Could Or FBI Be Weaponized? The GOP Says Yes

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image80
    Sharlee01posted 14 months ago

https://hubstatic.com/16365095_f1024.jpg
    A House subcommittee held its first hearing on “weaponization” on Thursday as part of the GOP push for investigations into alleged wrongdoing and politicization under the Biden administration.

The House Judiciary Committee’s Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government, which is made up of 12 Republicans and nine Democrats, heard testimony from more than half a dozen witnesses on Thursday, including Sens. Ron Johnson (R-Wis) and Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), former Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard — who left the Democratic Party last year — and former FBI agent Nicole Parker.

"Nicole Parker resigned from the bureau less than four months ago, "with an exemplary and spotless record."

Have you been tuning into the hearings on Capitol hill? Cspan televises all the committee hearings may be time to tune in ...

Yesterday an FBI whistleblower gave her an account of what the FBI has come to be,. as Nicole put it "'weaponized"...

"Former FBI special agent Nicole Parker says bureau became 'politically weaponized,' trickled down from HQ
    Former FBI special agent Nicole Parker says there became 'two FBIs' during emotional testimony"

"A former FBI special agent on Thursday delivered an emotional testimony before the House Subcommittee on Weaponization, telling lawmakers that she had resigned from the bureau after it had become "politically weaponized."

Nicole Parker, a former FBI special agent who served in the bureau from 2011-22, reflected on her career, saying that she had felt she had been making an "impactful difference."

"Every day, I woke up and embraced being an FBI special agent. Until things changed," she said, adding that the FBI’s "trajectory transformed."

"On paper, the bureau’s mission remained the same, but its priorities and governing principles shifted dramatically," Parker said. "The FBI became politically weaponized, starting from the top in Washington and trickling down to the field offices."

"Although FBI employees have their first amendment rights, they are not at the liberty to allow their personal political views or preferences to determine their course of action or inaction in any investigation," Parker explained. "Lady Justice must remain blind — those that do not uphold these responsibilities cause a negative ripple effect through the agency in the field."

She added: "It’s as if there became two FBIs."

Parker said that the "two FBIs" were headquarters, based in Washington, D.C., and the field offices, where "the standard rank" work to "serve the country, protect American citizens, and fight crime."

"We have no interest in politics," she testified.

Parker said that now, there has been a "loss of trust" in the FBI by many Americans, causing "low morale" among FBI employees."

"For many, becoming a special agent was their calling in life, but now, it is merely a dangerous, high-risk job with minimal contentment," Parker said.

"For me, distancing myself from egregious mistakes, immoral behavior, politically charged actions taken by a small but destructive few FBI employees became exhausting," Parker said, adding that she "no longer felt" that she was "the type of agent the FBI valued."

Parker resigned from the bureau less than four months ago, "with an exemplary and spotless record."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former … ed-down-hq

So, much going on in the various hearings --- so sad to see more is not following the testimony that is being given in all hearings... All hearings are offering first-hand testimonies under oath... I realize this would be hard for anyone that supports this current White House --- However, Americans need to be aware of the corruption this president and his administration have pulled. This president needs to be impeached...

Full hearing Feb 9, 2023, CSpan ---  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ9oL9YIzds

CSpan Short clip of Nicole'stestamony
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?c5056732/ … ole-parker

Interview with Nicole Parker ---  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnaSZD5Gnro

Any thoughts on this issue?  Hopefully, this conversation can be more in-depth than running down the GOP, this young woman's reputation, and her person. It would be quite hypocritical in light of first, she was chosen to represent the FBI, and she had an exemplary and spotless record. when she decided to leave the FBI. So, maybe share some thoughts on the actual subject --- The alleged weaponization of the FBI.

1. profile image69
      KC McGeeposted 14 months agoin reply to this

biden is scum and anyone, anyone who voted for him is also SCUM

Sharlee01posted 14 months agoin reply to this

I am so glad you took the time to have a look at this thread. Yes, I will agree in my view, Biden is despicable, and has caused the country to falter all for his own anti-American agenda. I also feel not many are really taking note of what is going on around them, they are being led by the media to look away from huge problems. Examples are the Balloon issuer, the weaponization of the FBI, and the DOJ.  The media hope all to concentrate on Biden's speech, his accusations about the GOP wanting to take away Social Security --- AS our very country is being destroyed, as many eat the slop being fed to them.

Yes, I  agree -- he is as you put it "scum". As is his administration. I never dreamed America could fail so very quickly. One could attribute this to what occurred in Germany that brought about a world war.

2. Readmikenow profile image93
    Readmikenowposted 14 months ago

This is one of many examples that further illustrate the point.

"DOJ, FBI targeting Catholics as 'violent extremists' under scrutiny by state AGs: 'Bigotry' is 'festering'

GOP AGs say that a FBI field office memo targeting Catholics is 'unconstitutional and deeply un-American'

EXCLUSIVE: Virginia Attorney General Jason Miyares and 19 GOP state attorneys general are demanding answers from the FBI and Justice Department and threatening legal action after a leaked internal FBI memo revealed that the agency had efforts underway to identify and treat Catholics as "potential terrorists."

Miyares and his colleagues, in a letter exclusively obtained by Fox News Digital, told the FBI and DOJ to "desist from investigating and surveilling Americans who have done nothing more than exercise their natural and constitutional right to practice their religion in a manner of their choosing" and asked that they "reveal to the American public the extent to which they have engaged in such activities."

"Anti-Catholic bigotry appears to be festering in the FBI, and the Bureau is treating Catholics as potential terrorists because of their beliefs," the AGs wrote to FBI Director Christopher Wray and U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-fb … -festering

Thank you so much for sharing this article. I feel so much is happening, and very quickly with this trojan horse President, and his crew.  I really don't feel the majority of Americans know the extent of what is going on --- slipping through the cracks.  This administration lies and covers up any and all they wish us not to see... And the left media is their shield. As I said - As is his administration. I never dreamed America could fail so very quickly. One could attribute this to what occurred in Germany that brought about a world war. The writing is on the wall, and many are casually not noting it.

3. Readmikenow profile image93
    Readmikenowposted 14 months ago

Shar,

There are SO many articles like this.  I haven't even touched the FBI and their many raids against pro life groups and individuals. Here is just one of them. 

The American our founding fathers created has become what they feared it would beome.

"What happened to Catholic pro-life activist Mark Houck is just the latest example of the thuggish tactics employed by the DOJ and FBI in their unequal application of the law that frequently targets conservatives. 

Houck, a deeply religious founder of a ministry that mentors young Catholic men, was arrested at his Pennsylvania home by a phalanx of FBI agents last Friday.  His wife says they pounded on the door at around 7 am and pointed guns at her husband while his seven frightened children looked on." 

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/pennsyl … ll-display

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 14 months agoin reply to this

If these pro life people just minded their own business and allow others the right to choose their personal paths, we would not need to have this discussion.

1. Readmikenow profile image93
        Readmikenowposted 14 months agoin reply to this

You are absolutely right.

Why should THEY have the right to protest against something they don't believe in?  It shouldn't matter if they're tax-paying American citizens.
        Every pro life person should be striped of their constitutional rights of free assembly.  IF they dare to protest, they should all be subject to harassment and imprisonment at the hands of the government.

I imagine people don't realize the important logic behind taking away rights from certain groups of people who don't agree with the government position on issues.

Right?

I and my supporters are not against freedom of speech and free assembly, I leave that distinction to the right winger.

But, to answer your question, everyone has the right to protest peaceably, even the rightwinger….

Time to think twice about that. Your comment sounded otherwise. Seems dangerous to see anyone not realize that Pro-lifers have all the same rights as those that are pro-abortion.  It is apparent both sides have become overly aggressive with the protesting.

Both sides have the same rights, I acknowledge that.

2. Readmikenow profile image93

No, not under the biden administration.

Any person who is pro life can be subject to the FBI showing up on their door step with guns drawn. It doesn't matter if the case they are there to arrest a person for has been dismissed in a court of law.  It doesn't matter if he is the father of seven children with no criminal record and everyone says he is a good father.

A person who is pro life and vocal about it must be made an example under the biden administration.  If using the FBI to enforce their desire to shut down opposition is necessary, it is something that will be done by the bide administration.  This is one of many examples.

1. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 14 months agoin reply to this

While this may well be true, it would be far more impressive if accompanied with some evidence/proof.

Do you know how to use Google?  Look up Mark Houck.  Once again I'm expected to do research.

1. wilderness profile image95
                  wildernessposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Yes you are.  When you make a claim, particularly one of such importance, it is up to you to provide proof.  Do not expect anyone else to do it for you.

Claims are a dime a dozen (or a penny a thousand) - anyone can say anything at all.  I don't know about you, but I do not spend my day researching the silly claims that others make on the web; I look at the proof they have provide and IF it contains a grain of truth I will investigate further.  But only IF, and you have a habit of not providing for that IF.  So your claims fall on deaf ears, and I do not think mine are the only ones.

Give us some evidence, some reason, to go further than simply ignoring your claims.

"it is up to you to provide proof"

Sorry, we're not in a court of law and I'm not a prosecutor trying to establish guilt.

This is thread on an internet forum.

IF you were to read the thread, I already provided a link to a story concerning the Mark Houck incident. So, you don't have to even use Google, you only have to read previous posts on this thread. 

Easiest way to see the proof I provided rather than making bogus allegations based on a lack of knowledge of what has been shared on an internet forum.

2. Sharlee01 profile image80

https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-just … e-pro-life

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lawyer-pro-l … timidation

https://nypost.com/2022/09/29/wife-of-p … bi-arrest/

I found these media outlets that carried the report. I could not find any left-leaning outlets that one could compare.

So well put -- thank God for logic. I feel it will in the end win out.

You may not be aware but this goes both ways ---
        https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-in … ticization

"The same day 37 Republican members of Congress sent a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray about investigating violence against pro-life groups, the FBI contacted an upstate New York pro-life pregnancy center — four months after it had been firebombed.

Days before the November midterm elections, a House GOP report that was broadly critical of the FBI highlighted 70 examples of violence against pro-life pregnancy centers since May that apparently have not been investigated.

About a week after the elections, the FBI field office in Buffalo announced a $25,000 reward to anyone who could help capture the man who hurled Molotov cocktails on June 7 into CompassCare, a pro-life pregnancy center in Amherst, New York."

"There have been over 70 attacks just on pro-life pregnancy centers, to say nothing of other pro-life organizations and conservative churches," Harden told Fox News Digital. "It tells me the FBI has limited resources and that their leadership is making a decision to deprioritize investigations of pro-life centers. It is naive to think that the largest policing agency on the globe, with the best forensic technology known to man, does not know who is perpetrating these crimes."
        https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-in … ticization

IMO -- pro-life citizens have the same rights as the Pro-abortion.  This is a free country. Freedom of thought and speech are for all.

My last comment to Mike made it clear and I concur with you, freedom of thought, speech and peaceable assembly for all.

I had always thought that --- but recently, had to question it. Could we all be becoming overly sensitive?

I don’t like right wingers and I work hard to remain objective in my evaluation of them and the things that they do.

But my progressivism requires me to be fair and open minded in regards to what and who I consider an adversary.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
                GA Andersonposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Hold on. I had to grab a chair on those two.

You work hard to be objective about right-wingers? and you require yourself to be fair and open-minded about them?

That's richer than anything MyEsoteric has ever dished out. Or, maybe it was some slick sarcasm?

GA

Yeah, there is probably just a little sarcasm there.....

4. Sharlee01 profile image80
    Sharlee01posted 14 months ago

We can all relax. Yes, we have had a huge spy balloon and three unidentified objects shot down in the span of two weeks ( one right here in my State Michigan) we have very little information being shared in regard to the objects... But hey, Joe has gotten to the bottom of all of this  --- It's Trump's fault. So, just look in Trump's direction, "That's the ticket".  "wasn't me ".

5. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 14 months ago

Funny how this is, isn't it?

The Right rips Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony apart regarding Trumps involvement in J6, but cosies up to the testimony of one woman regarding some insane theme like the weaponization of one of our most hallowed institutions.

Sounds sort of hypocritical to me.

Please reread my OP. I was pretty careful not to share a view on Parker's information only that she offered testimony.

Here was my added view -- "So, much going on in the various hearings --- so sad to see more is not following the testimony that is being given in all hearings... All hearings are offering first-hand testimonies under oath... I realize this would be hard for anyone that supports this current White House --- However, Americans need to be aware of the corruption this president and his administration have pulled. This president needs to be impeached..."

I can only share my personal view of Nicole and Cassidy. Unsure how others viewed their testimony.   -   

Nicole  Parker came forward with her first-hand view under oath, ultimately which led to her resigning from the FBI.  As Cassidy Hutchinson shares her personal view, through secondhand information, or information she claimed to overhear in regard to conversations of others, that she was not personally involved in. 

I myself ascertained the information was somewhat different due to Nicole being in the position to collect her view over 11 years, and she felt in the last few years all was changing for the worse in the FBI. her view was before and after view. But yes, still view.

Cassidy shared a view of a particular incident, and what she overheard. Bits and pieces of conversations.

I don't think the two testimony carry the same weight. I do think both were truthful and respected both views.

The one very big difference to me --- Nicole being a long-time FBI agent could be presented in a court of law as an expert witness giving her expert view of working for the FBI, and the norms she came to know, and watched deteriorate in the past few years.

Cassidy's testimony is conjecture, and truely could not be used in a court of law. It complied with hearsay.  She would not be in the position to be called an expert witness.  Nicole could be questioned about the FBI protocol, and rules, her views would not be entered in her testimony.

She would be little help unless she proved to her something that she had firsthand info on.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/29/politics … index.html

Ms Hutchinson made her testimony under oath, those that had issues with her statements as to what occurred did not express those differences under oath.

Regardless, Nicole’s testimony is still just her experience, who else is there to corroborate her story and her perspective? Corroborating accounts would give credibility to her account as being more than a political attack.

Since both accounts from Nicole and Hutchinson were made under oath, I have no reason to question the veracity of one over the other.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)