CRT? Or is it Pippi Longstocking discomfort over history lesson?

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 9 months ago

Background:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-scho … 30834.html

So, Lord DeSantis is rewriting history books that indicated that slavery was positive because of "skills" attained by the enslaved. Well, what do you know? That is a pretty dumb conclusion. He is both a lack luster candidate and a lack luster man for a reason.

You conservatives have spent a lot of time and effort using CRT to shroud your real agenda, the discrediting of black people by ameliorating the truth about the uglier side of American history so that those little Caucasian children do not have feel uncomfortable by the revelation of that truth. Truthfully, this is what I suspected from the very beginning. History, by its nature, is not always pleasant, better to learn that earlier rather than later.

This attempt to lie to children both black and white, quite frankly pi$$es me off. Add to that, my extreme discomfort with the state of Ohio and the tyrannical Republican legislature there in regards to its upcoming Amendment 1.

I am beginning to wonder if Republicans have so much of an ounce of integrity that can be found anywhere between them?

1. profile image56
      Annegrayposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Deleted

Credence2posted 9 months agoin reply to this

Thanks, Anne

“Job Opportunities”, now that is a laugh…..

I simply can’t understand why conservatives take this attitude and approach all of the time?

2. Sharlee01 profile image84
      Sharlee01posted 9 months agoin reply to this

After some research, I learned that statewide teachers' union, several organizations, and individuals spoke in opposition to the proposed standards in a public hearing, and made the request to the board to table the standards until they could be revised. But, when public comment came to an end, the board voted to adopt them. With no further discussion.

My view -- This is unacceptable on so many levels.  Our history is our history, it should be taught as factual as possible. Nothing should be hidden, excused, or painted a pretty color. 

I can only hope teachers parents and the general public will stand and be heard. This is the form f issue that needs large protests. 

Where the hell are we going, it's like common sense has been lost.

Thanks, it is just another one of those things that continue to remind us as a community Why we can't support Republicans to any significant degree.

The conservatives say "what have the democrats done for you? But, they don't go out of their way to do grevious harm. This is the kind of attitude and position by a Governor and school Board that supports that view.

1. Sharlee01 profile image84

You are grouping...  Is that fair? I am a conservative, and well, you read my comment. Yet you group an internet party into having one mindset.   Your side, my side... You might want to look around my side has all but left this small forum. I would surmise it was due to feeling the other side is somewhat unreasonable about even listening to what they have to say.  So, do you think it is good that many have given up communicating with your side?  Become very satisfied with just ignoring, and not willing to even take the time to communicate.

I can't speak for conservatives that post or at one time enjoyed posting here. I won't share my thoughts on why even I have become disillusioned about communicating here --

Don't be alarmed, Sharlee.

Republicans speak to me often about their individually being the exception to what is obviously an attitude taken in by the rank and file. Otherwise how could such a grevious assualt on accurate American history stand?

And, to be honest, that is where we are today, "your side, vs my side". That theme is playing out at the state and national levels as well.

I am the one that stands on one leg here, except of Anne, Lauren and ESO, when rightwing posters don't constantly run him off. You still have all of the rest.

I have to keep communicating and getting across my message, but I can understand how fatigue comes from each side trying to penetrate the brick wall presented by the other.

Rest assured that the fatigue factor is not limited to just one side. I am more than content to attack the conservative position, force them to defend and gradually expose what wrong as one would peel the skin from an orange. I gleefully go into battle, giving as good as I get and out of the melee, someone, myself included, just might learn something that they did not know before.

I will listen, but expect to be challenged and as AB said, "it had better be good"

Note as read

You read it, but would you consider it to be an reasonable assessment on my part?

I would say better than a reasonable assessment.  Spot on

2. Credence2 profile image78

Correction as to the posters that have shown resistance to the Right

I  am the one that stands on one leg here, except of IB, Anne, Lauren and ESO, when rightwing posters don't constantly run him off. You still have all of the rest.

Has ECO been banned again?  We as you know ECO and I go at it. But I have not reported him in a very long time, since the "liar" incident. I have pretty much just gotten accustomed to his way of sharing, one could say.

It's pretty quiet here lately.

Yeah, sort of looks like it. It has been too quiet. He keeps things moving along and is always missed...

LOL --- He certainly keeps my blood circulation at an accelerated speed.

2. tsmog profile image85
                  tsmogposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Not long ago he was talking with Nathanville about going on vacation to England. Maybe he is on that now. I don't know.

It has been only over the last day or two.

2. Sharlee01 profile image84

YES! I remember that I think he is off enjoying a wonderful vacation... Lucky stiff.   I was following his post, I did not see anything that would get him banned.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)