This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (42 posts)

Is a special independent prosecutor needed to clear up claims of Russian ties to

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 15 months ago

Is a special independent prosecutor needed to clear up claims of Russian ties to Trumps aides?

And to also put any claims to rest of Trump's alleging Oba tapped his phones. What would like to happen and please give a reason for your opinion. Please do not say Hillary or someone else dunnit too as an answer.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image33
    bradmasterOCcalposted 15 months ago

Neither the Russian ties to Trump, or the Wiretapping of Trump have any evidence. So, if you believe there are Russian Ties to Trump, then you also have to believe Trump's claim of wiretapping.

Either investigate both of them, or neither of them.
    It is also like , Jill Stein, we had to investigate the voting even though she just claimed their was a problem. In her case, it turned out the voting was OK.

There is also no evidence that Jeff Sessions did anything wrong.
    There have been leaks in the Trump WH, so it is possible that his staff his being tapped.

You have to put all of these in the same light, because there is no proof at all on any of this.

But, anything that Trump will do about anything will be run up the liberal flag as a major catastrophe. So far, it has only been the liberals crying wolf.

It is interesting that when the liberals make statements about Trump without any proof at all, they demand an investigation. When Trump calls for an investigation wiretapping, the liberals and the media make all sorts of accusations.
    When in fact, they both should be treated the same.

Randy Godwinposted 15 months agoin reply to this

I cannot decide if your answer was a yes or no, Brad. If there is no evidence of wrongdoing then an independent prosecutor will give all of us some peace of mind. Yes?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image33
      bradmasterOCcalposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Randy
      It is an answer to your question. Why are you deflecting from it. There is no evidence, no proof, and not even any substance to the accusation. This is a liberal witch hunt, someone makes up a story, what are you going to prosecute?

3. Randy Godwin profile image93

So our intelligence services are all liars and Trump is the only one telling the truth? Flynn and Sessions seem to have memory problems and the other aides were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time? I've got some cheap swampland ......

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image33

Flynn was spied upon, and that should have been investigated. If it wasn't the US intelligence, then ? Does the US intelligence have a good track record. NO. 911, and 2004, Benghazi, ISIL etc. Does this give them credibility? NO!

5. Randy Godwin profile image93

Brad, you never answered my questions as to whether you were fine with Flynn acting as a foreign agent, while at the same time, he was acting as NIA. What say you now?

6. bradmasterOCcal profile image33

Randy, the FBI investigation Cleared him of any wrong doing. I feel that it was another red herring thrown by the sore loser left. And it gives credence to Trump's comment on Obama and spying.

7. Randy Godwin profile image93

I assume your answer is "Yes, I'm fine with a foreign agent being NSA and also him colluding with the Russians. "  And I didn't realize all of the investigations were over yet. Are they?

3. Ken Burgess profile image90
    Ken Burgessposted 15 months ago

There are so many variables to this right now...

The Congressional Democrats are playing up this 'Russian Scare' card for all it is worth, even though no evidence has been presented.

So what first must be done... is to determine how extensively various intelligence agencies dug into his computers, his conversations, and if there is nothing there that is substantial and significant, drop all this BS.

I don't think the Democrats are at all interested in having it resolved, their goal is to fear monger, to grid lock Washington, to keep making Trump look as bad as they can.

This is completely partisan politics... extreme, even radical... they seem willing to risk everything but their own positions in D.C. to do Trump in.

If... IF... there was REAL evidence that Trump was involved with the Russians, I have a VERY hard time believing they wouldn't have already destroyed him with it. Before the elections if possible, or definitely before he hit the 30 day mark.

That really is the most Common Sense truth to the matter... if they had the goods on him... instead of the NY Times reporting on Jan 20th that the Intelligence investigations found nothing, and the report was being sent to the White House... they would have destroyed him with it.

Unless of course, they went in their and planted something in his records at the last minute... possible, if anyone can do it, our own NSA surely could... not sure our government is that far gone yet or not... time will tell I guess.

So what I think, is some Senate Committee or the AG or Assistant AG needs to round up the Intelligence services, get them to brief them on what they got... and be done with it.

Special Independent Prosecutor... only if they are also going to investigate Pelosi and Waters and Schumer as well, especially Schumer, since he is on such good terms with Putin.  Trump only became a government official 40 some odd days ago, he has NO history that could be considered collusion with the Russians... Schumer, Podesta, the Clintons, so many others certainly COULD tho.

Hey Ken, So unless they put Pelosi, Waters, and Shumer in the investigation you aren't in favor of a Special Investigator, is that correct? So you don't really care if Trump or his aides really colluded with the Russians or if they were not? Okay...

2. Ken Burgess profile image90
      Ken Burgessposted 15 months agoin reply to this

There is no proof Randy, Clapper said so, Comey said so... round up the Intelligence heads, make sure this is accurate... case closed.
      Then I WOULD have an IP go after Podesta, Clintons, and Schumer combined they have received BILLIONS from Russia.

3. Randy Godwin profile image93

So why are you so afraid of a SP taking a look at Trump's supposed Russian contact's, Ken? I'm for getting everything out in the open as we all should. What's the problem?

4. Ken Burgess profile image90

Simple Randy... if the NSA & FBI found nothing, then there is nothing, so a SP at that point is both idiotic and political.

5. Ericdierker profile image52
      Ericdierkerposted 15 months agoin reply to this

That is Hillarious about the CF getting so much from Russia after Uranium deal. In light of questions like this it is just a riot. Randy you are a dupe. I like you and respect you but to discount the Clintons and point fingers at the Trumps, funny

6. Randy Godwin profile image93

I'm not aware all of the evidence has been looked, Ken. The investigations have only begun.  And Eric, do you have nothing else but "well Hillary did it!" Try explaining why Trump's aides had to talk to the Russians so much. Mak sumpin up f u hv 2!

7. Ericdierker profile image52

Well your case just went to hell in a handbasket. Really? Double standards are not relevant here? Trump is clean Hillary and Bill are pay for play. Show us one bit of evidence of wrongdoing other than associating with Illegal immigrants. Any?

8. Ken Burgess profile image90

Randy, its simple, the Gang of 8 calls in the Intelligence directors and they say... OK... what do you have on this. Simple.  They already have done an extensive investigation, NSA & FBI.  Anything else is just theatre and partisan politics.

9. Randy Godwin profile image93

Once again, Eric and Ken, where do you get your inside information from? Have you examined the evidence provided by the intelligence services?  One investigation starts March 20th. Others to come. smile

10. Ken Burgess profile image90

By March 20th, so much will have shaken out IE- the Vault 7 WikiLeaks dump today, that it will have already been escalated and that issue resolved while others (against Obama and others) are created in its place. CNN & MSNBC cannot cover this up.

11. Randy Godwin profile image93

Opinions are like buttholes, Ken. Everyone has one....LOL!

12. Ericdierker profile image52

I will give you some inside scoop. (And be sure I love the Ken/Randy banter) From my daughter. No one cares about this crap. It floats from the bottom up like a turd of dubious nature.  The folk on the hill are just doing their job. Not derailed.

13. Randy Godwin profile image93

Well gee whiz Eric, why didn't you say it was your daughter you were depending on for your wisdom. If she sed it....... well never mind, I can't compete with such a team.  tongue

14. Ericdierker profile image52

Well yes that is the case.

4. Shyron E Shenko profile image81
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 15 months ago

Yes! And that includes trump himself. Most people know that trump does have lots of ties to Russia. 
    Anyone with half a brain knows that Obama could not, would not tap trumps phones and they know that he (trump) is putting it out there as a smoke screen to get everyone off his trail to Putin.
    The sooner we get to the bottom of the Russian links and ties the, the better, and anyone in the House and Senate needs to be ousted.
    Is it possible to have a Presidential recall and we also need to recall the Electoral College.
    Thank you for asking this question.

Thank you for answering so clearly, Shyron. I seem to get a lot of non-answers from some folks instead. I don't see any other way to clear this mess up than appointing a Special Investigator to get to the bottom of this mess.

2. Ericdierker profile image52

At least you guys practice safe group think. McCarthyism in the new century. I guess we do not always learn from our past. "He should be jailed if he had associations with the new USSR!

3. Ken Burgess profile image90

You are wrong in the 1st sentence... Podesta & Clinton had far closer ties to Russia than anyone Trump knows... well over 1.5 BILLION rubles worth of ties.  Wrong about #2 as well, thru the NSA Obama could spy on anyone... WHOLE brains know this.

4. Au fait profile image92
      Au faitposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Shyron, time is the most valuable thing any of us has.  Use it wisely because you can't get it back. 
      Remember what I said about the dog . . .

Ken, how do you know so much about what Trump knows?  Are you privy to something no one else has been able to find out? Inquiring minds want to know.....

6. Ken Burgess profile image90

Randy you can stay secluded in your safe zone created by the likes of lying CNN & MSNBC but right now WikiLeaks, Fox News, and other independent sources are blowing thru this, there will be no SP looking into Trump or his aids, but rather Obama &

Once again Ken, do you have inside sources or are you simply espousing your opinion as usual?

8. Shyron E Shenko profile image81
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Au fait, I have the dog, and Chipper does reason, he has learned how to unwind his leash.  He also told me he wanted to go to bed and I opened the door to his crate and he went to bed.

5. jo miller profile image94
    jo millerposted 15 months ago

Sometimes when he's watching sports on tv my husband likes to yell at the referees.  I have to remind him they can't hear him. 

Recently I,ve taken to yelling at my tv about the Russian issue.  I think it (and Trump's financial dealings with the Russians and other scum bags) are critically important.  It is destabilizing our country internationally.  I've had my doubts about the congressional investigations getting this done fairly since Nunes in the House and Burr in the Senate were both active in Trump's campaign.  However, I listened to Adam Schiff (ranking D. on House committee) last night, and I feel much better about the prospects. Right now I'm for letting this play out.  March 20th.  I'll be watching.

BTW, Schiff says the committee should be able to put Trump's allegations about President Obama to rest the first day.

Never has a US President caused such scandals before, Jo. Especially charging an ex-POTUS with criminal acts for which Trump could simply find out with a phone call. I'll be watching also!

2. Ken Burgess profile image90

Where is the proof of the Trump financial dealings with the Russians?

There is proof Podesta had financial dealings with Putin.

There is proof Clinton had financial dealings with Putin.

Seen nothing yet on Trump.

3. jo miller profile image94
      jo millerposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Just for starters: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl … 97949746/.  There are many others, but since he has not released tax returns or financial statements there are probably many more.

4. Ericdierker profile image52

Drive by stuff, no substance. "The crime is immediately proportionate to the allegation". So far from our system of justice. Do you all believe guilty until proven innocent? Apply it to HRC and BHO. This crazed guilty guilty guilty in the street is..

So who was saying "lock her up, lock her up. eh Eric? Was she guilty until proven innocent? " Drive by stuff" you term it? Trump wrote a check his a$$ cannot cash with his brilliant Sat. am tweets accusing Obama of tapping his phones. What a nut!!

6. jo miller profile image94
      jo millerposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Well that didn't go too well.  Today's the 22nd.  It lasted two days.  I think we're heading for an independent investigation now.  #45 is looking more Nixon-like all the time.

With Nunes running to the Pres with info about Trump's aides being monitored, it is now time for an independent investigator to be appointed to handle the case. Everyone should be okay with that.

6. Genna East profile image89
    Genna Eastposted 15 months ago

I agree with Shyron.  Trump recently provided his own proof that his statements were totally false.  The WH is now backpedaling on Trump's original tweets  he made while in Florida, without anyone nearby to provide the usual muzzle and leash.  We knew it was only a matter of time.  Spicer said. "The President used the word wiretaps in quotes to mean, broadly, surveillance and other activities."  As if we couldn't possible conceive that "wire-tapping phones" means exactly that.  Trump wanted to Tweet some ludicrous, malicious claim about Obama ("this bad, sick guy") wiretapping his phones to divert attention from the Flynn/Sessions mess.  Trump is as predictable as he is untrustworthy. 

It certainly seems logical that members of Trump campaign might have been caught in the backdoor; rather, the Russians were under surveillance  Ergo, if Flynn contact them by phone, he might have been caught up in that net.  That's a pretty far cry from his campaign being placed under surveillance.  They were in the wrong place at the wrong time.  The more important question is why were they?

working