Look who is protesting the election results. Would the right do the same if Hill

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (46 posts)
  1. jackclee lm profile image82
    jackclee lmposted 7 years ago

Look who is protesting the election results. Would the right do the same if Hillary had won?

The answer is obviously NO. Now we see who are the real intolerant, the bigots
    and the deplorables...
    It is ironic how the left talks about inclusive except when they are doing the chosing...
    As a spectator of this election cycle, I am merely pointing out the obvious.
    Despite the massive media bias, hollywood endorsements and political elites and wall street money, and some cheating...the under dog won.
    This election would have been a landslide if all things were level or if another GOP candidate was on the ballot. Trump was the spoiler this election cycle.

2. lions44 profile image93
    lions44posted 7 years ago

Even though I was very opposed to Trump, I have found myself in the weird position of telling everyone to calm down around me.  Then defending Trump during these protests. 

I don't like the guy. I think he's a phony, but the idea that we're going have concentration camps and mass deportations is ridiculous. He's not doing that. All of that stuff was for the campaign.   When I heard some of the interviews with the protesters, I knew right away that these were "professionals."  They appeared to have ready made statements for the assembled press.  Folks like that would have found a reason to riot against HRC as well.  Just the nature of life today.  Bernie holdouts.

Granted, Trump is to blame with his rhetoric but maybe they could have waited a week or so?   The CA Legislature just issued proclamations, etc.  The adult thing to do is ask for a meeting and plead your case.  I hope logic prevails.

jackclee lmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. I thought both candidates were deeply flawed. The silver lining of this election cycle is that it exposed the corrupt media, the hollywood hypocrites, the political insiders, the wall street money and all...that made this circus.

2. Misfit Chick profile image74
      Misfit Chickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Jack, those things were 'exposed' before the election; and the protests have EVERYTHING to do with 'libs' being VERY ANGRY with their own party screwing up; and so many liberals taking the side of such a fear-mongering bully. Its about libs v libs.

3. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 7 years ago

Many people on the right were extremely upset when Barrack Obama became president.  They did not protest.  They respected the system and worked to get their candidates elected.  That is how it should work.  I find it interesting that individuals who were horrified when Trump said he may not accept the results of the election, are not accepting the results of the election and rioting.  What a bunch of hypocrites!

1. gregas profile image82
      gregasposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Mike, I was thinking exactly the same thing this morning.

2. profile image0
      RTalloniposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You speak of business as usual for their part.

3. Misfit Chick profile image74

Well then, allow me to explain it: we 'liberals' didn't expect so many of our own ilk to side with Trump (who ramped up his hateful base by claiming rigged elections when that was OBVIOUSLY not the case). We didn't expect 'our own' to be so hateful.

4. The Old Guard profile image60
      The Old Guardposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Catherine,
      hillary killary's got no one to blame but herself.
      She didn't have to delete emails AFTER the FBI told her not to.
      She didn't have to try and rig the demoncrap  primaries
      She didn't have to steal the questions before the debates.

5. Misfit Chick profile image74

No, we have people like you who actually believed Hillary was a real demon BEFORE this election; and like I just said, many other racist, hateful folks jumped on board with you thinking religious right peeps like you were NORMAL enough, LoL!

4. KatyWhoWaited profile image83
    KatyWhoWaitedposted 7 years ago

I've voted since 1968.  The following Presidents won since that time: Nixon, Ford (didn't run) Carter, Reagan, Herbert Walker Bush, Clinton, George W. Bush, Obama  5 Republicans.  3 Democrats (if you want to discount Ford and count Obama 2 times we're at 4 and 4.  Not ONCE did I EVER feel like protesting any other Republican in my lifetime and I wouldn't protest now because there is simply nothing that can be done.  To my recollection there was NEVER a protest in the streets like this for any Republican elected. It's the person who was elected the people are rejecting - not the people who elected him - that is causing this reaction. Always, always, always we need to protest anyone who is proposing injustice and bigotry. I doubt whether Trump himself will follow what he has said in his campaign.  His proposals a preposterous. As one analyst said, it was quite cruel of him to suggest that he can get miner's jobs back for them, etc.  Those jobs are gone.  We have to retrain and look to new jobs.   
    As for the protests, I'm just glad there are thousands and thousands of people who see through his con man artistry. However, I'm hopeful that Trump is just sane ENOUGH, just insecure ENOUGH to have a seedling of humility,just borderline intelligent ENOUGH to follow a learning curve and end up not not destroying the whole great experiment.
    He is the elected President.  We have to accept it. But you have to let people grieve and grieving is what this feels like.  We can peacefully protest, we have that right.  However, all this angst will hopefully evolve into the only reasonable action there is to take:  to work within the system to convince hopefully a reasonable legislature to act with intelligence and conscience no matter who is President.

I hear you but here is the truth. If the Democrats had put up a better candidates, we would not be having this conversation. The faults and blame are many. It demonstrate to me how broken our system is when we ended up with these two flawed choices.

2. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Katy...Do you believe Hillary has a "seedling of humility?" I do not. Some are grieving. You are likely one of them, however melodramatic that seems.
      Most others merely show up to the riot party because they were promised some money & an iPhone.

3. Misfit Chick profile image74

What about GOP's bad options? TRUMP won. Many of us R staying in the fight 4 so many different reasons. I think Trump voters should form a new Libpublican Party with the color purple, LoL! I have not been able to relate to chicks like Savvy.

4. Ken Burgess profile image75
      Ken Burgessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

There were protests against Nixon (there were ALWAYS protests back then) huge protests.  Don't recall many against Reagan.  There were protests against Bush Jr. they marched against him and egged his limo when he was sworn in... nothing new here.

5. The Old Guard profile image60

Yup, liberals are so "righteous" they destroy. Cool stuff. Just  like the wars they've started in thee last 8 years. Cool - Death and mayhem, right up the demoncraps alley. Telling us to keep calm when they thought hillary killary would win HAHAHA

5. tamarawilhite profile image87
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

Conservatives didn't riot either time Obama won.
    The liberal totalitarians are essentially claiming a right to riot any time they don't like something and are using the threat of violence to try to sway decisions by the elites. That is fascism or terrorism, depending on whether the government backs it - and Democrats back it.

1. gregas profile image82
      gregasposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Our 'wonderful' current president should be doing something about this. But, no, he's sticking his head in a hole again until someone else does something. Then he will pop up and take credit for solving the problem.

2. tamarawilhite profile image87
      tamarawilhiteposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Meaning Obama tacitly endorses this violence as well as the violence at various Trump events and colleges the DNC organized and often paid people to engage in, per Wikileaks and Project Veritas revelations.

3. profile image0
      RTalloniposted 7 years agoin reply to this

By not speaking up against it they have already backed the violence.  How bad will the president let things get before proffering honest opposition is a question people should be asking everyday all day.

4. Misfit Chick profile image74

Obama & Hillary have been pretty gracious in the transition & the reason Y conservatives didn't riot is because despite disappointment, he was obviously qualified. There would be NO PROTESTING NOW IF the GOP had chosen inclusion instead of ha

6. Misfit Chick profile image74
    Misfit Chickposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13274218_f260.jpg

The election of Trump sucks, but it is only his fault in that he was able to tap into the dissent that already existed among us. I really think he was as surprised as anyone else. In my mind, there are two kinds of people who are the most to blame:

Disclaimer: I am well-aware that there are MANY people who actually CARED about their vote and put thought into it before voting for Trump. It is these 'majority' (below) that are the reason for him being in that office that I am irritated with...

1) Your basic racist, misogynistic, irresponsible, liberal & conservative uneducated MALE (and some female) troublemakers. It is their split PEERS who are protesting in the blue cities right now. Who are Portland protestors fighting? Don't even start to cry about this, and DON'T blame Veterans (come on!)... numbers of 'uneducated white men' were way off compared to women and other races voting for Trump; and they had as MUCH reason as anyone to be angry with him. And yet, many women and people of other races managed to find it within their hearts to vote for him. As a woman, THAT little tidbits hurts far more than Hillary losing.

2) Bernie supporters - also among the people who are protesting, now. Many voted for Trump. Many others are simply really mad at the Dems for screwing up and making them waste their vote on Hillary (who didn't win because of their complacency); and trying to manipulate things the way they did during the nominee election phase.

The sad thing is, the GOP tried to do the same thing with Trump, and failed. That didn't get reported on nearly as much, though. Trump's supporters pretty much chalked up every negative thing that was said about him as the media bullying him.

Our deep divisions are mostly religious ones - whether we want to admit it, or not. The GOP has this one chance because the Dems screwed up - not because Trump was a great choice. Watch him.

The upshot is, Trump IS capable of leading & thinking outside of the box. The downshot, he has yet to demonstrate that he can do that without his ego getting in the way. He really does act like your basic schoolyard bully; and that is what he inspires in his rabid supporters: hate, division, racism, misogyny. Guess what? Most of us are not listening to his 'we need to come together and unite' speeches. Trump will need to literally pull a political rabbit out of his hat before that will happen. I've already heard a news pundit suggest that another war would do that for him. WOOT!

I am a conservative and didn't vote for either Trump or Hillary. What does that make me? Your general sweeping stereo typing shows you have little understanding of the real dynamics. The real reason Hillary lost is that she was a poor candidate.

Thanks for voting with a higher standard. Hillary wasn't a 'more poor' candidate. Trump won the nominee by inciting GOP hate, racism & misogyny - then every other jerk in America jumped on board. As a former GOP, I understand righteous anger.

3. Ken Burgess profile image75
      Ken Burgessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Jack the real reason she lost is she ignored the 'working class' people (as did Obama for 8 years) in the states of PA, WI, etc.  that normally have gone blue.  The media (and people here) blaming white men will only further distance them from the D

4. Misfit Chick profile image74

You just keep telling yourself that, Ken. I would imagine it is pretty hard to be put into the same camp as your basic, America jerk - a LOT of liberals who voted for Trump R feeling VERY uncomfortable now; and conservatives R always self-righteous

5. The Old Guard profile image60

The  liberal left, or demoncraps, are just showing us how bigoted they are.
      Nasty names for those who voted their conscious. It's normal - if you don't believe the liberals, then your a bigot and a racist. Only deplorable people liked Trump. HAHAHA

6. Misfit Chick profile image74

That's is the problem: you voted your conscious and your conscious is obviously something to be concerned about: demoncraps (I know you mean that in the literal way). The 'majority' bigotry of Trump voters has been explained & proven. Get used to

7. batang helmet profile image61
    batang helmetposted 7 years ago

maybe yes...maybe not..it depends on the scenario...I'm a Filipino and seeing these things makes me feel holy crap of my dream going to USA.

1. Misfit Chick profile image74

Its okay, give us four more years and we'll see what we can do to get things back on track. smile

8. Oztinato profile image77
    Oztinatoposted 7 years ago

Are you Serious? Unless you have the memory of a goldfish try to recall last week when Donald was encouraging people to take up arms if he lost and the right was gearing up for serious violence and mayhem. Remember? The election was rigged according to Donald? No? All forgotten now?

Election was not rigged but it was conducted with huge bias as I explained from the outset. However, regardless what Trump called for, I just don't think the right would react the same way. That's the main difference between the left and the right.

You & I have talked about this before, Jack. We have people in HP that I can name (who are NOT alone in their thinking); who were going to 'insist' on civil war if Hillary won. These protests are no-doubt the lesser of 2 evils. Thank God 4 wisdom

3. Oztinato profile image77
      Oztinatoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Cath
      They have goldfish memories. If Donald lost he'd be snorting coke and starting civil war. As it stands now he's come off the coke until the going gets tough.

9. Ken Burgess profile image75
    Ken Burgessposted 7 years ago

What these protests are doing now is proving those who voted for Trump in part because of the protests, the violence during the election against Trump, correct.
    They run around saying "not my president" while waiving Mexican flags...this only fuels the beliefs of Americans who feel they 'aren't our citizens' and should never have been allowed to vote, never been allowed to stay in the country (CA allowed illegal aliens to vote, in NV people wearing never Trump T-shirts were running the polls throughout that state).
    The American people... the citizens of this country, spoke. 
    Burn down your sanctuary cities... destroy your neighbors businesses and vehicles... you are proving every Trump voter who believes the worst just how right they were.  This will never lessen the support people have for Trump, it will only garner him more support.

10. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

Conservatives protested a few times in my city after the 1960 elections. But, Winter - Spring 1969 in my city, liberals protested more visibly about the 1968 election. Riots ensued in April that resulted in a city-wide curfew from 9pm - 6am in Columbus OH for three days.

A few loud demonstrations happened here during the Carter Administration, but were short lived. But, from 1981 - 1989 (Reagan), my city had major demonstrations at three of the busiest intersections EVERY weekend, conservatives on one side of the street, liberals on the other.

Nothing under HW Bush. Conservative vs. liberal protests on the three street corners began again under Clinton from 1993 - 2001, with the Michigan-OSU football game used as a cover for both sides to throw bricks through car windows.

Bush43 - Some protests on the three notorious street corners, but fewer than before. Obama Years - very few protests here, except OSU campus student organizations for Arab/Muslim nations when Romney was running for President.

November 2016 - Protests of abo9ut 2,000 people downtown at the Capitol here on Nov. 9, 10, 11, 12 so far, but no violence.

We have had loud protestors on both sides, really.

1. profile image0

I live in a Blue state. We have had violence and destruction of property.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That's sad to hear, savvydating.

3. jackclee lm profile image82

It is perfectly fine to protest peacefully as long as you don't destroy property or cause riots... Yes we have the 1st Amendment rights to free speech and assembly. I hope everyone including our President agree to this and speak out against rioters.

4. profile image0

About 100 arrests so far, Patty.
      Yes, Jack. We have the right to protest (peacefully assemble). But the rioting is a bummer. It costs quite a lot to repair the mess. Meanwhile, store owners lose business, as you well know.

11. joyce kariuki profile image48
    joyce kariukiposted 7 years ago

Americans are confusing the rest of the world.Trump won the elections period. We have not heard that there was rigging or any mal-practice. He won fair and square. When we see the demonstrations on TV we can't  believe it's America. We're used to other countries doing it but when USA which is the epitome of democracy (an example to other countries) goes on a violent streak of demostrations after a free and fair election then we are left to  question the whole concept of "the people's choice"
    It does not matter how many times you shout 'not my president' because he is the president of your country unless you decide to move and revoke your Amerrican citizenship.
    The demostrators should stop making their country the laughing stock of the world,accept the results, accept your president and move on!

1. Oztinato profile image77
      Oztinatoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Donald said it was rigged but now suddenly it's not rigged.
      FBI agent James Commie was in charge of trump pr and also electoral computers. Maybe Donald was right and it was rigged in his favour.

2. My Esoteric profile image86
      My Esotericposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Give me a break, all countries demonstrate, that doesn't = violence.  And Trump supporters, they promised to do just that, in spades.  The embarrassment is that u elected a vile person in the 1st place (even though he lost by 600,000+ votes).

12. My Esoteric profile image86
    My Esotericposted 7 years ago

You better believe they and they would bring their guns.

13. Barbara Kay profile image74
    Barbara Kayposted 7 years ago

I think they would have. The reason I say that is because the Republicans I know are still carrying on about Obama being a terrorist etc.

14. profile image0
    johnmariowposted 7 years ago

The protesters are calling on Trump to denounce the attacks on Muslim women and the bullying of immigrant children.  Trump wants to "register" all Muslim citizens. This is a blatant violation of the first amendment  of the US Constitution.

Trump must uphold and  defend the freedom of religion, freedom of speech and freedom of the press detailed in the first amendment. 

People of all religions have the Constitutional right to worship as they please without harassment or persecution or violence.  Targeting people of any religion is unconstitutional. 

If any citizen suspects anyone of criminal activity including planning a terrorist attack, it is that citizens duty to report the alleged culprit to the FBI or other law enforcement official.

Violating the first amendment is an impeachable offense.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)