Unemployment Report Beats 18-Year Low. 3.8% Trump's economy roars on.

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image80
    Sharlee01posted 5 years ago

My question -    President Trump was well known for this statement.   "You will get sick of winning."     Are you sick of winning?

Trump's economy once again this month beats projected unemployment numbers...  18 year low.       LOWEST ever in history Black American unemployment rate! Lowest ever Latino unemployment rate.   

A The promise made,  A promise kept...   And once again President Trump has achieved one of his campaign promises. He has been in office a little over a year and a half, and he continues to check off problems that he promised to fix...  And his list is "HUGE", but getting. smaller every day.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Don't look for kudos from the left.

1. Credence2 profile image78
        Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Just about as much credit as the Right gave Obama for the positive change to the economy and related employment numbers recovering from the disaster known as GW Bush's.. Just like rightwingers, more than content to ride on the coat tails of others who had actually done  'the heavy lifting.  So, no Kudos deserved, yet,

The chart still revealed a trend started by Obama, so why is Trump now the super hero while Obama had always been portrayed as the villain? I certainly don't have to tell you why.

In spite of all this, I can't deny that news like this continues to be good.

1. profile image0
          ahorsebackposted 5 years agoin reply to this

And the same credit then goes to Obama for the recent "UN  poverty in the US report "?

Thanks Pres. Obama , 160 Million below the poverty line in the US ?

1. Credence2 profile image78
            Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

"Thanks Pres. Obama , 160 Million below the poverty line in the US ?"

Now, that is Trump problem, can't blame it on Obama. What is great "miracle worker" going to do besides pass the buck? That is the one thing that he eminently skilled at.

1. profile image0

Credence , But address the Obama fault point ?

Nope .

2. profile image0
              promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I remember when the far right was screaming that every good employment number coming out of the Obama administration after the Great Recession was a lie, ALL LIES!!!

But of course now it's the truth.

1. profile image0

So listen guys ;  You're liberals and   You're really going to take the U.N word  for this ?  .............Oh Right !

1. profile image0

Your comment has absolutely nothing to do with my post.

2. wilderness profile image94
                wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Did you forget that monstrous number of people taken off the unemployment rolls during the recession, people that were no longer counted as "unemployed" because they weren't collecting unemployment?  I rather suspect that the same method of counting unemployed people is far more accurate today; anyone that is searching (as must be done to collect unemployment) has 10 employers crying for them.

1. profile image0

For the left , It's definitely called ,The history of now  or The history re-written to suit today's revisionist needs .

2. Sharlee01 profile image80
          Sharlee01posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Just my opinion but the Obama economy was not good for the average American citizen. The people on Wall Street were happy. Our allies were happy due to wonderful lopsided trade regulations. But the average working person was not happy and suffered under Obama.

Some here have been playing up Obama's last two years employment record. One must take into consideration many were off the unemployment rolls and were no longer counted. At any rate, we languaged for his first 6 years.

‐ During the Obama years, the number of Americans below the poverty line is up 3.5 percent.

‐ Real median household income: down 2.3 percent.

‐ Americans on Food Stamps — 33 million then, 46 million now: up 39.5 percent.

‐ Americans who own homes: down 5.6 percent.

Federal welfare spending has grown by 32 percent over Obama's first four years. Which was further fattened by President Obama’s stimulus spending and swelled by a growing number of Americans whose recession-depleted incomes now qualify them for public assistance. Was the recession Obama's fault, no. However, he lacked the ability to handle the situation. It took him 6 years to even show a modicum of economic improvement. 

‐ National debt — $10.63 trillion then vs. $19.19 trillion  up 80.5 percent. This is one record he broke... and this was inexcusable.

1. profile image0

Black male and hispanic  unemployment 23 %  , black youth unemployment  50 % , Unemployment climbed to 10 % ,  Food stamps increase , welfare increased , GDP down , record numbers of illegals , increased addictions to opioids .......................Yea ,..... Obama was great !

2. profile image0

The unemployment rate has dropped 1.0% under Trump. It dropped 5.1% or  5X as much under Obama.

No kudos necessary. He simply inherited an existing trend.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Live to Learn, I won't just don't care about what they think. I think they have well proven they would rather see Trump out, than a better America. I know I am on the right side.  I have to correct my comment.  The unemployment is at it lowest in 50 years... The unemployment rate has matched its lowest point in half a century. Winnning

3. Sharlee01 profile image80

So Tired of posting this chart. Stats are facts. Here are the actual states posted by our Government.  I think these facts speak for themselves.  I realize some feel Trump is riding Obamas wave.  I believe it's all due to confidence in a new president, tax cuts, and most of all doing away with job-killing regulations.  You forget I lived as well as you did in the Obama economy. 

Year    Jan    Feb    Mar    Apr    May    Jun    Jul    Aug    Sep    Oct    Nov    Dec
    2008    5.0    4.9    5.1    5.0    5.4    5.6    5.8    6.1    6.1    6.5    6.8    7.3
    2009    7.8    8.3    8.7    9.0    9.4    9.5    9.5    9.6    9.8    10.0    9.9    9.9
    2010    9.8    9.8    9.9    9.9    9.6    9.4    9.4    9.5    9.5    9.4    9.8    9.3
    2011    9.1    9.0    9.0    9.1    9.0    9.1    9.0    9.0    9.0    8.8    8.6    8.5
    2012    8.3    8.3    8.2    8.2    8.2    8.2    8.2    8.1    7.8    7.8    7.7    7.9
    2013    8.0    7.7    7.5    7.6    7.5    7.5    7.3    7.2    7.2    7.2    6.9    6.7
    2014    6.6    6.7    6.7    6.3    6.3    6.1    6.2    6.2    5.9    5.7    5.8    5.6
    2015    5.7    5.5    5.5    5.4    5.5    5.3    5.2    5.1    5.0    5.0    5.0    5.0
    2016    4.9    4.9    5.0    5.0    4.7    4.9    4.9    4.9    5.0    4.9    4.6    4.7
    2017    4.8    4.7    4.5    4.4    4.3    4.3    4.3    4.4    4.2    4.1    4.1    4.1
    2018    4.1    4.1    4.1    3.9    3.8                                   3.8%  -   50 year low....

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

4. JAKE Earthshine profile image68
    JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years ago

Trump fans still don't get it: He's way too dumb, corrupt and self absorbed living in his own little angry  delusional world of dark energy to ever accomplish anything for the American people: Don't count on anything positive happening from now until he's tossed out on his orange head:

Here's a chart of President Obama's stunningly miraculous economy: The red is George Bush's tenure and the blue signifies the beginning of President Obama's miraculous turn around of which Spanky Trump is currently the beneficiary: facts hurt don't they:

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/14064596.jpg

Jake, please refer to the chart I posted. It will provide accurate unemployment stats. I will not continue to go back and forth with you. And I certainly am not going back into the Bush years. The chart I posted gives an accurate picture. Please refer to it. You can not dispute the numbers, Jake, not with colorful charts.

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image68
        JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No thanks Sharlee01, I'll stick to the facts:'

https://www.npr.org/2016/04/03/47274552 … job-streak

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/14064598.jpg

??????

My God Jake we were disgusting unemployment stats. Pleases don't add the Jobs numbers.  You have to know about Trumps Jobs numbers? Take my word you do not want to go there... Do just a little research on Trump's jobs numbers. Once again he is breaking records.

5. JAKE Earthshine profile image68
    JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years ago

Sorry Sharlee01, but instead of being the short timer, hopefully soon to be indicted elderly racist that he is, he should be kissing President Obama's ring for leaving him a consistently improving economic trend: Here's the miraculous unemployment performance over the 8 year tenure of President Obama: In a relatively short period of time, considering the enormous mess which confronted him, he dragged the economy out from under Bush Juniors depression style catastrophe caused by enormous republican corporate welfare tax cuts, and back to prosperity:

Below is a striking chart which depicts President Obama's miraculous unemployment performance during his 8 year tenure, a roaring economy which Mr. Trump inherited:

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/14066188_f1024.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)