Tribalism to Universalism

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (79 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/14738153.jpg
    What are the steps that humankind can take to evolve from tribalism to universalism?  How does the family encourage tribalism & discourage universalism?   Will the concept of family evolve from mere blood tribalism to a greater universalism?    Will humankind go towards a true universalism in which people will befriend & care for each other?

1. TessSchlesinger profile image61
      TessSchlesingerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I prefer the term humanism to universalism.

We are all humans.

As I discovered when I was speaking to someone a few months back on hubpages, tribalism is not universally understood.

It is seen as something that primitive people belong to.

Tribalism is any group of people that protect their own culture, interests, and habits, often at the expense of others.

So families can be tribal when they consider their own interests at the expense of other families.

Communities can be tribal when they consider their own interests at the expense of other communities.

Nations can be tribal when they consider their own interests at the expense of other nations.

The way to move from tribalism to humanism is to understand that others are not entitled to less than one's own community/family is. Others are also human. Others are also entitled to everything that we are entitled to.

The difficulty here is that human beings, for a while now, have been taught that competition is good. It's not. It's coooperation that is gains the most. That's proven. The more complex the outcome, the more cooperation trumps competition. So says the research.

At this point, if we cannot learn to live together and step from tribalism to humanism, then we will face starvation, misery, war, and everything else as we all kill each other and eventually die.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

LOL  I trust you are making arrangements to ship anything you have and I don't to me?  As a humanist, of course.

You are truly obsessed with materialism and your possessions.

I feel sorry for you.

You seem to have the most amazing fear that other people will take what you have. Your entire world seems to be focused on this.

This is called paranoia.

Are you on medication?

I think we're done. As I can't block you, I will simply have to ignore you.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
            GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good luck with that. I hope you don't suffer from the same angst that has plagued me.

GA

Another one.

Good luck with what?

Ignoring him?

You, too.

There are many perspectives. But people in small ponds don't see what is happening in the big ocean.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/america-a … ld/5585507

https://mondoweiss.net/2019/07/american … -coverage/

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-colu … king-a-war

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p … la-850712/

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/379994-bully-a … on-war-us/

“Luke, you’re going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” / “The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe.”

“If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess…then you have nothing.”

Obi-Wan Kenobi

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
                Castlepalomaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Tess, Ga and Wild are not the two to hashtag all those billionaire's destructive results to.

They are more the Maintenance Worker or fit-it guys within a bubble that is going to burst.  Or in a broken system that can't be fixed by American politics or Military.

I am always open to anyone because even guys like wilderness who has many disagreeable challenges can come across an important flaw or fault within my inventional ideas, or my pioneering new ways of thinking which I have done my entire life.

GA, we agree upon one thing. We both don't regret the World's Greatest genocide, of the American Natives. I also don't regret any pass guns murderers or salvery on which they may call self defense or productive.

Don't even regret any wars murderers, the rest of the world is already on to them.

I can only regret all these non-creative and destructions methods, if I don't discourage them in the future.

The world will change itself, and the world is my family. It's just not understandable for those two, if they refuse to see from the other side. Or don't try on the larger world majority families shoes that surrounds them outside their tall boarders.

Oh, I got that.

When I was looking through Wilderness's articles, I realized he was a tradesman.

Basically a bluecollar worker who has done well for himself, and has no idea whatsover how things operate above his head.

GA, I just find somewhat aggressive.

1. wilderness profile image96

"Basically a bluecollar worker who has done well for himself, and has no idea whatsover how things operate above his head."

Basically an object of derision...as I and others like me make possible not only your lifestyle but your very life itself.  A very typical reaction from ego ridden people incapable of doing for themselves what must be done to survive, from growing food to providing shelter or clothing.

I have seen this many times in my career...and laughed every time as my knowledge of solutions to their problems was far superior not only to theirs but to the project management and even engineering staff that were being tasked to find those solutions.  It can be truly comical to see what ego does to people that put themselves on a pedestal far above those that actually build and accomplish something with their efforts.

And it surely explains the disdain for work ethic; the high and mighty don't even know what work is, let alone appreciate it's necessity in this world.  They live in a world of philosophical imagination, a made up utopia, where the world of reality is allowed in only when they require that worthless bluecollar worker to provide what they are incapable of providing themselves.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

Lol. I find GA is busy ignoring me.

2. Ken Burgess profile image77
                Ken Burgessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Very interesting.

And as America diminishes on the global scene, who steps in to fill the vacuum?

Seems like China is doing everything possible to be that nation.

We will never get to Humanism, not in our lifetimes, just because some 'enlightened' westerners believe in achieving this, or achieving globalism, does not mean nations like China or Russia believe in it.

When America no longer controls the global dialogue, someone else will, most likely China, which will only have China's best interests in mind, and the rest of the world will be subservient to it.

Tribalism will continue.

Always my faith is in the the power of the people and small grass roots people. As it always has brought the best positive change to the people throughout human history.

Chinese saying.
                  The snake in the grass can defeat the firey dragon in the sky.

2. wilderness profile image96

You're the one make a huge deal out of everyone having whatever their neighbor does, not me!  I was poking fun at the idea, the concept that seems so central to your philosophy...until it means that YOU must give up your possessions rather than taking from someone else.

You don't like it and promptly descend once more into insults.  Applause.

I once lived in somewhere near your area. I had just one case of gun threat at home wail in Canada.  It was between the RCMP police and a shot gun marijuana grower. RCMP threaten me to give me a Federal criminal code record if I didn't help them bust a grow opp. They didn't realize I grew hemp for my structure house. The shotgun marijuana threatened me leave town or be killed because over my hemp. I left my home because a police guns plus prison, and a shot gun on my other side.

Just accepting me growing hemp in a safe green house was one solution. A few bad cops with guns was not worth my life and far secondary my things. Weed legal now, I could of kept my lifestyle and home.

Guns are extremely uncivilized way to protect anything and too scary to have a decent discussion over .

2. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree that basic needs are the right of all living. However, what are basic needs? People disagree. I think if you asked an indigenous native in the Amazon what a basic need is it would be vastly different from your answer.

You also comment that you are entitled to no more than another. Exactly. You should be guaranteed the same opportunity. I just find your comments to be surface feel good thoughts. Which don't really mean a lot. Too many variables have to be agreed upon. I'm not entitled to a yacht, For instance. Someone poorer than I am isn't entitled to a 2500 SF house. Someone poorer than the next person isn't entitled to a new model phone every year. Without competition, that's where your thought process lands. Whatever you have, whatever you have chosen to spend the money you've earned on, you are not entitled to unless others are guaranteed possession of the same.

I get your point but humanity will never resemble a giant ant farm where everyone cheerfully plays their part to ensure the common good.

The selfish human did  learn from ants on how to collect taxes and fight wars.

How often do you interact with animals in your daily life? Not just your dogs or cats, but a myriad of wildlife? Chances are, not very often. As a society, human's have separated ourselves from the animal world, building houses and fences to keep wildlife away. We’ve developed a culture that predominantly views humans as “superior” to animals and we associate their wild qualities and instincts with being “uncivilized.” humans are by far the most uncivilized with acts like letting up to 200 species go extinct everyday.

More lessons than we can imagine we could be learning from all lifeforms. Especially considering how far we’ve separated ourselves from them

Humans can more compassion and patience. How to Live in the now and how we’re all Connected. Ecosystems only thrive when there is balance we mainly collasps them. Humans aren’t as different as we thought. Animals respect their elders and take Responsibility.  They listen carefully and many animal’s hearing abilities far surpass that of humans. Human only diverse eye and brain is supreme, if we use it decently. While we might have evolved away from using our hearing to survive on the day to day, we tend to overlook the importance of this ability. Animals sit and listen before they react to situations, something we could surely all stand to do.

We must live lightly and must stick Together

2. TessSchlesinger profile image61

"I just find your comments to be surface feel good thoughts."

Please feel free to read my many responses on Quora (miladytess or Tessa Schlesinger) or come join me on facebook.

Do you seriously expect me to provide you with 60 years of information in 4 words on hubpages?

1. Live to Learn profile image60

I expect commentsto make sense. That's all.

And how did my comments not make sense?

If anything, I read through your profile and find it to be nothing but purple prose.

The fact that you do not have a sufficient background in science and world affairs probably makes you think I don't make sense. Perhaps you should read more?

LOL. You do realize using a position of ignorance to insult, in order to attempt to bolster the validity of your opinion, drastically undermines the validity of your opinion?

I realize you feel pretty good about what you think but my point was simply that it means absolutely nothing in a real conversation. It's a feel good statement which would do absolutely nothing to alleviate real world problems. Primarily because it defines nothing, while claiming everything.

I think, instead of attempting to bully those who disagree, a better use of your time would be a mental exercise where you attempt to follow your own logic, taking into account how those with vastly different opinions define things they might feel 'entitled' to.

I live in the real world. Even in a small community it is difficult to agree on what expectations of entitlement are reasonable, and what the collective can reasonably afford in an attempt to accommodate. It becomes harder at the state level and apparently virtually impossible at a national level.

Any attempt to view entitlement from an international level creates war. Any attempt to enforce our ideals,on the world stage, of what the individual is entitled to props up and enriches despots and tyrants. It creates massive social burdens on societies already deeply in debt by attempting to ensure basic entitlements for the citizens of those societies when those in power, or the social structure of that society, view things differently.

Bully for you for a compassionate outlook. Live it. Breath it. Be that person. Share everything you can to ensure your actions reflect the values you espouse. I doubt you will. Because most of us who believe in basic entitlements only mouth the words. We don't put our money or our personal resources where our mouths are.

Your views serve little purpose outside the confines of your mind without more clarity and a reasonable definition of the parameters. Parameters that are actually workable on a larger stage, parameters you should show have been implemented successfully on your personal stage.

I didnt bother to read most of this.

None of your comments take issue with what I have said. You haven't in any way taken my points and disproven them.

Instead you've made stupid remarks.

I'm accustomed to proper debate - not ad hominems. And my point about your writing purpose prose was relevant because hardly make sense yourself.

I do make sense.

I always make sense.

And I'm accustomed to debate on a lot larger platforms than hubpages.

http://bestebookstories.blogspot.com/20 … words.html

For example.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-European-i … chlesinger

You know absolutely nothing about me. You're making a lot of assumptions. And you are dead wrong.

I think you've made clear that conversing with you is just giving you the opportunity to believe you've successfully fed your own ego.

Cheers.

2. peterstreep profile image80
      peterstreepposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What do you mean by universalism. I googled it and it looks to me a theological term.
      As you take tribalism vs universalism it's like saying, group behaviour vs Christianity... It does not make sense.
      Could you rephrase the question.

TessSchlesingerposted 4 years ago

Just putting this out there.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3092984/

To quote: We found that greater liberalism was associated with increased gray matter volume in the anterior cingulate cortex, whereas greater conservatism was associated with increased volume of the right amygdala.

In other words, liberals have a greater capability towards analysis of complex information while conservatives run scared of every little thing.

Conservatives keep saying things can't work because they genuinely don't have the genes and the brain chemistry to be able to do the math.

You can google this further.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This is really commonsense, Tess.   The more one is open to many perspectives, the more one grows intellectually.  The more closed minded one is, the less h/she grows intellectually.  In fact, closed minded people stagnate mentally.   There was a study done regarding Alzheimer's- people who continuously try & do new things are less likely to develop Alzheimer's than those who don't try new things. 

You are right Tess- conservative people have fearful personalities.  They are fearful of the new.  They are of the school that if it isn't broke, don't fix it & other kinds of nonsense.  The mind is to be used & exercised.  The more mental exercise, the better for one's overall well-being.   Yes, liberals & other progressives are more analytical.  It is liberals/progressives who are responsible for the evolvement of societies.  Conservatives were never responsible for the evolvement of societies-in fact, they are against every type of progress.

Actually it's not psychological - it is physiological. The actual brain of conservatives is not capable of analysing complex information.

So conservatives keep coming up with things like:

1. It won't work - you don't know how things work. The real reason is that conservatives lack the ability to innovate and find a way to make things work. There's a reason academics tend to be liberal. It's not that universities make people liberal. It's that people who go to universities tend to have the brains.

2. You're right about 'if it isn't broke, don't fix it.' More than that, however, they mostly don't realize it is broke, and they don't have the complex reasoning to determine outcomes and see the end result of their policies. They genuinely don't have the brains. That's actually why it's a lost cause to argue with them. Their brains don't have the capacity to deal with more than what is in front of them.

That is hard science - not my opinion.

Grace, I also wanted to say something else.

The differences in the physiological brains between liberals and conservatives might be very different, but evolution would not have kept both kinds of people if they weren't both needed.

Conservatives think quickly and clearly on the battle ground. They see what needs to be done immediately. Liberals tend to take the long view. You don't generally want them to spend 5 hours on the battlefield figuring out what to do when a bomb is about to hit ground zero. On the other hand, you don't want conservatives figuring out what to do with a threat that is ten years down the road. They don't have the complex reasoning skills.

QUOTE: And we know that dopamine activity isn’t purely situational. Some people are born with genes that naturally make their dopamine circuits more active. These people are more likely than others to pursue creative endeavors. Often, they end up as actors, academics, entrepreneurs and writers.

QUOTE: Consider how this might extend to politics. Progressivism, the pursuit of progress, is, by definition, the pursuit of change, of new things. So, we might expect to see progressive ideology in people with more active dopamine circuits. And that’s just what we do find. Researchers from the University of California discovered that people who inherit particularly active dopamine receptor genes are more likely to subscribe to a liberal ideology. (They also tend to get bored easily and seek novelty, and can be impulsive, exploratory, excitable, quick-tempered and extravagant.) It’s no surprise that so many actors, artists, academics and writers tend to be liberal: Dopamine may be driving both their creativity and their politics.

QUOTE: Similarly, people with lower levels of dopamine and higher levels of the “Here & Now” brain chemicals are more likely to take their enjoyment from the appreciation of things they already have. They value tradition. They take more satisfaction from the here and now enjoyment of, say, watching a football game with friends rather than the future-focused promises of a presidential debate. Not surprisingly, genes that code for a less active dopamine system have been linked to people who identify as conservative politically, who tend to prize tradition and see safety in the status quo. A study of 1,771 students in Singapore found that conservative attitudes were more common among those who had a receptor gene that was less reactive to dopamine.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story … rms-222186

QUOTE Recent converging studies are showing that liberals tend to have a larger and/or more active anterior cingulate cortex, or ACC—useful in detecting and judging conflict and error—and conservatives are more likely to have an enlarged amygdala, where the development and storage of emotional memories takes place.  More than one study has shown these same results.

QUOTE: The idea of a genetic or a neurological difference between liberals and conservatives is a hot topic of debate. Some of these correlations between brain function/anatomy and specific political party are consistent across multiple studies, of varying design and methodology, over years of research.

QUOTE: So, when faced with an ambiguous situation, conservatives would tend to process the information initially with a strong emotional response. This would make them less likely to lean towards change, and more likely to prefer stability. Stability means more predictability, which means more expected outcomes, and less of a trigger for anxiety.

QUOTE: Liberals, though, tend toward unpredictability. They don’t mind change, and in fact, they prefer it. They seek it out. This personality type would likely choose “change” over “stability” just because they tend to be more novelty-seeking by nature. The fact that they have a more prominent ACC helps them to deal with radically changing situations, still find the salient points, all without the emotion getting in the way. These individuals are the compartmentalizers, the logic-driven ones, while the conservatives are the ones driven by emotion and empathy.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/inter … clIk1czbIU

From personal experience, while I don't tend to agree with conservatives much as I find them limited when it comes to being able to predict consequences accurately, I think the empathy part is spot on. I was overwhelmed with generosity and kindness while living in Houston (Texas) by conservatives. Not something I've seen from liberals.

The bottom line is that each side brings something, and both kinds of people evolved to bring something to the table.

The problem now is that we live in a time that doesn't need the amigdala so much as it needs the frontal cortex.

QUOTE:

3. TessSchlesinger profile image61
    TessSchlesingerposted 4 years ago

It upsets me terribly each time I have to read the condemnation that liberals and progressives are guilty of theft, laziness, stupidity, etc.

It diminishes me and others who work hard, and who are measured as being highly intelligent and educated by doctors and educationists.

In addition, having Aspergers and having had to face the harsh judgements and abuse of society for a lifetime, I really cannot continue to be part of a society and community which consists of people who are relatively uninfomred and uneducated, and who consider themselves superior by virtue of their relative financial independence.

I'm giving the forums a miss from now on.

And I seriously continue to believe that hubpages needs to provide a block button so that those of us who are intensely sensitive don't have to put up with the abuse of others. That allows us to interact with those of like compassion and derive pleasure from the forums.

I think the movie Team America express it best for me. South Park detest Right or left politics and so do I. Left use more the right brain and right uses more of the left Brain. Wealthy has it way of making everyone fight each other, so they can walk away with our money and weaken us.

Tess I think your an intelligent women with a high IQ. Majority of people would agree with you as human liberal expansion of the mind and Universe as more important than contracting the mind into conservative box. Sacrifice our freedom for assume safety that turns out more dangerous and narrow minded for the majority.

Although I do suggest working more on your EQ, generalized labeling and deep personal insults wouldn't win friends and influence people that well on this thread. Say what you want, just use An unattached approach will work smoother. 

Still, find much of the positive things you say are fascinating, don't leave us.

I've just unfollowed this and other threads.

You know I read Daneil Goleman's book on Emotional Intelligence when it first came out. The funny thing is that there is a chapter on social intelligence, and he has recently written a book on social intelligence.

I actually have high emotional intelligence. What most people are confusing is social intelligence and emotional intelligence. I don't have high social intelligence - getting along with others.

For some reason, I have a lot of friends. Or rather, through the years, I've formed a lot of connections with people, and I'm okay with that.

I don't really want to be distressed by people who think that some people are superior to others. I don't consider myself superior or inferior to anybody - although some of my skills may be better than some of theirs. Having excellent skills doesn't make one a superior human being.

Anyway, thanks for your kind words.

See you around.

Your welcomed back when ever your cool, I will miss your comments.

You only need a handful of good friends, which you already have. Highly intelligent people are often, not the happiest. No brain, no pain, kind of thing.

Doing standup comedy, likeable is one of the most important things. I play the fool, as you are the same as them, not superior or at least don't expose it, even in a bar.

1. hard sun profile image79
            hard sunposted 4 years agoin reply to this

For what it's worth, I, for one, wasn't trying to be mean to her or anything. She seems like a very confident person that can handle a little disagreement.  I just don't like feeling as though I'm upsetting women of a certain age I guess. But, she certainly seemed to come out guns blazing with insults on others' intelligence. I agree that she is intelligent though...it just hurts her case when she has to remind people of it so much. Ironically, it reminds me a lot of Trump with his, "very stable genius" type comments. Maybe she is just dealing with something right now that has her off her game a bit. I did wish her the best...and meant it.

You have a better sense of deplomcy than me.

I understand you got to call on someone who claims they are always making good sense all the time to everyone, when they disagree.

That's like  claiming your very intelligent or very very, very honest. They are more likely not. She acknowledged she has a social problems and she no better or worse than anyone else, I hope. She will work it out, no doubt.

I know learn more from my critics with challenges, than I do with yes men. So I can not, lose.

1. hard sun profile image79
                hard sunposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, we can learn a lot form those who challenge our ideas, especially when they are challenged in good faith by people with some knowledge who've put some thought into the subject. From the very little I know of her, Im also sure Tess will be fine.

I'm not sure my sense of diplomacy is all that great. My deal, right now, is trying not to contribute to the "destruction of civil discourse" as I think Crankaliscious referred to it on another thread. It's not always easy, as I fall into the mud with those who seem not to care much about civil discourse (not that Tess is this). I tend to take that bait sometimes and feed it back to them. But, I feel like I'm doing pretty good if I converse with others in ways that I would want to be conversed with. There's a difference between heated debate and being personally insulting. We all know this, but seem to forget, or not care, from the comfort of a keyboard.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)