Biden Considers Travel Ban to Florida

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Live to Learn profile image73
    Live to Learnposted 11 months ago

Thanks Biden voters.  You've helped create a government that believes political retribution trumps civil rights.

I say if Biden does this it will then be OK for Texas to impose a travel ban,  thus circumventing Biden's order to open their border.

If the democrats pursue this,  ignoring our guaranteed rights of freedom of movement, those of you who voted for Biden owe the nation an apology. Your celebration and support of cancel culture has allowed this insanity to be considered.

1. Valeant profile image87
      Valeantposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Pandemic?  What pandemic?

1. Sharlee01 profile image84
        Sharlee01posted 11 months agoin reply to this

Check stats on all the states. Pretty much plummeting.  Thank God, seems Joe can't get the vaccine out. Oh, he has considered building a glove factory.  This virus will fizzle out on its own before Biden can get the vaccine out. It's already quickly mutating, that's what viruses do sometimes killing themselves via mutation... that's science.

1. Valeant profile image87
          Valeantposted 11 months agoin reply to this

I'm down here in Florida right now, and the new variant is taking hold.  God forbid a president, or what you refer to as a wack job, aims to actually try and limit the spread of a much more contagious variant during a pandemic.

My sister lives in Florida, so I do keep up a close watch of the stats and have read a lot about the new variance. There is no indication that it is virulent. It spreads more quickly.  Florida's case has plummetted Jan 08 21,015 daily new cases ---  Feb 09 7,023...

2. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 11 months agoin reply to this

I just got my first shot last week. I just read that the Biden administration says the U.S. will have enough doses for 300 million people by July.

1. IslandBites profile image89
            IslandBitesposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Two of my sisters (teachers) got theirs last Monday. My mom, dad and grandma got theirs the next day. My other two sisters that work at a college will have theirs this week.

2. Sharlee01 profile image84

Did you read the contracts I posted a bit ago with the pharma companies Trump secured? Maybe do that and you might realize we had over 300 million does in those contracts before the vaccines were even developed.  That's genius at work. Biden simply orders more.  Laughable. But good feed.

He is simply a wack job.   He can see Florida is pretty much having the same drop in cases without mitigating.   Cases are at the very lowest and dropping daily. Keep em scared. How dare he think he can dictate at a state level.  He is putting up mirrors for his ineptness in getting vaccine out, and getting the Stimulus package to the people, and so much more. He is too busy doing away with Trump's policies. Lower drug cost is gone, treatment for opioid addiction gone. Keep em dependent, and needy ... A good way to keep votes.

2. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 11 months ago

White House looks at domestic travel restrictions as virus variant surges in Florida

"Two federal government officials underscored that no policy announcements are imminent, and that any move to restrict travel or impose new health measures would be taken in partnership with state and local governments."

Live to Learnposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Good luck getting a state whose income ties directly in to tourism to agree to be singled out like that.

1. profile image0

True. Florida, in particular, has a history of ignoring science and the health and safety of its citizens in favor of money. This is evident in their leaders' positions on climate change as well as the pandemic.

Lol. Ignoring science has become the sole domain of the left. What that governor appears to ignore is the inane prattle the foot soldiers of the democratic party are easily swayed by.

They were offered a simple mantra --- follow the science.

2. profile image0

Hmmm, the only significant example I can think of that involves "the left" ignoring science would be anti-vaxxers. Did you mean something else?

I didn't realize anti vaxxers were only on the left.

Some examples would be ignoring biology, in favor of determining sex by how one feels.  Ignoring scientific data in order to allow women's sports to be dominated by biological males.  Claiming the science insists that everything stay shut down,  then changing their minds when the only change is the power structure. Should I go on?

1. profile image0

No, that was enough for me to know  where you're coming from. And I didn't say anti-vaxxers were only on the left. Especially nowadays, we have a while new set of anti COVID vaxxers largely from the right.

Just goes to show they come in all stripes.

What science did the Government not follow? I think the CDC as well as Fauci, and the task force set out plausible mitigations, as well as Operation Warp Speed working to get vaccines. I don't think much more could have been done. Naturally, it was then up to the states to follow the suggested mitigations. Which most did. Not sure anyone failed in regard to following the science except a few Governors, like Cuomo, and my own Governor Whitmer, who made the decision to send people that were recovering from COVID back into their nursing Homes.

It might be time to realize we need to start realizing this virus was something that no one really knew much about, and in the beginning,  mistakes were made. All are Human. I mean in the first weeks of the virus Fauci claimed we did not need masks and was against the travel ban, he ever said he would travel to China. Not sure it fair to play the blame game, when one really thinks of the entire picture.  The problem was science told us as it progressed we did not know enough about it due to it being a new virus.  I think we followed the root science and that was to go after a vaccine, as we learn more about the virus.

We can go at each other politically on many subjects. But the virus,  in my view, is a subject that we could be somewhat neutral.

1. profile image0

I was referring to Florida, not the federal government.

The problem here --- Florida's case have plummetted Jan 08 21,015 daily new cases ---  Feb 09 7,023...   Sounds like you ate a bit of fake news. The virus is and has been plummetting over this last month in almost every state. Herein Mich in Jan we had daily case above 10,000 per day, we now have anywhere from 500, 800. All but gone in Michigan. Perhaps you should check the stats in your state. All over the world cases are coming down.

Fact show this one need only have a look at the stats.
      https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

1. profile image0

Did you read the arricle? It is about the precipitous rise of a variant strain in Florda, and what could be done to mitigate it.

I am aware of the mutations, all of them. Hopefully, it keeps mutating quickly. We might get lucky. Hopefully, you checked the stats of your state. This huge decrease in cases could show us more about the virus, and if it is weakning.

1. profile image0

Yes, I listened to an expert on tv today who said that very thing.

I pray every night that this virus mutates. It is certainly like no other virus we have ever had. It would be such a stroke of luck if it mutates and denatures itself. Some do, H1N1 did.

Yes, I read the article. There is one problem, Florida has made the choice to handle the virus differently than some other states. At this point, it would be up to individual citizens to mitigate as they chose. The same goes for anyone that chooses to travel to the state. I would think any states that have a problem can request anyone traveling to Florida to quarantine after their return.

I would think if the citizens are dissatisfied they could notify the Governor's office and complain about how he is handling the virus. I do know Florida's stats look good in regard to the falling infection rate. It would seem the state is going with the science of building a herd. My own opinion with this virus being how virulent it is, the herd method is fool-hearted and will cause many more deaths. We have a vaccine and can build a herd with less death. I know they are not doing well with the distribution of vaccines. They are number 24 on the list.  I have added a great site that shows vaccine roll out progression. It is updated frequently.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/p … tered.html

3. GA Anderson profile image88
    GA Andersonposted 11 months ago

That thread title sure deserved checking out. It didn't pass muster.

Almost all links referred to one Miami Herald story that appeared to extrapolate a comment by an "official" that the administration was looking at ways to slow down the spread of a new Covid strain.

However, multiple other links used different sources to deny the claim. The Miami Herald article even noted that Florida was not specifically mentioned as one of those "ways."

GA

Shhhh. They need this. Let them have at least one. smile

You're right.the left can't own the monopoly on unverified stories.

2. GA Anderson profile image88
        GA Andersonposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Careful IslandMom. I have been noted to be one of 'them' and I don't need this as, "at least one," so maybe "they " don't either.

GA

Do you consider yourself one of them? smile

1. GA Anderson profile image88
            GA Andersonposted 11 months agoin reply to this

If I assume "them" is Trump supporters, no.

GA

OH, the playground is getting overcrowded.  So, are you one of them, or one of us or blah blah blah?  On another thread I received an --- "We have you".   Better have the right answer or they will nah nah nah nah nah you.

2. IslandBites profile image89

Then you don't have to worry. smile

And just because you're nice... I don't mean all Trump voters. "They" are the fringe elements in the forums that have been flapping in desperation lately.

4. Benoitsmidget profile image77
    Benoitsmidgetposted 11 months ago

I agree that if he puts a border around Florida, Texas should do the same. Great thought process.

I do agree, and Biden will bein bringing in immigrants that were waiting in Mexico this coming week. Seems until we see what's up with the new strain of COVID he should wait on that. What I have gleaned is that he has not really confirmed the travel ban in regard to Florida.  Actually, Florida's infection rate is way down, as is most states. Hopefully, we can see an end to the virus sooner than later.

5. Valeant profile image87
    Valeantposted 11 months ago

Florida's daily cases are down to pre-holiday levels, but there's still 7,200 per day catching the virus.  2.2 million have received at least one dose of the vaccination of a 21.8 million total population.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)