How could we get "Back to the Garden"...?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Kathryn L Hill profile image80
    Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago

... whatever that phrase means. hmm

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Greetings Kathryn !

Answer, Individually .

2. The0NatureBoy profile image57
      The0NatureBoyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I recognize that phrase is relating to the metaphor of Adam and Eve being evicted from the garden. It reads in the KJV "So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."

I interpret it as...
      We must pass through a "flaming sword" to get back in it. Flames represent purifiers and suggest our minds have to be purified from the "knowledge of good and evil". Swords cuts and related to what was said just after Eve was woven out of Adam that reads, "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh," means we must be cut away from the individual human families for becoming the whole family of man.

That interpretation is how we get "back to the garden" of god with the life of the Buddha being a prime example and metaphor of achieving it.

When put in context with my own experiences becoming "The0NatureBoy" that means I have lived lived environmentally and civilized, chosen environmental living over civilized but an living with one foot in each for sharing the understanding my experiences have taught me, that is how I interpret that.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Don't met many Christians deep into the natural environment living, good for you and the earth.

I lived off grid 3 different times, a musician wrote and sang a song about me called, Nature Boy. We must have something in common. Probably because I professional build sandcastle too.

Once they are allowed us to replace snytheic energy with Wind , solar , geo thermal and bio fuel energy. There is no stopping us from turning back this planet to green again.

Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years agoin reply to this

so the work would involve embracing nature and living in harmony with it. It means embracing the science of nature?

1. The0NatureBoy profile image57
            The0NatureBoyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes Kathryn, according to my interpretation of existence.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image80

I like making portraits in the sand.

3. The0NatureBoy profile image57

Castlepaloma, the "Nature Boy" song Nat King Cole produced could be about both of us if that is the one you are preferring to but that matters not in this discussion.

According to my interpretation of biblical prophetic types, I've written a hub about Samson's, we are within 10 years of this civilization's destruction with only five of the ten virgins to survive it in order to replenish the earth for the following spiritual civilization.
          With that said, becoming nature boys and girls is the only means to survive in Armageddon during the spilling of the "red sea of blood" by the "Battle of That Great Day of God Almighty" leaving no humans alive. That means we return to living without material goods made by man and live like the other animals as the Genesis' creation suggest all man (minds able to understand all things) and human/woman (minds unable to comprehend all things) were before humans became "daughters of men" at the flood.

Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I've tried and tried to understand this Christianity, yet it's too contradictive for me. I do sense a great destruction is on it's way, just not a total wipeout. It is why I'm immigrating to South America. Then feel a spiritual age will evolve.
            It's sound like you are getting prepared some how.

1. profile image0
              ahorsebackposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Good luck with that South American lifestyle ..........

https://hubstatic.com/14145796.jpg

Those must be boarder Mexican.
                You can destroy them by US legalized marijuana

1. profile image0
                  ahorsebackposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The guy who sold me the photo said they were Colombian legislators  ?.............:-]

The old 70s part of 80s there were lots of Colombian cartel bad boy.  Today, drugs can be grown locally cheaper, like across the border.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image57

Castlepaloma, although I didn't know it until I actually went through what is biblically called "New Birth" with a testimony of a conception in 1973, gestating until late '75 and trivial until August 6, 1976 when I was reborn I have always been preparing for it. Because of that preparing I have been revealed the message of "Life on Earth" so all who are destined to survive it can.

If the truth be known, everything anybody does is preparing for that although only, per Bible, 5% of us will survive it for replenishing the earth for the next civilization. The law of life on earth is reincarnating to experience every experience of all matter and life gets to experience and what all of my writings are about. I was raised on the Bible which was the first book I learned to read, if I make no mistake in my memory, and I always questioned everything I read so the new birth answered the questions I had.

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 3 years ago

I believe that for those of us who are lucky enough to do that , It comes with age , wisdom , and a profound sense of needing to be close to nature .

Thanks, ahorseback. The garden could also mean the Garden of Eden where we (human beings) were unpolluted with .... ?

Dam, if she just did not bite into that healthy apple, we would not be living into such a snytheic world as we are today.

... that apple must have been tasty.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image80

darn apple. (or pomegranate.)

The fruit is called "Knowledge of Goof and Evil", Kathryn,  and is eaten mentally. The evidence that one has eaten it is the multitude of "Judgmental Adjectives" we use daily. If you have noticed I use them only in explanations.

Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I hope you meant Good

No I do not mean "good", Kathryn, I mean things ARE WHAT THEY ARE by the definition of their nomenclatures.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image80

Supposedly, we are at the lower end of the higher ages! and we are all becoming more enlightened. What will the higher ages be like? How are things improving? Consider that 2012 marked a time of a change toward .... ?

The smartest man in the history of mankind just got con by the smartest human. They are both a little on the dumb side in my books.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

I agree humans will soon enough will be advancing civilization again. Once we get rid of Trump and get this monkey God off our backs.

3. The0NatureBoy profile image57

Kathryn, we are constantly moving toward enlightenment, the only problem is, when using the 10 virgins parable, we each are in one timeline consisting of 10% of the world's end population. If correct it means we are one of no less than 10 billion different incarnations as human but WE ARE all moving toward enlightenment with each incarnation.

5. Live to Learn profile image78
    Live to Learnposted 3 years ago

We can't individually get back to the Garden of Eden, without collectively doing it on some level. Because you may feel you are there, but another must see you as there for anyone to know it happened.

I see some here think it was about sex. It was more about a negative judgement. They chose to see nakedness as embarrassing. Not that I'm advocating ripping our clothes off. But, the judgement was made. They determined one state as being more desirable than another. And started the slippery slope of determining right from wrong when they looked upon another.

That is where most of our misery begins. Judging and being judged. Castle, very eloquently, demonstrates that point in his posts on the subject. I've just demonstrated it with the previous statement. It's an unending merry go round.

Learn to Live, I agree existence is an unending merry-go-round and I use the Phoenix metaphor to explain it,

God is the Phoenix representing the entire "Zeroverse" [my term because of the incarnated times and the discarnated times of its life-force]. The story say the phoenix sits doing nothing for 500 years [I don't know of what cycles] then builds a nest and burns itself into ashes. It doesn't say but I say it remains ashes for as long as it was the Sunbird then becomes an egg to hatch back into a living from. At the junction of the ashes becoming egg the old life-force leaves and another replaces it to bring it back to life. That is like one of our days with two transitions, one from a dark world into a light and another back dark with, per the Genesis account, 7 day between the evening civilization to Adam and Eve's sunrising this world's morning that was completed at the flood and then 7 days back to Revelation 21's evening civilization. In that way there is no need for a creator god because it's life-force goes through the same Karma cycles we go through.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image80

well, I think we (original creations/humans) had sex when we knew we weren't supposed to. Why did we DO IT if we knew we weren't supposed to?
    what was the actual consequence?
    If Joni Mitchell knew what "going back to the garden" really meant, she wouldn't have sung those words.

It's too restrictive for this day and age ... or any age, probably.
    what ... no sex?
    what ... no EGO?

Kathryn, if you take the 7 times over Nebuchadnezzar lived like any other animal (Daniel 4:33) and apply that to the 7 days of creation you would realize the sex during those days was like all other animals. You would recognize they were hairy all over including boys' foreskins. Add Adan nor Eve knew anything about mating except in their observing the other animals who's penises protruded beyond the foreskin when human boys' don't. That would mean they didn't know to pull the foreskin back like pulling on a condom to mate, so, because of their having the "knowledge of good and evil" they were naked of that understanding and ashamed to ask the voice how to do it [that is where ego began] and covered their organs out of being too ashamed to ask the voice how to mate, after all, they had been naming all the birds and animals and thought they knew everything. So, upon exiting environmental living the hair was removed from their bodies allowing them to use the foreskin during mating and when we return to ecological living we will have to know to do it that way.

Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You remember all this?

No, Kathryn, I don't remember that. The symbols of the "verbal jigsaw puzzle," the bible, caused me to realize that after seeing the picture each concept presented to my mind by what the words said.

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image80

So in summary on this Sunday, going "back to the garden" means no ego. It means loving all as creations of God and ultimately God who is the life force, love, and intelligence behind the veil of material reality ...

TWISI

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image80

When we are all on the same page with the desire to live for reality, we will be headed back to the garden. It takes work. "The harvest is abundant, but the workers are few." That's what Jesus said.

What sort of work would that be?
    What is the harvest?

9. Kathryn L Hill profile image80
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

-maybe if we can see something great and awesome behind nature and revere and respect it enough to give up our little wants and trivial gratifications ... to see the big picture ... to care about our homes, cities, states, nations, continents and world and take our lives seriously

... on an individual basis, as horseback said.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)