Did Jarrod Kushner have the right to create a "back channel" to Russia?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (49 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image92
    Randy Godwinposted 16 months ago

Did Jarrod Kushner have the right to create a "back channel" to Russia?

It seems Trump's son-in-law is being investigated for trying to get a Russian designed encrypted line to one of Russia's suspected spies. This would be acceptable if he was already installed in the government, but not as a private citizen.

Furthermore, he also had contact with one of Russia's already sanctioned former KGB operatives who now runs a bank. Where will all of the Russia connections end?

2. lovemychris profile image68
    lovemychrisposted 16 months ago

theyre all russian agents. it wont end until that familly is gone. and not only that family, turns out mcconnell, ryan, guliani, pence, nunes...all have ties to russia as well. who knows how many more?  its because america is a baby in cultural terms.  ussr has been around for centuries. subterfuge is an art. you can read about the assassin's...how they cultivate members. any military uses certain techniques to mold you. and the kgb is a master at subterfuge/espionage. have you seen the kremlin? its massive. imagine all those people working at deceipt!  of course, we have our own, and not knocking them....
    just think americans are a little naive and gullible to true, naked i dont give a sh*t. and that is trump, imo. after no bank in america would touch him, russia helped him out. you think they did it out of the goodness of heart? no way. trump owes them. and hes delivering. we are split with europe now. merkel doesnt trust us. his good friends are horrible regimes. and as we are learning now, it was his lawyer that wrote up that plan and hand-delivered it  to flynn....the one where we lift all the sanctions on russia.
    any idiot can figure it out. if an american offers to set up secret channell in russian territory, outside of usa knowledge....who do you think the benefit is for?? c'mon. we all might have been born at night, but not last night!!!! no, he had no right to do it. hes working on behalf of russia in the hallowed halls of the us gvt. get those traitors the hell out of there!
    my opinion!

Randy Godwinposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Is there anyone in Trump's bunch who hasn't been in contact with the Russians? And why are they trying to keep any documents from the various investigations if there's no there there?

2. lovemychris profile image68
      lovemychrisposted 16 months agoin reply to this

exactly. you dont hide if you have nothing to hide. its called consciousness of guilt.if you accuse me, im saying, go ahead and look,im clean. obviously, hes durdy durdy durdy. and thinking he'll get out of it,like all else in his life.not this time.

3. ptosis profile image71
      ptosisposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Asserting your right to privacy is not in itself suspicious. That's a false argument. Need to have a reasonable and articulable reason to be suspicious. (can't be a 'gut feeling') I think we passed that standard at this time, 'witch hunt' or not.

4. lovemychris profile image68

welp,id say a non elected son in law whos talking to a sanctioned bank and seeking private convos at russian point of origin is cause for suspicion. just pretend its hillary..you all want her imprisoned for a private server.pretend its chelseas hubby

5. Randy Godwin profile image92

True Chris, if this had been Hillary's son-in-law the Cons would've had a s#it fit!  LOL! What hypocrites they are on the religious right.

6. lovemychris profile image68

yup. one iota of what dumpy has done would have this tea party congress activating impeachment and more. its partisan politics and partisan law. lock them up for marijuana...maximum penalty! let them go for aiding and abetting enemy.i want separation

3. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 16 months ago

This is a non story.  Back channels to other countries have been created by presidents since the time of George Washington.  Where was the media when Obama had a back channel with IRAN?  Why wasn't it an issue then?

Here's an interesting story that puts things in perspective. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/po … c6b4f75257

1. lovemychris profile image68

ummm  did obama do it out of the eyes and ears of american intelligence? was he offering to do it in iran secure location, not telling usa? this is traitorous. patriotism is sure watered down in trumpland. smh

2. Randy Godwin profile image92

Chris is correct. Obama was in office and didn't try and hide his contacts with Iran from US intelligence by using Iran's technology. Completely different!

3. Readmikenow profile image94
      Readmikenowposted 16 months agoin reply to this

You people are too much. You ask questions when answers are available. Obama had secret back channels to Russia, Cuba, Iran and others. This is a fact.  http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 … ussia.html

4. Ericdierker profile image44
      Ericdierkerposted 16 months agoin reply to this

If Ford makes a deal for a plant in China this law would have no effect. All of Europe has contracts with Russia for oil. Some nation to nation some private. So have we for over 20 years. Interesting intellectually.

I notice neither Mike or Eric commented on Kushner's attempt to use Russian encrypted lines so US intel could not monitor their conversations. That's because this is a problem for son-in-law. Name someone from the US doing the same please guys.

6. Readmikenow profile image94
      Readmikenowposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Randy, here's why...the story is based on "according to U.S. officials briefed on intelligence reports." No names, no way to verify, this U.S. Official could be the janitor who cleaned the room next door. That's why it's called "fake news"

7. lovemychris profile image68

huh? trump didnt deny it. he said jared was trying to broker peace in Syria. unelected, trump not prez yet, but sure...thats believable. i mean, thats why he had secret meeting with russian  bank under us sanction. he was going to buy peace. riiiight

8. Randy Godwin profile image92

Mike, you seem to be one of those DT fans who, even though he screws up so often, will stand by him no matter what he does. DT was right about one thing. Even if he murdered someone in plain sight you make excuses for him. You have a rude awakening

9. lovemychris profile image68

they wont wake up. they will blame big bad devilly libtards for unrightfully persecuting poor victim trump and his poor money-grubbing family. hillary made money on speeches, dammit! trump is innocent!

10. Randy Godwin profile image92

I cannot wait for the Trumpsters to find out how bad they've been used. Talking bout blaming everyone but Donnie Boy. And I do indeed mean "Boy." He's certainly not adult enough to be called a "man".

11. lovemychris profile image68

when you play with fire, you get burned. he owes putin, and we are paying his dues. the fact that hes giving russia their spy compound back should let everyone see whats going on! our problem is vlad. how deep are his claws in our gvt?

12. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
      bradmasterOCcalposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Mike

Thanks

13. Ewent profile image86
      Ewentposted 11 months agoin reply to this

So, basically if Kushner creates a back channel that leaves out any right of the people to know what is being discussed, that's okay with you? Good.

44 other presidents knew what being a president meant. Only your beligerent little boys don't.

14. lovemychris profile image68
      lovemychrisposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Its just so sad. Im feeling beaten down by it all. The fact that all of this is just fine by so many people is truly disheartening. Of course i know the klan behind it has been at it for aeons, but its the acceptance of it all thats hard to swallow.

4. ptosis profile image71
    ptosisposted 16 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13552285_f260.jpg

Trump tweet prior to Jan 20 broke the tradition of 'one president at a time. This is another instance of  "acceptable if he was already installed in the government, but not as a private citizen."

Vnesheconombank (VEB) sanctioned by EU & US over Ukraine crisis. It is supported from the Finance Ministry and the central bank of Russia to stay afloat.

Kushner, a private citizen, was conducting political relations diametrically opposed to official USA policy. Conducting Foreign Relations Without Authority: The Logan Act  - https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL33265.pdf

The Logan Act, codified at 18 U.S.C. ยง 953, states:  Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any  foreign  government  or  any  officer  or  agent  thereof,  in  relation  to  any  disputes  or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both. This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply, himself or his agent, to any foreign  government  or  the  agents  thereof  for  redress  of  any  injury  which  he  may  have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.

1. Ericdierker profile image44

I figured on this one CNN would be a good source. They say it has never been used. My memory says once. We must be clear that just negotiating a contract is not covered.

2. Randy Godwin profile image92

Kushner was attempting to converse with a  Russian banker who was already under sanctions from the US and attempting to evade oversight. What a moron. Almost as dumb as his father-in-law! LOL

3. ptosis profile image71

"negotiating a contract is not covered" : please send link that says this. Thank you.

Wrong the Banker was not under sanctions.

Eric, the banker has been under sanctions for over 3 years. Said banker also funded Trump's beauty pageant in Russia a few years ago. Funny how these things seem to be connected isn't it. Where the hell do you get your news from anyway? Faux News?

6. Ericdierker profile image44

The sanctions placed on Russia had to do with Ukraine. Not individuals in the banking industry. The sanctions are truly minimal. We also sanctioned "Space" yet cosmonauts are on the space station with US. The sanctions are cosmetic/politic.

7. Randy Godwin profile image92

The banker was still under sanction, Eric. Kushner had no business dealing with him, either private or political. Apparently patriotism is not one of your strongest emotions.

8. Ericdierker profile image44

Easy Randy -- you do not know my service record. You do not know the security clearances I have had and you certainly do not know how I represented US interest abroad. I am positive you know nothing about international strategic commodities.

9. Randy Godwin profile image92

And likewise, you know nothing about my experiences, Eric. You'd be surprised at the intel connections I have.

I do know the way Kushner went about trying to create a Russian encrypted back channel has caught the eye of many intelligence experts.

10. Ericdierker profile image44

Randy please apologize as we both are very patriotic and we know it means a lot to both of us. So calling me less than Patriotic is clearly a personal attack. Where I live it is clearly defamation of Character. I am sure you see my point.

11. Randy Godwin profile image92

I apologize for nothing, Eric. A real patriot would be just as concerned about these Russian connections as I am. Do you really believe this stuff is all made up? The fact you trust the buffoon says more about your patriotism than I can.

12. Ericdierker profile image44

Randy if you knew what a patriot was you would yank off that trite Camo you wear and give it to Veteran. But I assume you hate veterans because they are real men and women and not those who attack their commander and chief. POTUS CAC get it?

13. Randy Godwin profile image92

True patriotism doesn't have a color, Eric. Nor a party for that matter. I will attack any traitor who endangers our country with ignorance and arrogance. Trump is the most dishonest president in our country's history and you helped elect him. Enjoy!

14. lovemychris profile image68

You all are so funny. I guess you dont remember the attacks on bill clinton and barack obama by those swift-boating vets. Dont renember how much you all attacked clinton and obama....and youze always said "i respect the office, not this president".

5. peoplepower73 profile image94
    peoplepower73posted 16 months ago

The last time I looked, there is always been one president at a time, except for Trump as candidate and  president elect.  While Obama was  busy putting sanctions on Putin, Trump and Company were busy cutting deals with Putin and associates to not only meddle in our election process, but to remove sanctions.  Is it treason? 

Here is Article 3 - The Judicial Branch
    Section 3 - Treason:

"Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted."

Those who claim Kushner was doing something ordinary do not realize these back channels are always set up through our intel agencies, not with the enemy's technology. This breaks the rules and could be punished with up to 3 years in prison.

2. ptosis profile image71

"these back channels are always set up through our intel agencies," ????Please send link to this info Thank you.

3. Randy Godwin profile image92

I didn't get this info from a link, Ptosis. This is according to intel experts who have experience in such. Unless you believe Fox News, that is. LOL!

Randy they are just wrong. The Department of State running embassies set them up. Sure CIA might aid but not run the connection. It is so common in business that you go through the embassy. Private citizens run back channels.

Common citizens do not try to dupe the US intel agencies by using an encrypted Russian line. So what do you think Jared had to hide from our government intel agencies?

This ought to be good! smile

6. Ericdierker profile image44

Wrong again Randy. The intel agencies can't keep with enhanced private security. Of course financial dealings are secured with encryption just being one method.

7. lovemychris profile image68

oh, so he lets russian intel hear what they talk about, just not american intel!....got news for him; american intel knows. as does british, canadian, australian,etc. bye bye jared

8. Ericdierker profile image44

Randy attacks his fully elected Commander and Chief and declares others non-Patriotic? Can someone see the fallacy here. Randy hates the US Gov. but declares other non patriot. Randy is ready to get his ass sued by me. Fighting Defamatory.

9. lovemychris profile image68

wow...we can do that? cool! ive been told i hate america, hate jews, hate myself, and  enjoy killing babies! your pal paula called me trash. you just said randy hates the us gvt...lawyer up, baby!

10. Randy Godwin profile image92

Sue away, Eric. LOL! Better ask your daughter first though.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)