jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What ABSURD HYPERBOLES have you heard about the present & future United States?

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 14 months ago

What ABSURD HYPERBOLES have you heard about the present & future United States?

To me, the most absurd hyperbole is about the FEMA camps & how in the future, such camps will have a HUGE population.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13407385_f260.jpg

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
    bradmasterOCcalposted 14 months ago

I don't have an answer on this question. I do think that the word "Hyperbole" meaning exaggerated comes from "Hyper" which is over. And "bole" which is Tree Trunk. It is the tree trunk that makes me wonder how the concatenation of these two was derived.

In an attempt to answer the question, I would say that all the protests, riots, calls for impeachment, and people "thinking", the Trump is doing the wrong thing. And that is apparently everything he is doing. Can fit your quest for the hyperbole.

They are exaggerated, opinions,without any evidence, and extrapolations of few facts. They are social engineering. Like the old lawyer joke, "Do you still beat your wife?"

NO answer to that question will clarify the truth. These biased assertions are run up the flagpole until they don't fly anymore, and then they are replaced with another and maybe even more desperate one.

BTW, there can't be more than a 100 people looking at these questions. And as I like to call my questions, there are merely messages in a bottle, thrown from a deserted island, into an ocean that is sparsely occupied.

We are more apt to get a ticket for littering, than a serious reply to the message. smile

3. pagesvoice profile image84
    pagesvoiceposted 14 months ago

This is a great question. You may not want to read my answer though.
    1. Building a wall will keep out bad hombres.
    2. The U.S. is a Christian nation.
    3. Muslims are terrorists.
    4. Implementing a voucher system will create a better education system.
    5. Tax breaks for the rich creates wealth for all and stimulates job growth.
    6. Getting rid of the EPA is good for the environment.
    7. More nuclear weapons makes us safer.
    8. Social Security is an entitlement program.
    9. Socialized medicine doesn't work.
    10. All people on welfare are lazy.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
      bradmasterOCcalposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Are these all absurd, because that was the question. If it is, you got some splaining to do. smile

2. pagesvoice profile image84
      pagesvoiceposted 14 months agoin reply to this

I answered the question as it was asked. Last I checked, this wasn't your question that I answered.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
      bradmasterOCcalposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Dennis, so what is the answer to my COMMENT on your COMMENT.

4. pagesvoice profile image84
      pagesvoiceposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Yes, Brad...all ten things I listed are senseless exaggerations. Real facts and scientific data are not alternative facts.

working