Why the police is not doing their job?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (17 posts)
  1. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 3 years ago

I ask this question as a simple minded person.
    Isn't the job of police to maintain order?
    Just like a fireman whose job is to put out fires...or a Dr. who heals someone that is injured...
    The local cop should uphold the law.
    When he see a crime in the act of being committed, isn't it his job to stop it?

In NYC this past few days, I see cops standing around doing nothing while businesses are being looted and cars burned...
    I don't care what the orders are from the mayor, isn't it a duty to stop crime?
    This mayor is a disgrace and should resign for incompetency.
    If his order is to tell the police to stand down, then he should be removed from office.
    The governor should step in and appoint a new mayor who is able to do the job or call in  the national guards.
    IMHO.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I sympathize with police here and perhaps understand the problem they face.  When a hundred cops face 10,000 rioters what are they to do?  Taking action, whether by arrests, tear gas, rubber bullets or other means can well mean a hundred dead cops, fifty thousand rioters and a city burned to the ground.  There are times when discretion is the better part of valor, however much I dislike the idea.

Of course that doesn't mean that the next day doesn't see 5,000 national guard with armored vehicles and automatic weapons to assist the police, but we still see mayors and governors dragging their feet as that could mean a hundred dead criminals.  And the loss of a political office. sad

2. Ken Burgess profile image75
      Ken Burgessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

11 police officers (as of two days ago) have been murdered since the riots began.  Some were just standing in the wrong place at the wrong time, a van pulled up, a door opened, a rifle fired, and an officer died.

How many civilians have died, how many have been beaten, I do not know, but the there are many.

Most states in America have been locked down for 3 months or longer.

40+ million people are unemployed that 3 months ago had a job.

Students have no schools to go to. High School, College, etc.

Expect it to continue...

1. jackclee lm profile image81
        jackclee lmposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Violence begets violence.
        This virus shutdown have no relation to the current protests.
        In fact, it demonstrate that the shut down is a farce.
        The groups gathered to protest are violating every recommendations...besides in some cases breaking the law with looting and robbing and destruction of private property.
        Why are police's hands tied? and criminals let out of jail?

2. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If that's what we've become - "I'm bored.  Think I'll go out and hurt somebody!" - it's truly a sad, sad statement on our society.

1. Ken Burgess profile image75
          Ken Burgessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Its more than that...

We have had 3+ years of TDS... of CNN & MSNBC & Democrats in Congress declaring Trump evil incarnate, a traitor to the country, racist, sexist, etc. non-stop... never ending.

Those people who believe these hyperbolic lies must therefore believe that anything done is justifiable to get him removed.

Then we have the Lock-Down... businesses are shut down, 40+ million people put out of work.  Schools shut down kids with nothing to do.

In states like Florida the restrictions haven't been so bad, most businesses have been able to open back up... but still Disney and Universal Stud. and other such places have hundreds of thousands of employees without work.

In other states, like NY, MN, MI, etc.  the Democrat controlled states, the Lock-Downs have been draconian, ignorant, and idiotic, run by imbiciles and people on a power trip.

All we needed was a spark to set things off.

Antifa... Anarchists... communists... and kids with no brains are out there inflaming these sitations, looting, killing...  you have half the country (the same that suffers from TDS) virtue signaling and supporting the riots and police being murdered, the SJW types that are CLUELESS... they have no idea that when the rioters come to their neighborhood or their business they will be robbed, beaten or murdered just like all the rest.

There are terrorists in our midst... they are hijacking and inflaming these protests and the protestors.

And CNN and their ilk are fanning the fires trying to make it worse each and every day.

This is what is going on... and this is why it will get worse... because none of the fixable issues are being resolved (Lock-downs, jobs, schools) and on top of that the issues of police brutality, racial injustice, etc. are simmering just below the surface and also not being resolved (and likely never will be).

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Does James Mattis suffer from TDS? Just wondering.

3. Sharlee01 profile image81
        Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Federal officer David Patrick Underwood was killed in Oakland, California just doing his job last week while working security during a protest over the killing of George Floyd. He was black, yet it seems his life does not matter. A second officer who was with Underwood was also injured in the Friday night shooting at the Ronald V. Dellums Federal Building in downtown Oakland. His health did not matter either, he was lucky not to join the list of police as well as citizens that have been killed due to this protest. And we have been locked down for months to protect lives. This seems for lack of any other word that could describe the situation --- ridiculous.

Actually, I have not seen much of this man's face on TV media. He was not breaking the law when killed he was working to protect his community, doing his job. Guess he chose the wrong profession. Because here in the USA we do things half ass-backward. We protest after the fact someone is killed, then we head to head back to our communities feeling all warm and fuzzy ---  many of these social do-gooders leave the very communities they are trying to help worse off than they found them. The peaceful protesters show up hoping to make a change, but the changes they leave are devastating.  Yes, it well appears the peaceful protesters, unfortunately, shield trugs that show up to loot, burn, and kill.

He mattered to his loved ones, to his friends. He was a casualty that resulted from a lack of law and order. And we will see more and more deaths in the name of "peaceful protests". These will be no law and order unless we demand it.
        https://hubstatic.com/15047719.jpg

His life should matter ---
        Officer Shay Mikalonis shot in the back of the head point-blank while working the riots in Las Vegas. Haven't seen his face once today on social media or the news, does his life not matter? Hanging on with the help of life support...

https://hubstatic.com/15047770.jpg

1. abwilliams profile image69
          abwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sharlee, so sad, I've shared these stories on my FB page. I've also shared the story of Retired St. Louis Police Captain David Dorn, who later became Police Chief of Moline Acres, MO.
          In his spare time, he mentored youth.
          He was shot and killed on Tuesday by "PROTESTORS", as he tried to stop the looting at Lee's Pawn & Jewelry in St. Louis.
          It was on FB Live, eventually taken down.

David Dorn
            https://hubstatic.com/15047791.jpg

2. Sharlee01 profile image81
            Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am so saddened how death and destruction from these protests are getting little coverage on media. It seems as always the media's agenda is skewed to in some respect to glorify the peaceful protesters.  I realize they must feel they are benefiting a cause but at this point more are being hurt by the do-gooding. I have also posted Captain Dave Dorn on my Facebook. Not sure if citizens don't realize these protests have set precedence for violence lawlessness and murder.

I think many are just living in or caught up in, the moment, not thinking about a future of "violence, lawlessness and murder."

3. Sychophantastic profile image85
      Sychophantasticposted 3 years agoin reply to this

What should happen is that President Trump should bring out the military and send all these Antifa supporters home.

We need law and order now and if the mayors can't do it and our governors can't do it and our police can't do it, I'm certain our military can.

2. abwilliams profile image69
    abwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Jack, aren't they pretty much in the same boat as Donald Trump (at this point) d*mned if they do, d*mned if they don't?
    I'm sorry. I answered your question with a question.

3. abwilliams profile image69
    abwilliamsposted 3 years ago

P.S. I am so irritated, I really didn't want to use *, but I'm no longer sure what flies here and what doesn't.

4. Kenna McHugh profile image93
    Kenna McHughposted 3 years ago

Let's not forget some of these looters are paid, agitators. They are there to keep the crowd hostile. Things just don't happen; they are planned.

Agree 100% Kenna.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)