jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Right wingers botch an illegal wiretap

1. William R. Wilson profile image61
    William R. Wilsonposted 7 years ago

James O’Keefe has admitted spearheading a misguided “phone-tampering” operation at Sen. Mary Landieu’s office in New Orleans this week.... a federal judge ruled today that the move by Republican lawmakers to cut funding from the controversial housing advocacy and voter-registration organization ACORN based on a hidden camera “investigation” produced by O’Keefe last year was illegal, a fact many lawmakers and their advisers knew to be true at the time.

http://coloradoindependent.com/46799/ph … titutional

1. Arthur Fontes profile image84
      Arthur Fontesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think anyone who thinks it would be alright to wiretap a Senators phone is loony.

The videos of Acorn were eye opening.  One woman confessed to killing her husband, crazy.

Recording in any way on private property is illegal in Massachusetts I do not know about anywhere else.  I thought Maryland was pressing charges on O'Keefe for the Acorn vids?

William R. Wilsonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah the "confession" turns out to have been a joke, the organizer in the video knew there was something odd going on and just played along.  Her ex husband is still alive and well, a fact which could have been found out pretty easily by picking up a phone and calling the police department.  But that didn't prevent Fox News from reporting that she'd killed her husband.

And I think charges are being pressed against O'Keefe for the ACORN thing but I haven't been following it.

2. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago

Oh come ON!   It's a bit late for the ACORN people to be claiming they were just "playing along" now.
    What a crock of hogwash, just another twisted explanation spearheaded by the O's liberal agenda machine.

William R. Wilsonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

LOL.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years agoin reply to this

So, you have information that the man is actually dead?  Do tell.

If not, your response seems rather knee-jerk.

3. PrettyPanther profile image84
      PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh, so you're saying she really DID kill her husband and the police looked at his dead body and pronounced him alive and well.

Makes complete sense to me.  roll

working