jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

What about this-is Donald Trump PURPOSELY, INTENTIONALLY, & KNOWINGLY sabotaging

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 18 months ago

What about this-is Donald Trump PURPOSELY, INTENTIONALLY, & KNOWINGLY sabotaging his campaign in

order to get Clinton into office?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13123953_f260.jpg

2. promisem profile image97
    promisemposted 18 months ago

No. He is simply focusing on his base for the massive amount of money he will make after the election from books, speeches and the Trump News

He doesn't necessarily want Clinton in office. He just wants to make sure he stays out of office. He makes a lot more money that way.

1. fpherj48 profile image77
      fpherj48posted 18 months agoin reply to this

Hmm, Very interesting & likely possibility, Scott. 4 a while I had begun to suspect the whole thing was a ruse put together by DT & HRC, to make sure she wins the election. I don't think that anymore. U have a sensible point.!!

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
      Kathleen Cochranposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Scott:  You will be proven true, and it won't take long.  I'm sure the Trump TV logo is already in the works and will no doubt debut before she's sworn in.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image94
    Rochelle Frankposted 18 months ago
  4. Ken Burgess profile image89
    Ken Burgessposted 18 months ago

I didn't see any evidence of that in tonight's debate... in fact, that he showed so well and attacked Hillary so convincingly puts that idea to rest in my mind.

He could have come out as bad or worse than he did in the first debate, and it would have been all over tonight.  Instead he hit her with some real solid blows, and despite the fact that she is a polished politician that took a week out of her life to memorize talking points and attacks... she faired no better than him in tonight's debate, and she was exposed on new issues (IE - he pinned the Chicago riots to her and she didn't deflect those accusations) that I think damaged her.

Now... she is as strong as ever with the solid Democrats that vote D no matter what.  And she is stronger now with "upper classed" women those educated, working, independent woman who might not have liked her... but Trump lost those votes as soon as the sexual assault accusations were rolled out on him. 

Key here is she didn't serve him up a knockout blow... not close.

But if WikiLeaks keeps rolling out more emails, and these youtube videos keep popping up incriminating her campaign or the DNC, she is only going to lose votes.   Her effort to stick that on the Russians I think was a big fat Fail... in that sense, she is a dinosaur (as is much of the media) thinking people think of Russia as the big bad wolf the way they used to during the Reagan years.

This is what I think.... I think there are a WHOLE LOT of Americans that couldn't follow half of what she was talking about... but I think they understood loud and clear most of the points Trump made.  He puts things simply, he hits at some of the most basic points, while she works around them and makes typical political points.

When Trump says... "yeah, same old promises and after the election you do none of that and say see you again in four years" .... those things hit home, with a LOT of people that are very frustrated with Washington and BOTH parties... millions of people... old and young, that aren't so fortunate in life that they can sit here and debate the issues on Hubpages in a comfortable chair, on their laptop, sitting in relative luxury.

There are a lot of people less fortunate than you or I, that have had a tough decade... or two.... who are very very frustrated, and all the wikileak emails, and youtube exposes, that are coming out now showing who Clinton and the DNC really are, will have more impact than you imagine.

1. lovemychris profile image65
      lovemychrisposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Funny, when i was railing against bush, i didnt notice a whole lot of republicans saying both sides are to blame. And trump wont recognize the results, and mccain vowed to block any of hillarys nominees should she win. Maybe thats the problem. NAAAH

2. Ken Burgess profile image89
      Ken Burgessposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Leslie the biggest problem America has are voters who think there is a big difference between the parties, and that one side or the other is the problem.. the system is corrupt, the politicians on both sides of the aisle are on the take. Its a farce.

5. profile image0
    PeterStipposted 18 months ago

I'm saying this for months. Trump never had the intention to win the elections. He uses the election campaign as a free commercial advertising platform for his own business. As a president he will not have the opportunity to move freely, you have to make concessions, something he isn't used to do. He has more business opportunities if he loses the election and can make money because he is free of government regulalations.
    A smart business man uses politics but is not inside. That's what Trump doing all the time, he is scared to death to win the ellections because then he has obligations. A vote for Trump is a lost vote, he knows he already lost the ellections that's why he is going on about the "rigged" ellections. A poor looser who is used to it that things goes his way, but if they don't he blames others and does not look inward for self improvement.

1. Ken Burgess profile image89
      Ken Burgessposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Look inward for self improvement?  He is 70 years old (and Hillary is 68) neither one of them is looking inward to improve... they are both set in their ways, at least Trump isn't already a thoroughly corrupted politician with no morals like Clinton.

2. profile image0
      PeterStipposted 18 months agoin reply to this

You say that pxxxxx grabbing Trump has morals? You think that Trump is not corrupt Ken?

6. Lillysperspective profile image61
    Lillysperspectiveposted 18 months ago

I thought this too, until the third debate.  He seemed to really try to compose himself and actually make sense.  Unfortunately, now I think everything he has said and done is actually who he is.

7. profile image50
    Sensualityposted 17 months ago

Politically inexperienced? Occam's razor explanation? Basically unfit?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dPNQaWeiIE

working