jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

How accurate can media political polls be when pollsters like ABC insist on over

1. profile image80
    Hxprofposted 18 months ago

How accurate can media political polls be when pollsters like ABC insist on oversampling Democrats?

A recent ABC poll has Hillary Clinton ahead of Trump by 12 points, and ABC maintains that a 9 point over sample of Democrats is legit.  But is that true?

2. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image61
    Dont Taze Me Broposted 18 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13248834_f260.jpg

In 1980 up to the last minute the polls had Carter ahead by 9 points. The result, he lost to Reagan by 9 points. An 18 point disparity in the national poll then.

I think we are looking at a repeat of history in the polls. If Trump was really down 10 or more points in the polls he wouldn't be  getting 10's of thousands at Trump Rallies, every one, while not even a thousand at Hillary rallies.

The media is as crooked as Hillary.

1. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image61
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 18 months agoin reply to this
    2. profile image80
      Hxprofposted 18 months agoin reply to this

I'm certain that the polls are off, and are a bit better for Trump than things appear, but I don't think the polls are flat out wrong.  Clinton does seem to be ahead...

3. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image61
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 18 months agoin reply to this

That's good,liberals want so bad to believe it that they will probably stay home& notvote thinking Hillary will win in a landslide anyway.That's exactly how privileged they believe they r & how little enthusiasm the left really has for HRC

working