jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

4 days to go will Trump "hit the ground running" or be slowed by Democrat blocke

1. Perspycacious profile image82
    Perspycaciousposted 15 months ago

4 days to go will Trump "hit the ground running" or be slowed by Democrat blockers?

The previous national legislatures (House and Senate) faced rigid partisanship.  Did we learn anything from that, or will it persist as Democrats (now in the minority) simply do what they criticized Republicans for doing when their roles were reversed?  Trump comes across as a "get things done" guy.  Will he be slow in taking advantage of the same "window of opportunity" President Obama saw vanish in Obama's first two years in office, or will he use his first 100 days in office to get things done? By 100+ days the Tidal Basin cherry trees will be in blossom and America could blossom, too.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12969807_f260.jpg

2. ptosis profile image72
    ptosisposted 15 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13364939_f260.jpg

I think just about everybody will either "hit the ground" or run.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
      bradmasterOCcalposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Another good one, but to answer the question, Trump has been working and accomplishing since the election. If the Trump resistance dn help Trump then they will just be windshield art.

3. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 15 months ago

I raised English Bulldogs for a bit. One of the most fun things about the pups was that the would clamp down on something and absolutely no let go when challenged. Very much just a trait of the species.
    Seems Trump's species just is blind to failure other than taking a new tact. He is not that common concept of insanity : doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, like most politicians for decades.
    I would do business with the guy but I would assess the liabilities and costs.
    He will win -- but at what cost.

1. Perspycacious profile image82
      Perspycaciousposted 15 months agoin reply to this

I just had fun writing a satirical bit about what happens after the inauguration has been done.  The serious bit then is what comes next.

4. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 15 months ago

Trump through social pressure and the bully pulpit has done more to bring manufacturing jobs back to the US and prevent companies relocating internationally since November than Obama has done in eight years.
    Yes liberals are interfering with him in a way that they would say is treason if conservatives had done a tenth as much to impede Clinton, but I don't think it will slow him down much.
    And if there is major violence by liberals planning "protests" on Friday, they will justify the vicious crackdown they say they are afraid would happen under Trump.

1. gregas profile image80
      gregasposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Any violent protests Friday will just prove what we have been saying all along.

2. ptosis profile image72
      ptosisposted 15 months agoin reply to this

You have the numbers on the statement that Trump created more jobs since November than Obama did in 8 years? No? I didn't think so. BTW, it seems you are looking forward to a vicious crackdown with virulent glee. Sad.

3. Ericdierker profile image54
      Ericdierkerposted 15 months agoin reply to this

In my tiny little brain I was thinking about that ptosis. It seems like there is an automatic uptick. That is some serious notion going on around outside the beltway. I check historical market with the new -- something is going on and so far???

4. ptosis profile image72
      ptosisposted 15 months agoin reply to this

I'm hoping Trump will give OT to 4 million workers vs the 1K Carrier jobs 'saved' - (not!) by the Trumpeteer. https://www.propublica.org/article/how- … ertime-pay

5. Ericdierker profile image54
      Ericdierkerposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Just heard that the IMF is considering calling this shift very positive. But we do not want to raise the dollar up right now as it makes our stuff cost too much abroad. Makes me think he may need to temper and step by step.

6. Perspycacious profile image82
      Perspycaciousposted 15 months agoin reply to this

And now we read that $2,500 is being offered for singing up as Protesters!  "Freedom of assembly" just became paid assemblies (ugh!) That smacks of those paid to be "active" protesters at the Trump rallies.  Count all the hires as jobs Trump creates?

5. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 15 months ago

Reminds me of poster hung in my office by the owner of the corporation.

“Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up, it knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're the lion or a gazelle-when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.”
    ~ Christopher McDougall

working