jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

I may have a problem. Is it OK to be OK with our system and our leaders?

1. Ericdierker profile image56
    Ericdierkerposted 14 months ago

I may have a problem. Is it OK to be OK with our system and our leaders?

Maybe I am crazy but from early childhood I believed and still do that public service is a great and respected thing. I thought and think that both choices for President were wildly successful individuals. I think that Reps. are conservative and Dems. are progressive. On different issues I agree with one or the other. Any national leader has millions and millions of dollars spent on destroying them. And hashtags are the worst we can throw at them? Sorry folks my income is low but I love it here.

2. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 14 months ago

I'm not a citizen of the USA, but I'd say, "Sure it OK to be OK with our (your) system and our leaders.  But the beauty of it is is is also OK to not be OK.  You don't get locked away a political prisoner, or 'sent to Siberia' for voicing that opinion.  To me, that makes it very OK.

Ericdierkerposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Cool Tom. I have just been so credentialed and successful that I feel like I get these folks. A man at 65 plus who can kick butt deserves my respect as does a lady. Am I really so much better that I can pass judgment toward hell and damnation?

3. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 14 months ago

I have to say that I did not think either of the people we had to vote for, were worth voting for. I decided that I really did not want either representing my country. I love this country intensely and want better for it. I did decide that I would support whichever was elected though. We should not be out trying to tear the country down because we did not like the one that was elected. I hope we are not going to regret this.

Becky I appreciate your position. Folks like you are invested in doing right not being right and it is inspiring to me.

4. Carb Diva profile image95
    Carb Divaposted 14 months ago

Eric, unfortunately cheering (or jeering) for our political leaders is not like taking sides at the Super Bowl. Whoever is in office, you have to hope and pray that they do their best and that all goes well. If the POTUS "fails", gosh darn we're going down the drain too--he or she is just leading the charge.

So, to answer your question, not only is it OK to be OK with our system and leaders, but you honestly HAVE to be. This is one case where even if the decision didn't go your way, you have to hope that the winner WINS.

Very well spoken Linda. Thank you.

5. Venkatachari M profile image57
    Venkatachari Mposted 14 months ago

I may not fully agree with these opinions. We can feel it OK only partially because we have to get on moving and not hinder the movement. You can agree with some points and disagree with some other points of the same person. So, you are only partially Okay. And, spending millions and millions of dollars is a very bad thing. One should not feel it OK.

Hi good friend. Your point is well taken. We really cannot get so wrapped up in acceptance and calmness that we fail to take proper action when required. Sometimes it seem "might is right" but it should be "right is might".

6. clivewilliams profile image84
    clivewilliamsposted 14 months ago

NO! Most world leaders are nothing but little spoil brats who had everything in life growing up and also wanted the things of others. They waste good money fighting stupid wars which they themselves manifested. They make it difficult for the little man to succeed while putting big bucks in their pals pockets. They are liers, cheaters and will sell their mother's soul for a vote.

Clive I just love people who express this almost anarchist point of view. My thirty something son has evolved to a stance very close to yours. I actually can appreciate it. I get it.
      However the dirty bastard swamp breeders do some good.

working