jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Do you support Constitutional Carry in Texas?

1. Team Wiseman profile image81
    Team Wisemanposted 15 months ago

Do you support Constitutional Carry in Texas?

Constitutional Carry

If passed, HB 375 would make Texas the 11th state to allow Constitutional Carry, meaning citizens would be allowed to openly carry firearms without permits. Do you support constitutional carry in Texas?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13366634_f260.jpg

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 15 months ago

I may as well. I live here, and it isn't likely to change. Open carry seems dumb to me, as there would be more advantage in persons not knowing whether or not another has a gun. But whatever - I already know, as should everyone in Texas, that just because any given person isn't visibly armed, it doesn't mean they aren't carrying a gun.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
      bradmasterOCcalposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Why should the criminals be the only ones with guns. I think it makes criminals think twice when they don't know whether their victims might be carrying.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image64
    Tusitala Tomposted 15 months ago

What a frightened nation of individuals!   Carry a gun because the other feller might have one.   Ban the bloody things outright!   It isn't by chance that Japan (so I'm told) had 7 deaths by gunshot in 2015 and the good 'ole USA had over 350,000.    Can't you see a correlation here?

The big question is: "Is this who I really am?"   

Let the answer to that come from your heart not your frightened ego-mind with all its conditioning about how wicked everyone else is.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
      bradmasterOCcalposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Tom
      Of the 169,395 firearm deaths in the US from 2011 to 2015 (the most recent five years of data available), 105,183 (or 62 percent) were suicides. Aren't the suicides a more pressing problem for the country?

working