails of the US. Are they all there because they are innocent but the police are racist? I don't think so because the other big numbers of prisoners are Latino, Mexican.

These two groups are more likely to be in gangs, and that makes them more likely to be involved in criminal activity. We have a two term Black President that means that over half the country wasn't against Blacks. The other half were mostly not Democrats. So where is the Racism? It is in the minds and deeds of the left.

If the blacks haven't reached equality in 400 yrs then maybe they have to look internally. Why is it that we only hear about the Blacks, not the Browns, or the Asians being picked on by the police. Even a black cop involved in shooting of another black is racist. I don't think so.
    The left is using this Racism as a means to draw the sheep into voting for them,&their ultimate goal of making the US like Europe.
    This whole PC mantra was started by them, but it is unilateral because the left by definition can never take responsibility for their own incorrectness. Calling people HOMOphobes is not only inaccurate it is politically incorrect, yet they are not held the same as the right, or even the center. Calling people RACIST is also not politically incorrect but the left is shielded from it.
    They can do all the wrong things and not be held accountable, while they make outrageous claims against the right. And if anyone on the right calls them on it, they call them Racists.

For over the last 100 years, blacks have been given every advantage but they failed to improve from them. Meanwhile foreigners can come into the US&embrace America&prosper, while the blacks look the same as they did 100 years ago. In that time period there have been so many interracial marriages,&births that one has to look to find blacks that are pure blacks, & even farther to find ones from Africa!

The one place in America that is truly Racist are the Prisons. In prisons, prisoners identify with race and form a prison gang. And all the gangs are racist according to any definition of the word.

2. profile image50
      voodooliposted 7 years agoin reply to this

i Saw DOC's ad in a Internet and phoned he, within a few minutes I just knew that he would help me, he's so helpful, and really understands what you are going through.  I have recommended he to my girlfriends who are having troubles also you can mai

5. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 7 years ago

If Black Live Matter Too, then explain why the daily shootings in the inner cities of Chicago is not highlighted day in day out and protested...? The shootings are up 60% this year and most victims are blacks...Why do those lives matter less?

This BLM movement is the same as Occupy Wall Street movement, orchestrated and funded by George Soros to create chaos. He profits from chaos...and his vision is for a One World Order. - Open Society Institute and open borders...His policies actually hurts blacks. He is the 0.01% that his movements are supposedly protesting.

Jack
      I agree, we are being played, and most of the people being played don't have a clue. Dance monkey dance.

6. aasl profile image54
    aaslposted 7 years ago

There really isn't anything racist about the statement. It's easier for leftists to try and label it as racist instead of actually trying to unite the country. After all, it is leftist policies that have purposely kept inner cities the way they are.

Division keeps them alive and stoking the flames of racism keeps them in business. Because there's money to be made as a victim. (Ie: Shaun King, former white leader of BLM) Theyve literally set us back instead of forward. And every time conservatives actually agree with putting a cop in jail after he's been tried it's ignored. Why? Because like I said they don't want unity even if it benefits minorities.

7. Aime F profile image71
    Aime Fposted 7 years ago

The most important thing is understanding context. 

Saying "all lives matter" doesn't objectively seem racist, in fact a lot of people feel it's the opposite.  But it's a direct response to Black Lives Matter which is a movement that wants to address a specific problem. 

Think of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge that was making the rounds last year.  Do you think it would be appropriate for people to hijack the movement and say "ALL diseases matter" and discourage people from focusing on ALS?  What about if you walked into a fundraiser for cancer and handed out flyers that said "diabetes matters" and "mental health matters, too"?

"Black Lives Matter" is not meant to imply that ONLY black lives matter and I think people who pretend that it does are being intentionally obtuse. 

Most people would agree that all lives matter but to use it in the same context as #BlackLivesMatter is taking away from the importance of that specific movement.

The BLM is a scam, and if a two term black president is enough for them, then maybe they are in the wrong country. BLM rioting and destroying businesses and other property hardly seems like a valid movement. Start by respecting others.

2. jackclee lm profile image80

I understand what you are saying. What does the BLM movement hope to achieve? and why some are being paid to protest?
      If there intent to save blacks from being shot by police, the best way to do so is education. Just like Eric Holder, with his son.

3. Aime F profile image71
      Aime Fposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree that rioting is never the way to get a point across but there are plenty of peaceful BLM protests.

BLM does aim to educate to by exposing the fact that systemic racism still exists & that people are willing to speak out against it.

BLM is known for their rioting, not for their education of their issues. If a black president didn't make a difference, then what will it take?

5. Aime F profile image71
      Aime Fposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Known for" by whom?  I wasn't aware that you were the appointed authority on how everyone else perceives issues.

Why are you under the impression that having a black president for 8 years can fix hundreds of years of racism?

6. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

Aimee
      The BLM rioting of last year was in the news, and it is the same as it is in NC today. If a Black president can't fix it then the blacks have a real problem internally. How many pure blacks do we have today, with all the interracial marriages?

7. Ivan Tod profile image62
      Ivan Todposted 7 years agoin reply to this

white presidents have had over 200 years in office and they haven't improved anything for anybody, so what's your logic,

8. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

Ivan
      The diff is that a Black pres should be more empathetic to the average black person more so than a white pres. the Black should have less reason to riot under blk pres. You don't see the logic in that? And why should skin color determine race?

9. wrenchBiscuit profile image69

Brad,  Two world wars have been fought in Europe. White on white violence under white Presidents and white rulers. Having white rulers has never stopped white on white violence. Your point is absurd, pedestrian, and illogical.

8. Billie Kelpin profile image85
    Billie Kelpinposted 7 years ago

It's terribly racist. That is something to just plain accept.  You don't have to understand it. 
    But perhaps in addition to the other examples people have written here, this might help as well.
    A slogan has to be short.  It originates from a full thought.  The full thought is:  Black lives matter, but police and society are acting like they dont.
    It would be ridiculous to say,  White lives matter, but police are acting like they don't, because they DO act like other lives matter.  I am confident that the police in my neighborhood of Newport Beach think that my life matters.  (And if I'm driving a Bentley, you can bet that they think my life matters a whole lot more.)   
    If I, as a woman, am driving in my Prius around Newport beach or waiting in my car here to pick up my child in school, there is not an inkling in any officer's mind that I could be doing anything wrong .  I could have a kilo (or whatever) of cocaine in the back of my car, but based on my white skin and where I look like I'm from, my wrongdoing does not cause a single question in the police officer's mind.  Color me black and make me a man, all of a sudden, I have to worry a bit about how they're going to react to me and whether protecting me matters as much to them as being suspicious of me. 

We even utter statements like "all lives matter" in a sense with our friends.  Let's imagine a friend has cancer. They tell us their back is aching today.  "Oh my back aches all the time, it's probably just an age thing."  We negate their pain because we want them to feel better and also because we don't know HOW to react and we feel helpless as to how to help. 
    If someone is telling us they are in pain, whether psychological or physical, we have to believe them. It's only respectful.  The term "racist" in my mind means that we are not listening to what a group of people is shouting to tell us, and we are not respectful of that message.  When we are not respectful of another's need, no change can occur. That is precisely why, even though we might not understand, acceptance of the message is critical to change and change is what is desparately needed.

There is nothing plain about it, your logic is flawed.

2. wrenchBiscuit profile image69

BK, You are right on the money. Furthermore, the primary purpose of BLM is to end police brutality against black people, regardless of the cops race. The racists have only focused on the racial aspect of the controversy in an effort to demonize BLM.

3. jackclee lm profile image80

Here is Harvard study by a black professor-
      http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 … vard-prof/

9. tamarawilhite profile image87
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

The redefinition of racism to is a political move to make all blacks victims, all whites oppressors, and frees ethnic minorities to hate whites as a group (actual racism) and personal responsibility because they can blame whites as a group.
    TLDR - victimhood politics

1. junko profile image69

Billie Kelpin if I hadn't given my vote for best answer to ALT Prime earlier I'd give it to you You expanded on Alt Prime's Truthfullness Maybe this truth is coming from the daughters and sons of the fathers that sin against The lost tribes of Africa

10. wrenchBiscuit profile image69
    wrenchBiscuitposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13207498_f260.jpg

Alternative Prime is absolutely correct. Furthermore, no one was saying "All Lives Matter" prior to Black Lives Matter. It is well known that although the Indigenous and the Black people are being disproportionately killed by cops, just looking at the numbers tells us that there are more whites being killed by cops than any other race. As of July 2016, 238 whites had been killed as opposed to 123 blacks. And this is nothing new. If all of these people crying "All Lives Matter" truly cared about "all lives", then why weren't these people marching and protesting the killing of innocent whites, and blacks, long before Black Lives Matter was formed? And why aren't they marching now? I will tell why.

They haven't been protesting cop killings because their is no sincerity in their claims that "All Lives Matter". They are racist hypocrites who are only concerned with maintaining a system of white supremacy. Black Lives Matter is an affirmation of Black Power, and black determination to demand justice. From the  perspective of the racist, such defiance is itself considered a violent act of aggression against white society. They are not concerned about the killing of innocent white men, or black men. They are only concerned with keeping the black man "in his place". "All Lives Matter" is code for "Black Lives Don't Matter, and "Let's Make America Great Again" is code for "Let's Make America White Again".

1. jackclee lm profile image80

Sorry, you are wrong in this case. The shooting in Charlotte NC is not a race case. You have a black police officer shooting a black victim and a black police sheriff... and a Democratic mayor... Why is BLM protesting and rioting...?

2. wrenchBiscuit profile image69

No, you are wrong. BLM is concerned with cops killing black people.It just happens to be the case that they are often white, but overall the color of the cop is irrelevant.  Are you suggesting it's OK for white  cops to kill white people?

3. wrenchBiscuit profile image69

No, you are wrong. BLM is about fighting against police brutality and the killing of black people by the police. It is irrelevant what color the cop may be, although it is often the case that the killer cop is a white racist.

4. jackclee lm profile image80

You are losing your argument and common sense. All data has shown cops are not targeting blacks. The few cases of bad cops shooting blacks have been prosecuted. In many of the shootings, it it due to the escalation of a person not obeying...

5. wrenchBiscuit profile image69

Then your data is wrong. Furthermore, if there is no weapon, and no threat to the cop , the fact that a citizen may not "obey" a particular command is no cause for a death sentence.  Tamir Rice didn't have time to obey in 3 secs.

6. jackclee lm profile image80

What does BLM want to happen? What is the end game? Do they want the police to stop policing? When you have disorder, it leads to chaos and the people will suffer and society breaks down. Is rioting and looting the answer?

7. wrenchBiscuit profile image69

Obviously they want to stop miscreant cops from killing innocent people. And they want accountability. The U.S. government uses violence to further it;s agenda. Do you consider WWI,WWII, Korea,Vietnam,and Iraq to be "peaceful protests"?

11. gconeyhiden profile image65
    gconeyhidenposted 7 years ago
  12. Shyron E Shenko profile image69
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 7 years ago

If the phrase “black lives matter” is not racist and it does not include other races, then it would seem to me that “All lives matter” would not be racist because it is all inclusive, even including black lives and to me would not be racist.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)