Joe Just Can't Seem To Stop Himself From Making Up Tall Tales...

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image80
    Sharlee01posted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/15538606_f1024.jpg
    President Biden told the story last week while speaks during an event to mark Amtrak's 50th anniversary at 30th Street Station.

The story was about an Amtrak conductor congratulating him for riding more than 1.5 million miles – but the details of the colorful story just don't seem to add up in any respect.

"When I became vice president, one of the Capitol Hill newspapers estimated that I had taken more than 7,000 round trips on Amtrak over my career. I think that's an exaggeration. I'm going to rely on those two conductors … one of them was a guy named Angelo Negri," Biden said Friday at an event marking Amtrak's 50th anniversary.

"There was an article, I guess my fourth or fifth year as vice president, saying Biden travels 1,300,000 miles on Air Force One [Two]. I used to – the Secret Service didn't like it – but I used to like to take the train home. My mom was sick and I used to try to come home almost every weekend as vice president to see her. I got on the train and Angelo Negri came up and he goes, ‘Joey, baby,’ and he grabbed my cheek like he always did. I thought he was going to get shot. I'm serious. I said, 'No, no, he's a friend.'

"He said, 'Joey, what's the big deal? 1,300,000 miles on Air Force Two? Do you know how many miles you traveled on Amtrak?' I said, 'No, Angie, I don't know.' He gave me the calculation and he said you traveled 1,500,000 miles on Amtrak. The fact is, I'd probably take Angie's word before I'd take the word of what the article said." President Joe Biden

However, the story does not hold water in any respect.  ---  Biden entered the fourth year of his term as vice president around 2013, the conductor Angelo Negri's obituary states he retired from Amtrak in 1993. If my memory serves me correctly Joe Biden was still a senator in 1993.  And  Biden's mother, Catherine Eugenia Finnegan, died in 2010. 

President Biden has a long history of just plain making things up, so I don't attribute this latest fib to the possibility that he was just confused.    Is Joe a pathological liar? 

"Pathological lying, also known as mythomania and pseudologia fantastica, is the chronic behavior of compulsive or habitual lying. Unlike telling the occasional white lie to avoid hurting someone's feelings or getting in trouble, a pathological liar seems to lie for no apparent reason." source ---   https://www.healthline.com/health/patho … %20reason.

It's very curious to me why he finds it necessary to lie just to hear himself lie. Is this kind of habitual lying going to affect his ability to be a trustworthy president? 

I will admit I  have little faith in a man that just seems to feel it acceptable to lie.

Sorce -  Bidens Speech Amtrak's 50th anniversary    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZI1cWJl44c

Story Source --   https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- … lion-miles

1. Lone Wolf Prime profile image80
      Lone Wolf Primeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I said this before and I'll say it again.  All politicians lie.  Some just lie more than others.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yep
        That is why they are such a terrible waste of time.
        Ugly entertainment

2. Sharlee01 profile image80
        Sharlee01posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Do some look like they are struggling to make it through a sentence or two?
        He is visually confused, and it's a shame he is representing America IMO. His cognitive skills are getting progressively worse every day.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 2 years ago

Average person travel time is less than an hour to work. If Biden traveled 1,500,000 miles (not km) by train everyday beyond an average persons weekends or vacation time. Biden would be traveling for 100 years. Not counting to and from train and air station. Not counting 1,300,000 miles in the air. Not counting all the preparations time for each trip. Not counting all the other impossiblties.

Kind of stories you hear from nursing homes, on their last legs traveling always up hill. Not smart enough for most people imprisonment in their homes today.

I made no mention of that flub due to Biden's pattern of misquoting numbers. It appears this man is senile or just lies to hear himself lie or both. He has a very long history of stretching the truth. Politicians often do this with little made-up stories, just part of the playbook. But, Joe takes it to another level with his long-drawn-out tales.

He gets very elaborate, and colorful, make me wonder if I can believe anything he says. He takes a fish story and makes that fish into a whale.

Often enough he sounds punch drunk.
        Too many just go on with no questioning. Following with blind faith nationalism. its gotten more dangerous than religion.

Biden spoke yesterday, and he appeared to be very confused with a frightened look on his face, having a very hard time reading the monitor. When I see this it makes me wonder why his handlers are presenting him in public.

Why not train an look alike actor to replace him. Like Trump did sometimes, you can tell by the red and blue difference ties.

At this point,   I am all for a double being presented instead of the real thing. The world is watching, may as well give them a  slap-happy comedy, instead of a Documentary on mental disabilities.

Lol

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

People become politicians. They are to take some time to help the citizenry and then get out. Those who become career politicians loose touch with their true roles.
    Their true roles involve standing up ...

For the lives of the people
    For the life of the nation
    For positivity in the light of truth, justice and liberty for all ...

and then go home.

Agree

Jen Psaki  claimed that Biden takes questions pretty much  daily "nearly every day that he's out in front of the press."  This is not in any respect factual.

She went on to state --   "That is not something we recommend. In fact, a lot of times we say ‘don’t take questions,'" she continued. "But he's going to do what he wants to do because he's the president of the United States."

The statement says it all.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

Biden has not only lost touch with his true role, but apparently his own mind ...

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
  6. Kathryn L Hill profile image76

Biden has four planets in Scorpio and his moon, (ruling the mind,) opposes them.
    The moon in Taurus makes him drag his feet or stand firm when he wants to exercise his own will, but the planets in Scorpio reveal a desire for power, no matter how he gets it. 

Conflict arises within him and messes with his psyche when what he must compromise, in the name of power, conflicts with his true will or conscience.
    Maybe.

Is the any healthy moon or other planets that all presidents could move to?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)