jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

What lesson did you learn post the 2016 election of Trump?

1. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 15 months ago

What lesson did you learn post the 2016 election of Trump?

This is not a trick question. It is addressed to anyone, no particular political group. I am a conservative and I did not support either candidate. However, I also learned an important lesson. The lesson I learned is that politics is a nasty game. People play hard. The house of cards show on HBO was realistic and frightening. We have reached a new low in American politics. It begs the question who in their right mind would ever want to run for high office?
    It is your turn...The silver lining is that we are now more aware of the behind the scene shenanigans that goes on. your turn...

2. PhoenixV profile image69
    PhoenixVposted 15 months ago

The lesson I learned is that mainstream media has no conscience. They now have become emboldened to lie to the American public in a maniacal way.

jackclee lmposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Is that self destructive? Why would they damage themselves like that? Is it another manifestation of "Trump Derangement Syndrome"?

2. PhoenixV profile image69
      PhoenixVposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Arrogance or yes TDS.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
      bradmasterOCcalposted 15 months agoin reply to this

The only way for the MSM to change for the better is to stop watching them. News is really reporting the facts, not embedding opinion into them. So look at how long it takes MSM to give you the weather, when it takes seconds to get it on the Internet

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 15 months ago

That Scott Adams' opinion that people are not rational but only think they are is likely true.
    That his Master Persuader series of books are critical reading for anyone wanting to understand human psychology.

Yes, I like the way he thinks.

4. Warren Curtis profile image79
    Warren Curtisposted 15 months ago

Trump is a fool and so is anyone else who believes the pandering of either sides biased sources of truth.

Just curious, on what basis did you come to that conclusion. If both sides are corrupt and the media is not to be trusted, what can we rely on?

2. Warren Curtis profile image79
      Warren Curtisposted 15 months agoin reply to this

All media must be inspected rigorously through analysis by the reader. If the media has a biased and attacking tone to it then it is meant to sway opinion. News is meant to inform not to sway thoughts.

5. Ericdierker profile image51
    Ericdierkerposted 15 months ago

You know Jack this reminds me of a 1st degree murder with death penalty trial I defended once. The defendant sucked, the venue in one of the hottest places on earth, El Centro CA, sucked. Our defense sucked. By God the whole thing sucked. Boy that white pool of jurors and a "wheeler" motion sucked. (Wheeler is the case law that hold the prosecution wrong if they exclude minorities)
    Ah lordy the whole thing was cluster---- and a SNAFU.

But my team of forensics and persuasion won. Fine, hate me. But I was a winner. I do not think I need to apologize for winning. I won. by golly I was a winner.
    My son plays Basketball every Tuesday some days he is not so good. I don't think I would pick him for my team but I would put my best defensive player on him.
    Winning is a tough. today I whooped my son in soccer. He refused to give me a high five. Punk. Five minutes later he did. And we carried on. We do not hate winners in my home.
    There is no question that America needs a winner and there in absolutely no question that Trump is a winner. Like him or hate him he will win for America..

working