jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

If you could have a retreat with only 12 individuals (past/present/future), who

1. EyesStraightAhead profile image84
    EyesStraightAheadposted 5 years ago

If you could have a retreat with only 12 individuals (past/present/future), who would they be?

I hope to see many hubs to read and not just answers provided here, but I am interested in the various responses that will come to this question. They can be ANY 12 people, including those who have died, those who are living, and those who are yet to be.

2. prettynutjob30 profile image91
    prettynutjob30posted 5 years ago

The first one would have to be my grandmother who passed away a couple of years ago she was such a cool person.The second would have to be the beautiful Bettie Page so awesome.The rest of the guest list would be Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Frank Sinatra, Bettie Davis, Grace Kelly, Elizabeth Taylor, Dixie Carter, Red Fox, Elvis and James Dean.Now that would be one awesome retreat so many different people with very different personalities.

EyesStraightAheadposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing! This is a great set of individuals. It would be a very artistic and creative retreat. I imagine there would be much laughter and joy!

3. EyesStraightAhead profile image84
    EyesStraightAheadposted 5 years ago

I hope it is okay to answer my own question - I will write a hub about it someday.
    My 12 are:
    *Jesus      *Gandhi     *Dr. Martin Luther King     *The Dalai Lama     *Confucius     *Muhammad     *Bill Gates     *Maya Angelou     *My great-great-great granddaughter     *My great-great-great-great grandfather on my mother's side    *My great-great-great-great grandfather on my father's side     *My oldest daughter

1. msorensson profile image71
      msorenssonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Of course it is fine..It is lovely..

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

My husband, two daughters, two sons-in-law, his parents, his brother and two grandchildren, (we're all close )and the aunt and uncle who raised me.  I want to live in the present so I think I will stick with people currently breathing and functional.

I like your comment about living in the present. It is always interesting the varied perspectives we all have. Because I want to get the most out of the present, I would choose individuals from across the spans of time. smile

5. mcleodgi profile image61
    mcleodgiposted 5 years ago

1) My boyfriend, first and foremost.
    2) My best gal pal with ADHD
    3) This very inspiring, intellectually gifted guy I briefly met while in college who was in high school at the time (his mother was in an organization with me). He's  out of high school now.
    4) My calico cat, Sammi. I still miss her but feel her presence from time to time.
    5) My father-though with him, it'd probably depend on what the retreat was about.
    6) Jesus. I've always been curious to know what he actually said.
    7) Ganesha. I guess just because I'm constantly facing a lot of obstacles (most of them internal) right now.
    8) Quan Yin. She has a lot to teach about being compassionate.
    9) Parmahansa Yoganada. Since Yoga is my favorite way to exercise and the guy also practically founded Religous Science (or Relig Sci as I personally like to call it)
    10) Christofer Drew of NeverShoutNever. I really admire the way he pulled himself up by his own bootstraps and is an advocate for higher education despite having dropped out of school.
    11) Charles Fillmore, the co-founder of Unity.
    12) Myrtle Fillmore, Charles' first wife and also the co-founder of Unity.

6. thegecko profile image78
    thegeckoposted 5 years ago

Dude! Only one answer to this question... Barney Stinson X 12! He's AWESOME! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzCyD5n3ct8

7. epigramman profile image68
    epigrammanposted 5 years ago

jesus christ
    a harp player
    a flute player
    Fred Astaire
    Gene Kelly
    Sannel's mum
    Antonio Carlos Jobim
    Mother Teresa
    my mum
    lake erie time ontario canada 2:15am with full moon over the lake and an empty wine glass

8. That Grrl profile image68
    That Grrlposted 5 years ago

That sounds more like a stampede than a retreat. I'd go alone and stay as long as I could.

Some would enjoy being around others while some would not. This is what makes us all so wonderful - we have different opinions! I would absolutely enjoy time on my own after the retreat I would enjoy! smile

9. DDE profile image26
    DDEposted 5 years ago

I would be with my family the most important people in my life

10. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Probably choose my kindergarden friend, Anna. Grade school friend, Olivia. My middle school friend, Anna. My old next door neighbor, Shelby. Those are the only four friends that have made a difference. However, I would also choose my grandmother, Barbara; my sister, Brianna; my partner, David. That is kind of it. Seven people.