jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Before 2016 would you have thought you would choose between two liars and cheats

1. Perspycacious profile image81
    Perspycaciousposted 17 months ago

Before 2016 would you have thought you would choose between two liars and cheats for president?

2. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 17 months ago

You can vote 3rd party - there are more than 2 choices, but the powers that be that control both main parties don't want people to stop the "lesser evil" insanity.  It's an option - just saying.  Everyone should vote their conscience.

3. profile image0
    Copper Manposted 17 months ago

The two front runners seem poles apart politically.
    But I seem to remember years ago when two candidates for the position had such minescule differences between them that people referred to the pair as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.
    No one like that offering, either.

4. Ken Burgess profile image89
    Ken Burgessposted 17 months ago

Have you ever seen such childish, arrogant behavior without any dignity from two Presidential candidates in your lifetime?

Yes there have been bad Presidential candidates, and bad performances in debates... maybe it is just my age, as I get older, more experienced and worldly, these politicians seem pathetically inept to represent America as President.

Or maybe we were just treated to two fairly capable and competent debaters last election (Romney - Obama) and these two are such sad second rate comparisons to those two, the childish bickering and accusations one after the other of criminal activity and wrongdoing, on BOTH of them, is beyond anything we have seen from two candidates for as along as I can remember.

1. Perspycacious profile image81
      Perspycaciousposted 17 months agoin reply to this

For as long as I can remember, too...and I remember Dewey vs. Truman, winning five cents when Truman won!

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image27
      bradmasterOCcalposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Orators are word smiths, not presidents. I CAN'T agree with the conclusions in the question. Here is the bottom line, your professional politicians from both parties have taken the US on the road of decline to where it is today. blame them.

5. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 17 months ago

That is a loaded question, kind of like "do you still beat your wife?"

6. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 17 months ago

Clinton is the proven liar plus corrupt one. Trump is just a blustering blowhard, but not corrupt or a major liar.