Donald Trump: A sad, embarrassing wreck of a man

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (69 posts)
  1. profile image0
    promisemposted 6 years ago

So says famed conservative columnist George F. Will.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions … story.html

1. Credence2 profile image80
      Credence2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Could not read the article, Promisem, the Washington Post wants paid subscriptions. I would be broke if I did that for the variety of publications that I like to peruse. But, I found the gist of it from other sources and it is appalling. If I were GOP right now, I would cut my losses and be rid of him (Trump) before more damage is done

1. profile image0
        promisemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Just a tip: Go to the article in a second browser (if you have one) after deleting its history.

2. Eurofile profile image100
      Eurofileposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I am reminded of a chance encounter in Lisbon over 2 years ago with a couple from the USA.  At the time the Trump v Clinton election bandwagon was in full swing.  They were incredibly embarrassed, as they didn't rate either as great Presidential material.  It makes me wonder now, though, how would things be going for you with President Clinton in office?  Hindsight can be a wonderful thing!  Let's hope your next President is an improvement on President Trump!

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Clinton in the White House = Russia in the White House ,for one ,   instead of just in the heads of democrats and THEIR news media !

1. Eurofile profile image100
          Eurofileposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That certainly puts an interesting spin on the impressions we get from reporting of the British media on American politics!

2. profile image0

The Republicans would be launching many investigations against her including the email server, uranium, the Clinton Foundation and Benghazi yet again.

But I think her past behavior shows that she would be acting a lot more mentally stable than our current president.

1. Readmikenow profile image95
          Readmikenowposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If Hillary's performance as a senator and Secretary of State is any indication of her abilities.  We're much better off with President Donald Trump.

1. profile image0

Can you offer specific criticisms of her performance as senator and Secretary of State?

Also, what are your thoughts about the George Will column? Does it concern you that some prominent conservatives are turning against Trump?

1. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Could start with Benghazi - whether her actions were illegal or not, they were incredibly stupid and did result in loss of life.

Then came the play for pay and the sale of Uranium reserves to our strongest enemy.

And of course we can add refusal to abide by the law in reference to servers, complete lack of common sense concerning other digital devices, and erasure of data requested by congress.

Is that enough?

1. profile image0

Not really. It sounds like "made up facts" again, as someone recently said.

Even a Republican congressional committee couldn't blame her for stopping a terrorist attack.

The State Department was one of 9 agencies that signed off on the uranium sale. She wasn't even the one who cast the vote for the State Department.

If she broke the email law, why haven't Trump and the Republican Congress thrown her in jail?

Regardless, can you answer the original post about the George Will column?

1. profile image0

As you may recall a couple of months ago a select group of house reps called for the Special council of hillary's sins ,     I believe this "Hillary Investigation "is all just really beginning , in fact , I'll make a prediction ;

If Hillary IS NOT investigated seriously  in the 1st Trump term , I suggest to you that Trump will suffer votes from his followers , we voted for Trump because he saw the incredible criminality of  both Clintons , the Clinton foundation and  the "in office crimes ".

2. wilderness profile image95
                  wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

"Not really. It sounds like "made up facts" again, as someone recently said."

About as much "made up facts" as Russian interference in the election is.  Both came straight from FBI.  *edit* - referencing emails scandal here.

1. profile image0

Right. We shouldn't believe the FBI, CIA, NSA, Republican Congresstional committes, British intelligence and a variety of other sources.

They are all liars. Only Fox News tells the truth.

2. Readmikenow profile image95

She was very ineffective as a Senator

“an inability to get legislation passed is just the beginning of Senator Clinton’s shallow record. For many of the bills she introduced, she couldn’t even get a cosponsor in her own party!”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-han … 87613.html

She was a failue as a Secretary of State

“Benghazi wasn’t an isolated case. Clinton failed to secure diplomatic posts in Pakistan, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and other global hot spots. Internal State Department reports show the posts lacked emergency plans in case of attack. Guards assigned to them had no training in chemical or biological threats and, amazingly, some hadn’t undergone background checks.

https://nypost.com/2016/09/27/hilllarys … eally-was/

Don't complain that it's the NY Post.  Facts are the same no matter what publication runs them.  You can find these exact same facts in other publications.

1. profile image0

Whether or not we agree about her, I respect the fact that you support your points with links to credible sources.

3. hard sun profile image78
      hard sunposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't know what will convince the last die-hard Trump fans that he's not a good human. Anyone who is honest with themselves, pays attention at all, was raised with any sort of morals, and is not a sociopath themselves should have recognized this a LONG time ago. That has nothing to do with politics.

1. profile image0

It has everything to do with politics and nothing more .
        Frankly , your party has never healed itself from the incredible ask' whipping Trump gave to Hillary , Hillary's entire News Media and Hillary's reality blind followers .Yes, Trump is just as personally dislikable as Obama was to being falsely  likeable ,  Most of America knows that . Point is , Trump is by far the better leader in the position as President , Obama  had ONE thing going for him , charisma .Period.

1. crankalicious profile image91
          crankaliciousposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Flying Spaghetti Monster!

The subtext to Promisem's original point was that when one of the leading conservative columnists in the country criticizes the President as a sad, wreck of a man things have definitely taken a turn.

1. profile image0

Brokecrank ! How are you ?

2. hard sun profile image78

Wow. First. no party is my party. No, it's not politics when you're talking about general decency,  and that's what I'm talking about. And somehow, Hillary gets drug into the conversation, of course. I never liked Hillary too much. "Falsely likable" that's totally illogical. You can be likable in part because you are deceiving, but you are still likable. Trump is a stain of a person.

1. profile image0

Makes no difference as to the relationship of likability and leadership qualities , Perhaps its time for a president who's "a stain of a person " to have taken command,  America get's shyte upon everytime  decency leads us , ask Jimmy Carter , the last democrat I voted for .     Reagan knew true leadership and was hated by the left , Trump follows suit .   
            Obama "was a stain of the man   "in  leadership required of the most powerful nation on earth . But hey' who's counting .

1. hard sun profile image78

Trump can't even figure out what he wants to do or say from one day to the next. He contradicts himself, sometimes within the same sentence, and can't get the support of his own cabinet half the time.

What's more is he can't hold a press conference with Putin without having to backtrack and say he mispoke, or was misunderstood. He's the antithesis of a strong leader.

I think Reagan was an OK person and President.  Why do you keep bringing up "the left." I keep telling you I'm an American not left wing or right wing. Does it make you more comfortable to say I'm from "the left" because I don't like Trump?

Trump is not even from "the right." . For example, right wing presidents are for free trade. He's lost support of much of the true conservatives. He's just not conservative. I don't think he knows what he is, other than he likes to get money--sue people, get loans, and file bankruptcy... and power, but Putin seems to hold all the power.

2. profile image0

You make a great point about leadership. Character is just as important as policies.

3. GA Anderson profile image81
        GA Andersonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hi there hard sun, I would disagree with your last point - I think it has everything to do with politics.

I think that it is only the desperation of too many voters* for some kind of fix for what they/we/I see as a political system so out of whack  -- relative to what we perceive as our best interests, and what we perceived as our national identity -- that only a major disruption like candidate Trump proposed could fix it. (*talking about average folks here, not the extremes or fringes)

Candidate Trump's words fit the need, and combined with the massive public dislike of candidate Clinton by almost all but hardcore Democrats, I think many voters held their noses thinking the public display of his personal deficits were just part of his campaign strategy, and that he would really be more presidential once elected. Or, that the costs of enduring those deficits was the price of the the fix.

We have all seen the opinions on how that has worked out. Great or deplorable - take your pick.

Then, I think there is another thought. Could this be a case where the medicine to cure is so bad that it seems like keeping the disease is a better choice. Hmm...

GA

"Candidate Trump's words fit the need"

The need for what, to drive the country apart even further. To destroy our nation? Yes, keeping the disease is much better in this situation. The economy was climbing under Obama. Hell, since Trump, the company I work for sent two departments to the Philippines and my kid's job was sent overseas.

I cannot disagree more. It is definitely about morals and values, which is more than politics. I'm sure the Nazi's said it was just politics too. That doesn't make it true.

"Average folks" turn into the extremes real quick, especially when a presidential candidate, and now president is encouraging them to. We have a moral crisis in America, and it starts with leadership. Average folk spread hate like they are giving out candy. They need to take a step back and chill...understand what they are destroying. Is America the worst nation ever? Listening to Trump supporters, you would think so. That is not patriotic.

2. profile image0

GA, I largely agree with your post except for this part: "the massive public dislike of candidate Clinton by almost all but hardcore Democrats".

She won the popular vote by a margin predicted by the polls. The popular vote for her showed wide national support including some independents.

1. GA Anderson profile image81

yeah... You are probably right promisem. some independents probably supported her. I must admit my thoughts are  definitely colored when it comes to Hillary Clinton.

GA

1. profile image0

LOL. On that point we agree again. I'm not a fan.

2. Readmikenow profile image95

I don't agree it showed wide national support.  It showed she had strong support in only two parts of the country. That's why the electoral college is so important.

1. profile image0

Mike, she won the popular vote and she lost the Electoral College.

I support the EC because the founding fathers made it so.

4. profile image0

Trump's behavior says as much about his diehard fans as it does about Trump.

Character matters just as much with voters as it does with Presidents.

Exactly. If you still support Trump after seeing how he acts in public, the way he tweets put downs to Americans almost daily, then you have a character issue. That is saying nothing about his policy, and that's why I state it has nothing to do with politics at this point.

If you can look the other way just because you want him to push through economic reforms or put a Supreme Court Justice in, then you are contributing to the decay of American values. I've dealt with his type since the schoolyard. I've been put into very bad positions partly due to people like him, children with a lot of money, who feel better when they bring others down.

That's real talk...and I don't care if it doesn't sit well with some individuals and groups.

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

So really , How many people consider George Will  anything but  Hillary's favorite  Journal keeper ?

1. profile image0

Are you saying that George Will -- who spend many years on Fox News as a commentator -- is not a conservative?

Promisem, heads are starting to explode among Trump supporters who are starting to realize that their beloved President Trump is actually a Russian agent - or at least somebody who acts like one.

Remember the days when conservatives bashed liberals for using complex arguments that seemed to "blame America"? Now we have a supposedly conservative President who stood next to the Russian president and actually blamed America. He actually said we were to blame for Russian belligerence.

Next thing you know conservatives will be advocating for abortions and welfare.

1. profile image0

Quite the contrary , "..........Heads are exploding ..........Trump is a Russian agent .............Will a Fox Commentator ........." .......God , liberals are  trying to do thought transfer  now , keep it up we will all be a ideologically retarded  , hysterically  mind altered  , intellectually regressive    ?

https://hubstatic.com/14127139.jpg

More Flying Spaghetti Monster!

2. crankalicious profile image91

The Daily Mirror captioned Trump as “Putin’s Poodle”. Man, nice job earning the world’s respect.

In all seriousness though, tell me what conservatives would have done if Obama had done what Trump did next to Putin.

1. profile image0

Obama did the same in the middle east , bowing to the enemy , . Outrage there ?

2. profile image0

Credence, I think it's remarkable that even Fox News commentators are turning on Trump. That's quite a change for them.

Ha! You didn't watch long enough promisem. First, you should qualify that as some commentators, and then you should have viewed Hannity and Ingram.

Wait, wait, maybe I jumped the gun. Maybe it is only the pre-9pm, (when most regular folks are listening), that are "turning on Trump."

GA

1. profile image0

Oh, GA, please. I didn't say ALL Fox commentators are turning on him, did I? Are we really getting into the weeds that much?

promisem, you need a chill pill. It was a joke! I was agreeing with you. Hell would freeze over before Hannity and Ingram would beat-up on Pres. Trump.

Or, did I misunderstand your reply, and I am the one that needs a pill?

GA

1. profile image0

GA, I'm sorry, but I didn't see any hint of a joke or an indication that you were agreeing with me. It read like a rebuke.

After all, we have a lengthy history of fierce debate.  smile

I'll ask for clarification next time ...

No worries bud, although I thought the "hell would freeze over" was a good clue. Maybe I am the one that needs to be more clear.

GA

Imagine, people actually adhering to their ideology!

Flying Spaghetti Monster!!

3. profile image0

George Will was also a leading commentator for ABC , Who's ABC ? One of the most liberal news organizations in America  .
    Not exactly" a leading conservative.........." anything .
    Bright , Yes !   But he is just as biased as his present employers .

4. Credence2 profile image80
    Credence2posted 6 years ago

Anyone ever hear of the "Manchurian Candidate"? Trump and Putin?

1. profile image0

Obama and Lenin ?

1. profile image0

Trump and Hitler?  wink

1. Credence2 profile image80
          Credence2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Obviously, Horse did not read the book. We are talking about a individual brainwashed by China, in the past sent to the U.S. to infiltrate and assassinate a prominent American leader. Trump for me in regards to sucking up to Putin and aligning himself with the Russian objective of undermining the principles behind American democracy is thereby destroying the country and taking the role of the mole or 5th columnist.

1. profile image0

Yeeaaaa !  Impeachment # 170 Credence , You Did It !
            Yes , Credence ,I  read the most boring book in history!

You always amaze me my friend !

2. hard sun profile image78

That only happens in the movies...until Trojan horse Trump came along.

5. profile image0

Don't follow the lead of media bias , Trumps a gamer , a good gambler , Is he supposed to consider each opinion of ours as Americans ? He keeps the  diplomatic and obstruction  forces jumping from dodge to dodge ,   That is winning , while history tells us most other nations traditionally take advantage of our economy , our military , our UN contributions , our trade deficits ,  The GOP is sitting on their hands , The dems worse ...........

"Trump can't even figure out what he wants to say one day to the next ........" NO , you and most others can't and that makes for a winning negotiator !   Don't be fooled.

Oh, he's a stable genius who is just keeping us all on our toes. Don't fall for the media's narrative, just follow the world's biggest snake oil salesman who can't even put a coherent sentence together. You seem to follow the same school of "debating." Just throw things out there, make up quotes, and whatever sticks is fine. That doesn't get results and that's why he can't get much passed a Congress controlled by his own party. It works on Muricans but not Americans. and talks about walking up and grabbing pussies like it's something we all say.

He is a moral turd, even if he were an effective leader, I can't support people that I can't even respect.

1. profile image0

Well there you go ............wait till next time ?

Maybe, maybe not. That's how democracies work. Do we need a civics discussion as well as a morality check?

1. profile image0

I doubt you know the difference between a snake oil salesman  and a snake  but  that's your problem ,  still hoping for that impeachment huh , maybe attempt # 170 will do it for you .
            Go Maxine .

Making assumptions again and running with them. A snake oil salesman and a snake? I know 3rd graders that come up with better than that. Go back to your stable.

1. profile image0

Angry ,a sign you've been in the hard sun too long .

2. profile image0

"Morality" is a word that just isn't used often enough these days.

6. profile image0

Funny isn't it , "A sad embarrassin wreck of a man " , Made it to the presidency over what twenty five others ?    Maybe that is the "wreck ",  Perhaps the "sad" is the reaction of an entire two party election system duped by their  own electoral incompetence , maybe  the greater "embarrassing" part is hillary still on her apology tour two years later ,embarrassing  husband at her side ?

But yea , Trump sure is a failure ?

7. GA Anderson profile image81
    GA Andersonposted 6 years ago

Hello again hard sun, I can see you feel strongly about your perspective.

Your Hitler comparison tells me you feel so strongly that it would be useless for me to offer another perspective for you to consider.

While I don't disagree there may be Trump supporters that fit your description, just as there would be supporters of other politicians that could fit the same description, I believe there are other, and I would think they would be the majority of Trump supporters, that would fit one of the "why" descriptions I offered.

So hang in there, time will tell us if yours is the only possible explanation for why some folks are still supporting him.

GA

"I'm sure the Nazi's said it was just politics too. That doesn't make it true."

Is this the Hitler comparison? If so, that does ring true for more than just Trump supporters.

Yes, I do have "feelings" about the situation. Feelings which are based on living in one of the most Trump supported infested lands in America and a lifetime of experiences with my eyes wide open.

Feelings are good.

Stating I could not disagree with you more does not make it "the only possible explanation." It means I disagree with your assessment. I do think, and feel, that America has a moral crisis.

If you can look the other way just because you want him to push through economic reforms or put a Supreme Court Justice in, then you are contributing to the decay of American values.

I've dealt with his type since the schoolyard. I've been put into very bad positions partly due to people like him, children with a lot of money, who feel better when they bring others down.

That's real talk...and I don't care if it doesn't sit well with some individuals and groups.

Thanks. I'll definitely hang in there...that's what I do, no matter where my country has taken me.

Keep it real and have fun.

8. profile image0

Impeach Trump now , when you do will it too look a lot like this?
    https://hubstatic.com/14132672.jpg

9. JAKE Earthshine profile image68
    JAKE Earthshineposted 6 years ago

Donald Trump: A sad, embarrassing wreck of a man:

America is OUTRAGED once again in our darkest times and Traitor Trump must receive his legal due for ALL his atrocious crimes including his latest treasonous behavior and constant destructive actions to undermine the very foundation of the USA, otherwise the most dangerous precedent will be established:

The ONLY happy human is his master Vladimir Putin who could never have imagined or dreamed of such a loyal, obedient stooge::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_jqKtnW2Ec

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)