jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you feel about Michael Brown (Ferguson) now that info about drug dealing

1. RJ Schwartz profile image93
    RJ Schwartzposted 12 months ago

How do you feel about Michael Brown (Ferguson) now that info about drug dealing has surfaced?

Never-before-seen Michael Brown footage sheds new light on case and suggests he did NOT rob the store before being shot dead by Ferguson police but was involved in a drug deal with the clerks - check out the Daily Mail for more info

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 12 months ago

Ralph, I feel the same. It is not up to the public to make any decisions on the case. And certainly not to make this a 1965 black civil unrest.

This case was used to ignite the modern version of that unrest. In the meantime, fifty years passes by and it seems like we went back to the future.

Change the ending of this encounter, only the players were reversed. Now it is not "Racist" because the deceased would be a "White" "Cop".

In the case, there was no evidence of racism. The case should have been investigated by the evidence. And if the police department didn't find favorably for the deceased family. Then like the OJ Simpson case, the civil action was different than the criminal law action.

Civil action for wrongful death. My point is that if you have to artificially insert racism into the case, then the matter become hinged on subjectivity. It becomes the old adage of when you are a hammer then everything looks like a nail.

Racism shouldn't be a factor in determining the results of an investigation, but it might be involved in determining damages, or criminal sentencing.

Racism only puts an emotional non factual thumb on the scale of justice.
    Now that police are ambushed and shot and killed by these same types of people that want to vindicate their feeling of being the target of police racism is not going to make the police more tolerant.

Cases should be reviewed judge on an individual basis and not in the cumulative. The latter is the last straw mentality. Make the police pay for all the others, and that means making all the others the same as the one that created the latest protests and rioting.

We have not yet reached a class action for criminal matters.

That doesn't mean that police don't need better and more frequent training. Nor does it mean that blacks can use the race card, when confronted by the police. Even white men have seen the rude side of police. But no one cares because it is not racism, it is just a reflection of the lack of proper training for the police.

In the case, the 6 shots fired by the officer, shows more fear and lack of training than it does racism. When a person is firing a weapon that is not going to attack him, they can use all of their fine motor skills, and not have adrenaline pumping. When a person is in fear, the fine motor skills are useless, unless the person has trained under fire. Many people under fear would pull the trigger until the bullets run out.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image63
    Ralph Deedsposted 12 months ago

The alleged drug deal had nothing to do with his being shot by the police  on the street. Leave the killing of alleged drug dealers or users to Duerte in the Philippines.

4. savvydating profile image96
    savvydatingposted 12 months ago

Even if there was a drug deal, in exchange for cigarillos, which I doubt, Michael Brown charged at the policeman "like a bull." Brown did not put his hands up in the air. I believe the plethora of eye-witness testimony against Brown is available for citizens to read. My understanding is, besides all the testimony from transcripts, most if not all of the eyewitnesses who testified were Black.
    Keep in mind that this story may just be more racial baiting.

Closed to reply