jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Please tell me the anti Trump riot won't last for 4 years!

1. profile image60
    peter565posted 13 months ago

Please tell me the anti Trump riot won't last for 4 years!

There is nothing wrong about protesting, but when the protesting has become full on rioting, like the anti Trump protest that is going on, on inauguration date that is a complete different story. Please tell me these riots won't go on for 4 years and won't get any worse, otherwise, we might actually need martial law, eventually and trust me, "MARTIAL LAW SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!"

2. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 13 months ago

People do have the unmitigated right to protest Trump if they so choose.  Many are upset w/President Trump because of his sociopolitical & sociocultural stance on many key issues.  Women are upset because they believe that he is anti-choice regarding women's reproductive freedoms.  Blacks are upset because they believe that he will usher more extreme racist policies.

Liberals are upset because they believe that he will take America back socioculturally to the 1950s when there are strong demarcations among racial, ethnic, & gender lines.  Latinos are upset because they strongly contend that his policies will adversely impact upon them as do the Muslim population. People will protest against Trump as long they feel it is necessary. We may not agree w/ the protests, feeling that they are futile but it is an American right to protest.  Those who are protesting are unhappy with the election outcome.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
      bradmasterOCcalposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Where are women's rights after 8 year of Obama. If you can't establish where the line is today, how do you know what Trump is actually going to do. but we already know what Obama did in 8 years. Nothing.

3. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 13 months ago

OK!  Peter, the anti-Trump demonstrations won't last 4 years.!! Certainly not as it is currently.  "RIOTS" most assuredly can't last, because law enforcement eventually must stop it and make arrests.  The public may not continually wreak havoc & cause destruction to people & property without consequence. 
    We might like to even expect many of these emotionally-charged individuals to wake up and see that there's no need for any of this. Wouldn't that be great?

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 13 months ago

No, Trump won't allow it, and since he's been cultivating support of law enforcement, they'll back his calls to crack down on violent rioters.

5. Old-Empresario profile image83
    Old-Empresarioposted 13 months ago

His record will improve as his good policies unfold, but the fringe lunatic wing on the left (which everyone hates) will never quit so long as Trump keeps hurting their feelings with his mere words.