If you could have a retreat with only 12 individuals (past/present/future), who would they be?
I hope to see many hubs to read and not just answers provided here, but I am interested in the various responses that will come to this question. They can be ANY 12 people, including those who have died, those who are living, and those who are yet to be.
The first one would have to be my grandmother who passed away a couple of years ago she was such a cool person.The second would have to be the beautiful Bettie Page so awesome.The rest of the guest list would be Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Frank Sinatra, Bettie Davis, Grace Kelly, Elizabeth Taylor, Dixie Carter, Red Fox, Elvis and James Dean.Now that would be one awesome retreat so many different people with very different personalities.
I hope it is okay to answer my own question - I will write a hub about it someday.
My 12 are:
*Jesus *Gandhi *Dr. Martin Luther King *The Dalai Lama *Confucius *Muhammad *Bill Gates *Maya Angelou *My great-great-great granddaughter *My great-great-great-great grandfather on my mother's side *My great-great-great-great grandfather on my father's side *My oldest daughter
My husband, two daughters, two sons-in-law, his parents, his brother and two grandchildren, (we're all close )and the aunt and uncle who raised me. I want to live in the present so I think I will stick with people currently breathing and functional.
1) My boyfriend, first and foremost.
2) My best gal pal with ADHD
3) This very inspiring, intellectually gifted guy I briefly met while in college who was in high school at the time (his mother was in an organization with me). He's out of high school now.
4) My calico cat, Sammi. I still miss her but feel her presence from time to time.
5) My father-though with him, it'd probably depend on what the retreat was about.
6) Jesus. I've always been curious to know what he actually said.
7) Ganesha. I guess just because I'm constantly facing a lot of obstacles (most of them internal) right now.
8) Quan Yin. She has a lot to teach about being compassionate.
9) Parmahansa Yoganada. Since Yoga is my favorite way to exercise and the guy also practically founded Religous Science (or Relig Sci as I personally like to call it)
10) Christofer Drew of NeverShoutNever. I really admire the way he pulled himself up by his own bootstraps and is an advocate for higher education despite having dropped out of school.
11) Charles Fillmore, the co-founder of Unity.
12) Myrtle Fillmore, Charles' first wife and also the co-founder of Unity.
Dude! Only one answer to this question... Barney Stinson X 12! He's AWESOME! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzCyD5n3ct8
a harp player
a flute player
Antonio Carlos Jobim
lake erie time ontario canada 2:15am with full moon over the lake and an empty wine glass
That sounds more like a stampede than a retreat. I'd go alone and stay as long as I could.
Probably choose my kindergarden friend, Anna. Grade school friend, Olivia. My middle school friend, Anna. My old next door neighbor, Shelby. Those are the only four friends that have made a difference. However, I would also choose my grandmother, Barbara; my sister, Brianna; my partner, David. That is kind of it. Seven people.
by Helen7 years ago
If you were given an opportunity to glimpse into your future, would you take it?
by Grace Marguerite Williams12 months ago
What ABSURD HYPERBOLES have you heard about the present & future United States?To me, the most absurd hyperbole is about the FEMA camps & how in the future, such camps will have a HUGE population.
by Kristen Mazzola4 years ago
If you could live in any other time, past, present, future, what would it be and why?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.