Oh No You Don't ! Look Here Not There

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image84
    Sharlee01posted 9 months ago

https://hubstatic.com/16625273_f1024.jpg

Today we get two breaking stories...  One is all about Trump, and the other about all about once again another reputable whistleblower with damming information HunterBiden.    You tell me are we seeing a weaponized DOJ?

"Conservatives, legal experts erupt over Trump claim he is Jan. 6 grand jury target: 'Makes no sense' -  Trump says he was given four days to report to the grand jury and expects to be arrested"

"Legal experts and conservative political pundits erupted after former President Donald Trump claimed he received a letter informing him that he is a target of the Justice Department’s investigation into the Jan. 6th riot.

Trump posted on Truth Social Tuesday morning that he expects to face both an arrest and indictment after a letter from Special Counsel Jack Smith told the Republican he is "target of the January 6th grand jury investigation." The Sunday letter gave Trump "4 days to report to the Grand Jury," the former president claimed.

"Jack Smith sending President Trump a target letter and then indicating he has to appear in front of the Grand Jury makes no sense," Brett Tolman, former U.S. attorney and the executive director of Right on Crime, posted on Twitter." read more ---   https://www.foxnews.com/politics/donald … erts-erupt

WATCH: McCarthy’s closed-door video sets up bombshell hearing on Hunter Biden/IRS investigation
    Fox News Digital obtained a video McCarthy is showing at a closed-door House GOP meeting

"WATCH: Kevin McCarthy's closed-door memo to House Republicans on the Biden family
    Fox News Digital obtained exclusive video shown by House Speaker Kevin McCarthy in a closed-door GOP conference meeting on Tuesday morning. (U.S. House of Representatives/NBC News/CBS News)

EXCLUSIVE: House Speaker Kevin McCarthy on Tuesday played a video for House Republicans that shows President Biden denying any wrongdoing related to his family's business dealings, one day before a whistleblower is expected to tell Congress that the investigation into Hunter Biden was politicized.

The video, obtained exclusively by Fox News Digital, shows a timeline of Biden defending his family's actions. But it ends with IRS whistleblower Gary Shapley claiming the IRS probe he was part of was prevented from taking steps "that could have led us to President Biden."

Shapley and one other whistleblower are expected to claim on Wednesday at the House Oversight and Accountability Committee that the Justice Department interfered in the IRS investigation of Hunter Biden and his business dealings. The hearing is a culmination of linked probes by Oversight as well as the House Judiciary and Ways & Means committees into both Hunter and the president’s brother James Biden."
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/watch- … estigation

So any thoughts? Do you feel that the timing of Jack's letter to Trump, was a coincidence, or a  --  Hey how about you look here instead of there?

Are we witnessing another weaponization of the DOJ on the Biden family's behalf?

1. profile image56
      Annegrayposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Deleted

Sharlee01posted 9 months agoin reply to this

noted your view

2. peterstreep profile image81
      peterstreepposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Just a simple observation.
      Hunter-Biden was never a president. Therefore you can not compare the two cases.
      Personally, I think, that the Hunter-Biden case is simply a red herring to direct the news away from Trump's case.

1. abwilliams profile image69
        abwilliamsposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Joe Biden (aka: the President) is "the big guy", "Dad", "sitting here by my "Father", in the Hunter Biden case. It's very relevant! UNLESS...one is hellbent on getting Trump and, therefore, can't see beyond that.

The evidence is overwhelming in regard to bank documentation of the money this family has been receiving for many years. All are laundered through LLCs that have no business, no employees, or even office space. Not to mention these wonderful brave citizens that have come forward to set the record straight in regard to the Hunter investigations... The IRS, as well as the FBI, had compromised employees. It will be wonderful to have this corruption finally outed. The Biden's may be crooked, but my they were sure poor at it.

Today hearings will make history. Not the kind of history we Americans would ever have wanted. But it will go to show, we are a democracy, and a president will not be allowed to dictate or weaponize our Nations agencies.

1. profile image56
            Annegrayposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. abwilliams profile image69
              abwilliamsposted 9 months agoin reply to this

....and that in itself is very shady, but that's okay, keep on monitoring conservatives.

2. Sharlee01 profile image84

I think these brave whistleblowers need to be heard and believed. There is too much smoke around Hunter Biden to ignore. Literally paper trail of payments from foreign countries and washed through some 30 Biden-owned LLCs.  In my view, the Biden family are knee deep in pay-for-play, and this president is badly compromised. I just hope the dam will break and more whistleblowers will come out.  I think today's hearings will be very helpful to prove Hunter and his family are crooked, and that the Biden White House weaponized the FBI, as well as tried to weaponize the IRS -- but did a poor job at it.

1. peterstreep profile image81

First there should be a court case. I'm not that into US news, but I don't recall that there was any.
          If the evidence against Hunter Biden is that strong they should start a court case.
          And if there is a court case against Hunter Biden, it is not the same as a court case against a former president of the US.

But so far we have two court cases against Donald Trump or was it three? (I think there are much more if you count Trump's companies too. But we don't.)
          And zero against Hunter Biden.

Again, Hunter Biden may be guilty of something. (I haven't followed his case) and most top level people are in my opinion. But still this is not comparable with a former President of the United States. As you can always find a related person to the president of the United States, may this be Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Obama or Trump, that has done something shady.

"First there should be a court case. I'm not that into US news, but I don't recall that there was any.
            If the evidence against Hunter Biden is that strong they should start a court case."

Agree...  That will be up to the DOJ. While Congress can investigate conduct that may be criminal, Congress itself lacks the authority to bring criminal charges or otherwise initiate a criminal prosecution.  If a congressional investigation uncovers evidence of criminal activity, however, Congress may refer the matter to the Department of Justice for investigation and, potentially, prosecution.

Let me remind you Hunter's legal problems are unlike those of Trump.

My thread in no way accused Joe Biden of a crime. I do believe that Congress is making efforts to connect Joe Biden to the alleged to pay to play crimes. Thus far it has been presented in the form of media smoke.

In my view,  the whistleblowers that worked on the investigations may today be able to help shed light on what went on that disturbed them enough to come forward to Congress due to they feel they witnessed wrongdoing.

These men have been vetted to be credible.

1. peterstreep profile image81

But why should Congress start an investigation? Hunter Biden is not a politician. And if you start an investigation into everybody connected to a politician, or let's say the president, you have a lot of work to do...

I can see your point, but unfortunately, it appears that the Congressional Committee has made allegations openly that they feel Joe Biden is involved in his family's business ventures with foreign counties.
                As I said there is a lot of smoke, the investigation hopefully will clear the air enough to see if the IRS and FBI were weaponized, and if they looked the other way to make sure Hunter was not charged with felonies.

I think today's hearing will certainly shed light on the ongoing Biden investigations.

2. IslandBites profile image90
          IslandBitesposted 9 months agoin reply to this

I pride myself in not condemning before I hear the other side. I am a bit different, and don't join in group thinking.  I realize this is not today the norm.

Erm. lol

Noted no interest in responding. Choosing my conversations carefully, and sticking to users that I feel I have more in common with.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)