Insurrectionists

Jump to Last Post 51-73 of 73 discussions (375 posts)
  1. abwilliams profile image68
    abwilliamsposted 3 years ago

...and my response to you was a reaction to Cred's comment and that's that.

2. Valeant profile image87
    Valeantposted 3 years ago

It always astonishes me when the military men on here deny that Russia attacked our elections in 2016 and we should have not investigated that attack, nor how deep it went.  Then they compare a hostile foreign government attack to the fabrication of fraud that Trump began in 2016 and failed to prove then, continued prior to the 2020 election, and then tried to invent in the past two months.

1. Ken Burgess profile image76
      Ken Burgessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes its very astonishing that people who have worked for the military/government might actually have some insight on how the machinations of our government truly works that doesn't jive with what people who have not dealt with the Pentagon, Politicians, Government Programs think it works.

Funny how that can be... well, I wouldn't let it bother you, just keep reminding yourself those special forces and navy seal types are just a bunch of gun toting yahoos that want to run around shooting things all the time, they are the last people whose opinions have any weight or merit.

abwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

This is my latest FB post, just seemed the right moment to share it here. Thanks to all who have served, who are serving, who have yet to serve, you are appreciated by more people than you will ever know:

Today's FB Post- I just want to put this out there; I appreciate our Military, our National Guard, Police Officers, Border guards and every other person out there putting their butts on the line to protect me and mine and ours.
        I appreciate you all 24-7, 365 days a year, not just when it suits me, not just on a whim depending on the day...politics...but all of the time!!
        Thank you!!!
        May God protect you and keep you safe!
        God Bless America!

2. GA Anderson profile image88
        GA Andersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I know your closing paragraph was sarcasm, but still . . . most of us in the 'haft' of the spear do know our existence depends on the tip of the spear.  I would be hard-pressed to think of a group I have more respect for.

GA

3. Valeant profile image87
        Valeantposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Very nice dodge in saying the machinations of our government.  I'm talking about the 2016 attack on our elections - as confirmed by all of our intelligence services, a Special Counsel, and even a bipartisan group in the Senate.  Then I specify the few former military members who post here and you try and extrapolate those thoughts into a broad stereotype. 

Simple question - Did Russia attack our 2016 elections?
        Follow up - When our country is attacked, should we sit back and do nothing?

That seems to be the stance among many conservatives at this site who refer to that episode as the Russia hoax.  How do you think people should be viewed who call attacks on our country hoaxes?

I think anyone who does not concur with the "official" storyline as presented by our government (as well as the News) should be considered a threat to our great Democracy.

When all the intelligence agencies and a special counsel and our highly esteemed news sources are all telling us there is a Russian Conspiracy and they interfered in the 2016 election, then you had best believe it is true.

1. Valeant profile image87

Yeah, it was believe all of them or the guy who had to pay a $25 million settlement for defrauding students at his 'university.'  Logically, I think I sleep pretty well at night with my choice of who to believe.

Ah, so this is a choice of: Trump is a liar or they are all lying.

I didn't realize it was about Trump, I thought it was about if Russia interfered with our election.

So this is about Trump colluding and working with/for the Russians.

Wow, so you are saying all the Intelligence agencies (how many do we have?) and a Special Counsel, etc. confirmed Trump colluded and worked with the Russians.

Its a good thing Biden was elected then, he's a stalwart of DC politics and will get the country back on course in no time.

Well, since Trump was the only one saying he believed Putin when he claimed it wasn't Russia, and all 17 intelligence services, Mueller, and a bipartisan Senate Committee all concluded it was Russia, yeah, it's one or the other.

Did I say Trump colluded, or did you just make that up and put words in my mouth? 

I said Russia interfered.  Manafort, while acting as Chairman of Trump's Campaign definitely coordinated with the Kremlin when he shared the campaign's internal polling data.  And Trump was listed as having Obstructed the Russia Investigation in ten separate instances.

Considering 400,000 Americans have died from Covid, the unemployment rate is higher than when Obama left office due to a horrid response to that pandemic, and we've added over 7 trillion dollars in debt in just four years - anyone who believes in science will be a huge upgrade.

1. GA Anderson profile image88

Oops. Sorry for butting in, but I could never resist an open door.

You should double-check your "all 17 intelligence services," thought. I think you will find it wasn't 17 agencies, it was four. agency representatives

GA

Here are the key four you are referring to that investigated:  https://www.politifact.com/article/2017 … her-way-r/

But as DNI oversees 16 of them and speaks for them, their directive can be seen as agreement of that conclusion:  https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 … eaks-rele/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol … /92514592/

If you can find any one of the 17 who agree it was someone other than Russia, then you may have a point.

2. Ken Burgess profile image76

You keep shifting the topic.

First its about Russians interfering with the election, then its Trump lied about his involvement with the Russians, and now its about his response to the pandemic.

Me thinks you are one who goes in search of windmills to slay.

And you keep struggling to hear what I said.  I said Trump lied about Russia's involvement, not his involvement with the Russians.  Committing ten counts of obstruction of justice to cover for Russia was done why, exactly?  Patriotism?

And you're the one that brought the differences we can expect with a Biden presidency.  Seems you were eager to deflect towards what a competent President will look like.  Apparently, you like the disorganized chaos.

2. GA Anderson profile image88

You shouldn't be astonished Valeant. Russia, and other nations, have been trying to influence our elections every since the means of doing so was available. The U.S. has done the same thing, and even worse, (think Iran/Contra), for as long as they have. Maybe some of those "military" folks you mention know that.

For us folks that disagree with your thought, the only difference this time is that you don't like the candidate they chose to use for their efforts. My opinion is that the Russia, Russia thing was not a hoax, but it was also not the Trump Collusion thing Democrats claimed it to be.

To be clear, that was addressed to the first part of your comment. I don't have a reply to the latter part.

GA

3. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 3 years ago

The FBI says the 34-year-old not only broadcast his role in the January 6th Capitol attack on social media but also bragged about it afterward and threatened a congresswoman.

“Assassinate AOC”

https://hubstatic.com/15383675.jpg

4. IslandBites profile image89

Second police officer dies by suicide after Capitol attack

Acting MPD Chief Robert Contee identified the officer as Jeffrey Smith, who he said was injured while trying to help contain the mob of former President Trump's supporters attempting to stop Congress from certifying President Biden's electoral victory.

"That was a very sad and tragic situation for us," Contee said during a press conference on Wednesday. "He had been injured as a result of the confrontation that had occurred at the Capitol and a couple of days after that, the officer, he took his life."

The chairman of the Capitol Police officers' union, Gus Papathanasiou, said Wednesday that about 140 officers total between the U.S. Capitol Police and MPD were injured. He noted that a number of Capitol Police officers were severely injured.

"I have officers who were not issued helmets prior to the attack who have sustained brain injuries. One officer has two cracked ribs and two smashed spinal discs. One officer is going to lose his eye, and another was stabbed with a metal fence stake," Papathanasiou said.

Pittman acknowledged in her testimony that many Capitol Police officers are suffering from trauma after working on the front lines against the violent mob and from the loss of their colleagues.

5. IslandBites profile image89

https://scontent.fsig3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/144373984_257173269105369_5717045454883131912_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=TGSr35DgU8gAX9eA9n7&_nc_ht=scontent.fsig3-1.fna&oh=56cfff09c9b04faeb973f7d49e8019f4&oe=603948F8

6. IslandBites profile image89

The chief judge of the federal court in Washington scorched Capitol riot suspects during a hearing on Thursday, calling their actions an assault on American democracy and ruling that a man who had bragged about putting his feet on a desk in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office should stay in jail as he awaits trial.

"This was not a peaceful protest. Hundreds of people came to Washington, DC, to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power," Chief Judge Beryl Howell of the DC District Court said.

Her decision on Barnett also marks the first ruling in an appeal from the Justice Department after a magistrate judge out of Washington denied its request to keep a Capitol riot suspect in jail. At least four others are awaiting rulings from district judges in Washington after appeals.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErPLyF0W4AEQLzk?format=jpg&name=small

7. Valeant profile image87

From Heather Cox Richardson:

'Former director of the CIA’s Counterterrorism Center Robert Grenier noted yesterday in the New York Times that the United States is facing a violent insurgency and should apply the lessons we have learned about counterinsurgency to head off political violence. Grenier notes that the nation must insist on criminal justice, tracking and trying those responsible for crimes. We must also return the nation to a fact-based debate about issues.

Crucially, Grenier noted that it is a national security imperative to convict the former president and bar him from future elective office. “I watched as enraged crowds in the streets of Algiers, as in most Arab capitals, melted away when Saddam Hussein was ignominiously defeated in the Persian Gulf war,” Grenier wrote. “Mass demonstrations in Pakistan in support of Osama bin Laden fell into dull quiescence when he was driven into hiding after Sept. 11. To blunt the extremists, Mr. Trump’s veneer of invincibility must similarly be crushed.”

In all my years of studying U.S. politics, seamy side and all, I never expected to see the name of an American president in the New York Times in a list comparing him to Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden. But then, I never expected to see an American president urge a mob to storm the U.S. Capitol to overturn an election, either.'

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

re: Grenier's comments.  Do you think he is also referring to the massive wave of violent riots during last year, or is he only interested in ensuring the people cannot vote Trump into office again should they desire to?  Those riots were as politically motivated as those at the capital, after all, and the criminal justice due those rioters was almost completely lacking.  If we are to try "those responsible for crimes", should it not include rioters at other locations?

I think your comment is a failed attempt to change the topic away from the  insurgency.  Apparently, you see riots done by opportunists on par with an actual coordinated and violent attempted overthrow of our government as they certified the election for the Presidency based on lies by the losing candidate.  The right's pitiful attempt to excuse the failed coup attempt and targeting for execution of our Speaker of the House and Vice President is ridiculous.

As for your last statement, certainly prosecuting rioters should be done if they are identified.  The majority of the country backs that stance, despite right-wingers denying that most support it.

Valeant, if you think those riots were not coordinated and violent you need to review them.  Piles of bricks and rocks set up to throw, people wandering the street with weapons ranging from clubs to guns to molotov cocktails.  Far worse violence all over the country, often targeting government buildings and employees.  Yes, they were planned and coordinated and to a much greater degree than the capital riot was.

No one excuses the Capital violence, but half our country seems to think it did not arise out of a year of unopposed rioting all over the country, and those riots, attempting to change the government and it's laws just as the capital riots did, are somehow different.  They aren't, and IMO they were a major reason the violence at the Capital happened.  The left's pitiful reaction to burning cities and violence was the primary cause behind the violence (as opposed to a peaceful protest) at the Capital - not Trump's call to fight the injustice and not his call to march on the Capital.  Trump didn't help any, but the primary cause was the lack of response from left leaning cities to their own riots.

Why do right-wingers think that people have not looked into the riots?  You always want to see proof of things - please post the names and fliers of those organizing the riots. 

And why are you posting things that have been debunked like piles of bricks:
            https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 … lack-live/
            https://www.adl.org/disinformation-susp … -of-bricks
            https://www.factcheck.org/2020/06/brick … rotesters/
            https://www.freep.com/story/news/politi … 144690002/

Donald Trump and members of his campaign fed lies to his followers, organized the rally on January 6, and sent them down to the Capitol and told them to fight.  And when they fought, and hunted our elected reps, and killed police...suddenly it's about finding a false equivalency. 

Not even close to the same thing.  No matter how many conspiracy theories and false information you post.  No need trying to convince me, it's not going to happen.

And you trying to blame 'the left' for the insurrection is the most ridiculous argument of them all.

No, not even close - you're right there.

One did billions in damage and dozens of lives lost.  They continued their riot for months and months, every single night for months in some cities.  They often targeted the federal government, just as capital rioters did.  They even sucked elected officials into their riots, exhorting the rioters to never stop and leading them from the front lines.

The other broke some windows and stole a few items.  They beat up the cops, too, just as the BLM rioters did (although not nearly so many were hurt).  And it was stopped in only a few hours.

I didn't blame the left for your "insurrection" - I blame them for setting the stage where violent riots happen unopposed.  Imagine the surprise when there has actually been a response this time - the first time those in power were threatened rather than ordinary folks in their homes and stores.

But it's all Trump's fault, somehow, because he told them to fight against election fraud and to march on the capital to voice their displeasure to their legislators.  Of course, you will apply your own spin to the words but that doesn't change them.  It only means that you will "interpret" spoken words to mean whatever you wish them to say, right?

Your latest lie:  'They even sucked elected officials into their riots, exhorting the rioters to never stop and leading them from the front lines.'
                Elected officials like Waters asked people to protest the murder of unarmed black people by police.  Again, show the proof that she told people to riot.  She said to fight by using their voices.

And yes, it's Trump's fault because he fabricated that election fraud for the second election in a row.  In 2016, his own commission proved he had lied about it.  He claimed he lost the popular vote because of fraud and they could not find any fraud, proving he lied.  In 2020, the courts, election officials, DOJ, and the FBI all took the stance that Trump was lying again. 

It's fine if you and the other cult-like followers want to believe it, but show us the proof.  Show us how all the swing states and the paper trails of ballots were fraudulent.  You can't.

And there is likely a greater response this time because those who stormed the Capitol were dumb enough to do so unmasked in a building with huge levels of security cameras.  Imagine their surprise when Trump chose not to pardon them, and now many claim they were following his directive by storming the Capitol.

So, you go ahead and make your false equivalency.  Go ahead and claim the rioting over the summer was suddenly an 'insurgency.'  It's good that you've learned a new big vocabulary word after January 6.

"She said to fight by using their voices."

So did Trump, for that's exactly what he said (although you choose to say he meant something else).  And yet he incited a riot by doing it.  How does that work? You also forgot the mayor of Portland, in the front lines of the riot breaking into private property and exhorting the rioters to continue.

Breaking into private property?  There were some bottle rockets shot at a federal building and the mayor was standing at the fence with protesters when federal officials fired tear gas in response.  And he wasn't exhorting rioters - another lie of yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G937MaQGsWs

And that's not exactly what Trump said.  He, his son and lawyers, said a lot of things that day and in the days leading up to January 6th on his social media accounts.

2. abwilliams profile image68

Shhh....not supposed to talk about or mention those career rioters/criminals, etc. who live to destroy people's lives and livelihoods and tear apart this Country....for something else (think CHAZ)
        This is all about the day a relatively small number of Trump supporters (took it upon themselves) to join forces {with those, we are not supposed to talk about or mention} We are only supposed to focus on and obsess over that relatively small number, from that one day.
        - Didn't you get the memo?

So sorry - that memo must have hit my spam account and I trashed it.  I'll try harder to remember. big_smile

smile "If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane" - Jimmy Buffett

8. abwilliams profile image68
    abwilliamsposted 3 years ago

My oh my Valeant, you can spin a yarn with the best of them.

You're in an alternate reality, so I'm not surprised by that comment whatsoever.

You've spun this into a tale of Trump sending in assassins to hunt down and kill Reps and Police....No I am very comfortable in my reality, you on the other hand need to get a grip.

So no one from the Trump Campaign helped organize the rally?

Trump or his son, or Rudy, never said they had to fight?

His followers weren't hunting for our elected reps, as they claimed multiple times on video and in photos with zip ties?

No police were killed by those supporters?

What I said versus how you interpret what I said is even in different realities.  My grip is just fine.

If you are under the assumption that using the word fight, always and only means to literally do harm to someone, then there is no sense in going forward in this conversation. I am up against the ropes with an approaching deadline on a project. I am outta here. Take care.

9. IslandBites profile image89

Two Pennsylvania women were arrested on Friday after allegedly storming the Capitol on Jan. 6—and expressing their intent to kill House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

In a criminal complaint, prosecutors allege the pair were seen in a video trying to exit the Capitol after the riots. “We broke into the Capitol…we got inside, we did our part,” the woman, who is wearing a MAGA ski-cap, said in the video. “We were looking for Nancy to shoot her in the friggin’ brain but we didn’t find her.”

https://am23.mediaite.com/lc/cnt/uploads/2021/01/Dawn-Bancroft-and-Diana-Santos-Smith-via-FBI.jpg

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

More criminal masterminds. Look how stupidly happy they are.

1. Credence2 profile image79
        Credence2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, indeed, genuine cases of Down's syndrome hiding  under MAGAT caps.....

10. IslandBites profile image89

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2021/01/29/multimedia/29nysproudboys1/29nysproudboys1-articleLarge-v2.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

Federal prosecutors Friday night announced the first conspiracy charges against members of the Proud Boys over the group’s role in the deadly Jan. 6 riot in the Capitol.

11. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 3 years ago

or what?

12. IslandBites profile image89

A Texas woman charged in connection with the Capitol insurrection has asked a federal judge to let her travel to Mexico for a "work-related bonding retreat," according to court records.

The woman, a flower shop owner and unsuccessful mayoral candidate from Midland, wrote to a federal judge on Monday asking for permission to visit Riviera Maya, Mexico, for a four-day retreat this month...

A lawyer representing Cudd previously told CNN she plans to plead not guilty.

"F--- yes, I am proud of my actions, I f---ing charged the Capitol today with patriots today. Hell, yes, I am proud of my actions," she said in the Facebook video, according to court records.

In the livestream, she allegedly detailed how she "pushed and pushed" and "got up to the top of the Capitol." She claimed, "there was a door open and we went inside," and later was able to "break down the Nancy Pelosi's office door," referring to the Democratic speaker of the House.

"I would absolutely do it again," she said in a local news interview two days after the insurrection, according to court documents, referring to the storming of the Capitol building.

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/01/jenny-cudd-capitol-riot.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

SMH

13. IslandBites profile image89

Two prominent affiliates of the Proud Boys face new conspiracy charges related to the US Capitol riot, and another was arrested Wednesday, as the Justice Department laid out a planning and funding effort within the far-right extremist group in a major court development.

The indictment alleges the two conspired to block Congress' certification of the electoral votes on January 6. Prosecutors say they planned and fundraised for the effort, then came to Washington, DC, and stormed past police and into the Capitol building as part of the violent crowd, according to a copy of the indictment.

Wednesday's indictment came shortly after the Justice Department made clear it had taken more investigative steps against Proud Boys affiliates related to the insurrection.

The pair is alleged to have inscribed the words "murder the media" on a notable entrance to the Capitol, the Memorial Door.

The Proud Boys are a far-right group known for their clashes with Antifa and general support of former President Donald Trump, who even mentioned them in a presidential debate, telling them to "stand back and stand by."

Also on Wednesday, the so-called Sergeant at arms of the Proud Boys in Seattle was arrested. Federal prosecutors wrote they believed he asked on social media for help to buy "protective gear" and "communications equipment," with the intention of organizing people before the January 6 siege, his charging document said. He is charged with three counts related to entering the Capitol, and the allegations he faces name several other Proud Boys affiliates among the crowd.

At least 11 people with ties to the Proud Boys have been charged in connection with the Capitol insurrection.

14. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 3 years ago

It seems that some who bought into the Big Lie of election fraud are feeling betrayed by their idol. They truly thought they were soldiers in a war to save America and their leader would declare martial law and remain in office and they would all be heroes for the cause. Some of them are coming to the stark realization that they were lied to, we're pawns in an illegal power grab, were used and then left to suffer the consequences while their cult leader returns to his golden toilets in his Mar-a -Lago mansion.

It's quite sad.

1. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

But that's the price they pay for being so gullible and ignorant. Facts don't lie, and fact didn't support the lies they believed. Hey, QAnon supporters, did you know that pizza parlor ain't got no basement? So how did dems run a pedophile ring from there? Think about it.

15. IslandBites profile image89

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbCL9yrUMAQXQ2Z.jpg

https://fox4kc.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2021/02/three-kc-area-residents-capitol-riot.jpg?w=876&h=493&crop=1

https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/60256c302500002b1c91b52f.png?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale

Federal prosecutors on Thursday unsealed charges against five people associated with the Proud Boys over the Capitol riot, alleging that the group conspired and coordinated with each other to try and disrupt the certification of the Electoral College votes.

16. IslandBites profile image89

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Et9gKwCWQAITTug?format=png&name=360x360
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Et9gKupWQAEorjY?format=png&name=360x360

The #FBI continues to search for individuals involved in the violence at the U.S. Capitol on January 6. If you know the whereabouts of the person in these photos, visit http://tips.fbi.gov. When leaving a tip, reference photo 122.

17. IslandBites profile image89

The Justice Department is now making clear that a leader among the Oath Keepers paramilitary group -- who planned and led others in the US Capitol siege to attempt to stop the Biden presidency -- believed she was responding to the call from then-President Donald Trump himself.

"As the inauguration grew nearer, the woman indicated that she was awaiting direction from President Trump," prosecutors wrote in a filing Thursday morning.

The Justice Department filing continued: "Her concern about taking action without his backing was evident in a November 9, 2020, text in which she stated, 'I am concerned this is an elaborate trap. Unless the POTUS himself activates us, it's not legit. The POTUS has the right to activate units too. If Trump asks me to come, I will. Otherwise, I can't trust it.' Watkins had perceived her desired signal by the end of December."

In a text exchange with a Co-defendant on December 29, 2020, she informed, “[w]e plan on going to DC on the 6th” because “Trump wants all able bodied Patriots to come,” and how, “if Trump activates the Insurrection Act, I’d hate to miss it.”

The government said that the woman told co-conspirators that she was with a group of about 30-40 people and they were “sticking to the plan.”

”Moments after the Vice President of the United States, Senators, and staff were hurriedly evacuated in the midst of certifying the results of the 2020 Presidential election, that plan became chillingly clear when an unknown male instructed over the channel, “You are executing citizen’s arrest. Arrest this assembly, we have probable cause for acts of treason, election fraud.”

Prosecutors describe her as a military veteran who's now a leader in the broader right-wing militia movement, instrumental in a group called the Ohio State Regular Militia and a key player taking action and communicating with others once she was inside the Capitol on January 6.

She recruited at least two people to the insurrection and was training others to be in "fighting shape" for the presidential inauguration, prosecutors say in the Thursday filing.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/resizer/ieBorV-ZmqBnFmWllUwkDKEy6aM=/1066x600/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/coxohio/YTNM5BV4EBDQBAZ6U6PUDIGWGY.jpg

18. Credence2 profile image79
    Credence2posted 3 years ago

imagine the Q Continuum, instead of being composed of omnipotent beings is, in reality,  made up of half-wits....

19. IslandBites profile image89

A New York City GOP leader who calls himself "The Republican Messiah" on social media has been charged in connection to the Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol insurrection after FBI used news footage to identify him by a Knights of Columbus jacket worn in the storming of the building.

According to the statement of facts, the man is seen in a video from the Senate Wing Door with a megaphone in hand climbing into the Capitol building through a broken window at about 2:20 p.m. on Jan. 6. He makes his way with a crowd of individuals to the Capitol Rotunda, where three Capitol Police officers attempt to stop their advance, the statement continues, but the man and the crowd make it past the officers and push open a barricaded door.

YouTube footage taken outside the Capitol near an entryway showed the man with a crowd shouting, "Fight for Trump."

20. IslandBites profile image89

https://heavy.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/julian-khater-george-tanios.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780

Two men were arrested and charged with assaulting U.S. Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, who died following the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol.

The two men were both arrested on Sunday, the Justice Department said. They each face eight counts related to the Capitol attack, including the assault of Sicknick and two other federal agents with a chemical irritant.

That charge — assaulting an officer with a deadly weapon — carries a maximum of 20 years in prison.

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Glad to see they have identified the assailants.

21. IslandBites profile image89

The wife of a detective attached to an FBI task force in Pittsburgh was charged for allegedly taking part in the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

She entered the Capitol with a man. The two had been in communications through Facebook for several weeks discussing travel plans.

Surveillance video shows Heinl, wearing a red "Trump 20" jersey, walking through the Capitol Rotunda, Capitol Crypt and other restricted areas.

The man is also seen with her inside the Rotunda. He was identified by his QAnon sweatshirt and allegedly admitted to investigators that he “expressed a feeling or need to kill, and that included current President Joe Biden.”

The woman was released on a $10,000 unsecured bond, local outlet WPXI reported. She will be arraigned in D.C. federal court next week. The man was previously arrested in Pennsylvania on Jan. 26.

Records obtained by TribLive indicate that the husband filed for divorce on Feb. 19. The couple had been married since October 2013.

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/03/jennifer-heinl-00.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=618&h=410&crop=1

https://triblive.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/3476835_web1_ptr-Grayson-012721.jpg

22. Valeant profile image87

This is why so many of us on the left have such disdain for the right and want our elected reps to govern regardless of these people's view.  When sixty percent of one party can choose to live in an alternate reality, we have stopped caring about what you want.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/half-republi … 38596.html

1. IslandBites profile image89
      IslandBitesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

There are some here. SMH

23. Valeant profile image87

It seems the GOP is choosing to remove any moderation and go full MAGA.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/whole-bunch- … 14444.html

And because of that, we get this...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gallup-poll- … 09787.html

And they still don't get it that he says one thing, like boycott Coca Cola, then is seen drinking a Coca Cola within days of saying that.

Sounds like something that could be reasonably expected as Biden goes far left and destroys everything - everything - that Trump built.  Good, bad, indifferent - it is all to be destroyed by Democrats.

What else would you expect?  Republicans country wide to sit back and watch the accomplishments of their favorite Republican (although pretty much in name only) torn down for no more reason than they encountered an unexpected opponent?

Then you admit that the GOP's favorite Republican is far-right, by your own definition, as he went about destroying everything that Obama had built. 

Seems like fair play if you ask me.  Don't sit there and expect new rules when you went along with the same thing under your favorite.

"Destroying everything that Obama had built".  Not sure what Obama built, outside of the ACA, and that was left intact...except for the illegal requirement to buy a product one doesn't want.  THAT Trump got rid of, thank goodness, for it was an absolute travesty of justice.  The rest of Obama's efforts appeared to be to kowtow to the rest of the world in financing their countries wants for them, and that, too, was something that really did have to go.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)