Choosing A President --- Both With Visible Baggage

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (73 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image80
    Sharlee01posted 7 months ago

https://hubstatic.com/16731433_f1024.jpg

In my view,  in a democracy, the act of voting is not merely a privilege; it is a  responsibility. It is an expression of the people's collective will, a cornerstone of civic duty. But what happens when the choices before us in an election are less than ideal? What should we do when both candidates are flawed, under investigation, or burdened by legal issues? The answer, in such circumstances, is clear: we must vote.

In the complex landscape of modern politics, it's not uncommon to find ourselves facing a difficult choice at the ballot box. This dilemma becomes particularly pronounced when both leading candidates have evident flaws. On one hand, we have an incumbent leader whose tenure has been marked by disappointment, pushing the nation down a path that a majority of citizens have voiced their displeasure about. On the other hand, there is an opposition candidate with a track record of accomplishments while he was president,  but is encumbered by legal issues.

In my view, one must choose the lesser of two evils  -  Yes, It is tempting to throw up our hands and abstain from voting when faced with this challenging decision. However, this would be a grave mistake. The principle of "choosing the lesser of two evils" is not an endorsement of imperfection but a recognition of the practical realities of politics. It signifies a pragmatic approach that seeks to make the best of the available options.

In a democracy, we have the power to hold leaders accountable and influence the direction of our nation. By abstaining from voting, we relinquish that power and leave the decision to others. Even when both candidates are flawed, your vote can make a difference in shaping the future.

The act of voting for a candidate who might not align perfectly with our values can be seen as a form of compromise. It's an acknowledgment that we may not get everything we desire in a leader but that we are making a choice that, on balance, we believe will move the country in a better direction.

Additionally, voting is not just about the presidential candidate.  It involves choosing representatives at various levels of government who can also influence the nation's course.  By participating in the election, you can help elect individuals who may better align with your values in other positions, as well as ideologies.

Remember that democracy thrives on the participation of its citizens. When faced with a choice between two flawed candidates, voting allows us to have a say in the direction of our country, even if it means opting for the lesser of two evils.

I've expressed my views, and now, I invite you to share yours. Are you willing to make a commitment to selecting what may be seen as the more preferable option among two imperfect choices?

1. TheShadowSpecter profile image84
      TheShadowSpecterposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Sharlee01?  What I'm about to say may sound a little bit harsh, but I'm going to say it anyhow.  My parents once told me that back when President John F. Kennedy was assassinated, many Americans cried.  Even some of the most solid Republican Americans were upset about President Kennedy's assassination, even though they didn't vote for him.  My mother has always been a Republican, and she was upset when she got the news about his assassination back in 1963.

On the other hand, if Joe Biden were to meet the same tragic fate as President Kennedy did, somehow I don't think anyone would be shedding tears for him.  Even the most diehard Democrats would not be expressing any pity for him.  And the Republicans and the Independents?  They would be saying, "Oh, no.  Now we're going to be stuck with Kamala Harris."

Don't get me wrong.  I would never wish something so horrible on anyone in The White House as what happened to President Kennedy back in 1963.  However, in view of all the problems that Joe Biden has caused our nation coupled with the frustration that he is running for reelection in spite of everything he has done to hurt our nation, I simply don't believe that anyone would ever see him as any major loss if he were to croak tomorrow. 

The best thing that Joe Biden could ever do for the American people at this point in time is resign from office.  Should he drop out of the 2024 presidential election?  My answer to that question is that he should never have run for president in 2020.  Unfortunately, his wife was too stupid to discourage him from doing so.

1. Ken Burgess profile image75
        Ken Burgessposted 7 months agoin reply to this

As I read in an article somewhere not too long ago, Biden is the one President in 40 years, that makes Democrats long for Jimmy Carter.

2. Sharlee01 profile image80
        Sharlee01posted 7 months agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing, not many have. Not sure what that says. I think your view is really honest right from the hip. As was Ken's post.

I agree with your sentiments --- and in regard to Jill Biden, she certainly should have discouraged him from running in 2020. She should be doing everything in her power to keep him out of the public eye, and discouraging him from running once again.  However, I believe Joe is senile and listens to no one anymore --- not even the ones that stuck him in the office -- he appears to have gone rogue.

3. Credence2 profile image77
        Credence2posted 7 months agoin reply to this

What I am going to say to you is just as harsh, Shadow.

I was a grade school lad on November 22, 1963, I lived through the events of that day first hand. Yes, we were all stunned, the events of that day changed the course of history giving a definition to what was known as the "turbulent sixties". There was nothing since Pearl Harbor in the past or 9-11 in the future that could compare with it.

It reveals a sort of callousness in your character to suggest that assassination of our Chief Executive would be a gift to any American citizen. I did not like Reagan's politics, but I still did not wish him ill after the attempted assassination on him in 1981. As a matter of fact, I admired his spunk and courage in the face of what had happened. When we lose our President in such a manner, we should all be shedding tears, as the worse should not be allowed to prevail over the best. Most decent Americans would mourn the passing of Joe Biden, particularly in such a manner. What you believe about Biden and whether his passing would be lamented is pure conjecture on your part.

Well, I don't care for Trump as the least palatable Republican ever to run for the office, but to assassinate him? I would rather see him in prison, or disqualified from being a candidate, rather than make a martyr of him. That is all we need.

But you overlooked something in my post.  I stated that:

"Don't get me wrong.  I would never wish something so horrible on anyone in The White House as what happened to President Kennedy back in 1963."

I wasn't talking about what I would want to see happen to Joe Biden.  I don't want anyone in The White House getting assassinated.  I was talking about all the negativity that I've witnessed unfold around me in the past three years.  Biden is the first president that I have ever seen have an inauguration day that had as tight military security as he did.  All of the preceding presidents were able to shake hands with people in the public at their inauguration.

Even when Biden was campaigning for president in 2015 and 2016, the security had difficulty controlling a group of people who were yelling hateful things to him from the audience on a number of occasions.  I later found out that these were not Trump supporters but rather former Biden supporters who were furious that he had failed to keep promises he made to them regarding immigration laws.

When Biden was first in the White House, the national guardsmen were doing their darndest to protect him, and he had the audacity and insensitivity to leave them sleeping in the underground parking lots in the bitter cold.  No other president would have treated the national guardsmen that way.

No, I wouldn't want Joe Biden to be assassinated, but I am not going to deny that he is someone who has lived more dangerously than any other occupant of the Oval Office that I have known.

1. Credence2 profile image77

Ok. Understood, Shadow.

I am not familiar with the examples and instances that you have mentioned here. It just that in contentious times  like these, I am more concerned about the President's security than I have ever been before.

2. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Enlightening! Good question!

First, it is a myth that choices are binary according to logic. It is known as the false dilemma. You pointed that out with the option to not vote, however there are always other parties, fortunately. Yet I, as you, believe that voting is the responsibility of citizens.

Today, I am befuddled frankly. With all that I have learned since 2015 after retiring with plenty of free time, I went on a great adventure of learning about government, governing, and the wild woolly game of politics as I see it. That includes history, philosophies, ideologies, as well as current issues. 

I am faced with the dilemmas between values, of which some have changed, principles, of which many were embedded throughout my life, beliefs while I take the perspective those are dynamic and not static, and my gut ‘feeling’, which could be construed as impacted mostly by emotion, and by all those thoughts running around haphazardly in the subconscious mind mixing it up between themselves.

One challenge I have is I have liberal views and conservative views. I have a longer history with conservatism than I do liberalism as far as my life journey goes. Currently I am an independent voter.

I will look long and hard at present-day issues while considering those views. It will be a challenge regarding what value to assign them to weigh it out. One factor I will consider is how well a candidate represents my concerns, values, etc.

Right now I am not enamored with Biden, Trump, or DeSantis. I have a liking for Haley while holding out hope. No matter what I will vote even if it is like I did in the last two elections. I wrote in Teddy Roosevelt.

In the past, I considered both job performance and values crucial when selecting a president. However, the current state of the country is so chaotic that I find myself caring very little about values this time. Unfortunately, our current predicament won't be resolved solely by adhering to values. Both candidates appear to have questionable values, creating a genuine dilemma. I never thought I'd be in such a predicament.

In my opinion, the presidency is a position of immense responsibility, requiring effective leadership and alignment with the electorate's values and concerns. Sadly, the current candidates fall short on both fronts. Biden's governance has been lacking, and our existing problems could worsen with another four years. Trump or another republican candidate may be an alternative, or perhaps a third-party candidate could emerge, which would be a welcome change. The Demacrats are very much unrecognizable to me as a party that follows or respects our Constitution.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
          Castlepalomaposted 7 months agoin reply to this

It's about 5 times per capita worst in Canada for over immigration. We have become one of the most expensive countries in the world. Building houses,  at a greater rate  in the 1970s than today. Now many immigrated go straight to homelessness tent cities.  Too bad my solutions of tiny villages and urban farming have been blocked. So they will have to eat cake

1. abwilliams profile image68
            abwilliamsposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Castle, long time, no see....words from you. smile Hope you are doing well!

Chainsaw carving is really doing well in custom wood carving orders. It won't be long, that Canadian will have to choose between a tiny house or a 15 minute city. Hope I don't have to get a gun. Working on a podcast called FearlessArts due to 50 years in the business.

How about yourself?

2. tsmog profile image84

I could wander quite a bit on what you shared, Sharlee. We are blessed, for what, the first time in history to be able to compare/contrast two actual presidents with their job performances, though Biden hasn't served a full term. That is one contributing factor to determining if to vote for one or the other. As you shared, for some it is enough. For others, it isn't.

An example is keeping a sharp eye on the economy not only through the macro experience, which is always debatable, but most voters look through the micro perspective. That, IMO, is not debatable. It is said a good percentage of everyday voters only remember the last six months leading up to voting. I am sure a long discussion, as in the past, could arrive with that.

As said, I am rooting for Haley. I appreciate her governance of South Carolina and as our ambassador to the United Nations. If by the graces of the cosmos she does make it to being the Republican candidate she has my vote at this time. However, the ebb and flow of things may alter that as time marches forward.

I also like Haley. I feel she would be an excellent president. I also feel she would win hands down. She is the entire package.

3. Credence2 profile image77

"I've expressed my views, and now, I invite you to share yours. Are you willing to make a commitment to selecting what may be seen as the more preferable option among two imperfect choices?"

Most certainly....

I give you credit... Not many but you and I have stepped up to share a view on yes, we would choose.  Even though that could be looked at as controversial.  You did not do a wonderful dance or recite a tarte salad of words.   Do you see why we get along, even though we stand on opposite sides of the divide?

I still hold out for a miracle, and that I am sent into research mode over two new candidates.  I can't see that the Democrats would ever accept it if Trump won, and we would have continued turmoil. I would trust Trump to be president once again. I think he did a good job.

Yes, we only fence and no one is supposed to get hurt.

I have no problems seeing Democrats accepting the result of elections. They did in 2000 and in 2016 when the electoral tallies were much more in contention between the two candidates then what they were in 2020. We won't agree as to the nature  the job Trump did while he was in office.

The problem is we cannot continue on with this level of incompetence in the Executive Office, I am not just talking about Biden, but the whole Administration.

All the wonderful social agendas and signaling aside that the Administration has done... we have three years of continued collapse within our cities, an escalating war, escalating immigration problems, escalating economic woes... to not see how terrible this Administration has been for the American people is to be wantonly blind to it.

Ken, we will let the voters decide in 2024, who and what is incompetent in regards to how things are managed in Washington, could you live with that?

I share your concerns, Ken. Enduring another four years under this administration seems challenging. I hope that the media will provide more footage, like the clip you shared from San Francisco, as it has opened my eyes to the severity of the situation. It's disheartening to witness parts of Philadelphia being looted and businesses vandalized. Unfortunately, it appears that some of these businesses may never recover, potentially leading to the transformation of certain areas into neglected slums.

Ideally, this kind of destruction should remain limited to cities with a Democratic leadership that has embraced and endorsed this mindset. It's possible that residents of these cities will eventually realize that they don't want to live in areas plagued by crime and abandoned neighborhoods that deteriorate into slums. In my view, they got what they voted for.

Despite the current circumstances, I maintain my faith that the majority of the US population will vote for change in the 2024 elections and bring a new administration to power.

4. abwilliams profile image68

No dilemma for me, Trump all the way!
      The D.C. swamp hasn't convinced me that he is the problem and not them!!
      Let's get him back in there, conducting business and doing  the work of the American people. Putting this Nation at the top once again!
      Love him, hate him - he gets things done which benefit this Nation and us!

Biden hasn't been involved; he wasn't involved in any campaign and he has remained uninvolved...President or not! He has managed to screw things up though, by following the whims of his advisors. Whomever is telling him to get off the stage quickly; he is always afraid he will get in trouble with someone!
      Oh my!

Plus, it is all coming out, the Cinderella story of Joe Biden, from lowly politics to a multi-millionaire, "the big guy" is in deep, deep doodoo, whether he realizes it or not.

The interesting thing is that despite that President Trump has not appeared at either of the two Republican debates, he is still far ahead of his competitors for the Republic nomination.  However unconventional or conventional he may be in handling his presidential campaign, all I can say that he must be doing something right in running for president.  The other night the polls indicated that he was tied with Joe Biden.  Let's cross our fingers that he gets ahead of him and creams him in the 2024 election.

1. abwilliams profile image68

That goes without saying, but TIED...with Joe Biden!?!
          How? Why? Trump would be more than happy to debate Joe Biden, but I don't see that happening.

US elections 2024
          Poll showing Trump up 10 points over Biden for 2024 election criticized
          A Washington Post-ABC poll showed results that diverge from most other surveys, and even the pollsters issued a caveat

I might think it might be even higher due to this poll being conducted by far left WAPO.

TheShadowSpecterposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Let's hope that President Trump keeps getting further ahead of Joe Biden in the polls.  Maybe Joe Biden will wake up and do the smart thing and resign from office.  Of course, if he did, I'd want him to take Kamala Harris with him when he leaves.

Sharlee01posted 6 months agoin reply to this

I am so hoping Biden steps away gracefully. I just do not find he is fit in any respect to be president.

Ken Burgessposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Better chance he will start WWIII than give up the power he has pursued his whole life.

2. Ken Burgess profile image75
    Ken Burgessposted 7 months ago

Whelp, the best you can do is prioritize the issues and then identify how the two options will most likely address them.

If you do that, the choices can become easier to make.

For me it goes something like this:

1) Avoid WWIII - normalize relations with Russia.

2) Avoid Economic Collapse - normalize relations with those nations that can best help us with that (IE - Russia, Saudi Arabia, etc.)

3) Protect Children from Predators - This includes predatory psychologists and doctors that would aid minors in being permanently mutilated; as well as the normalization of pedophilia (IE - MAPs).

So for me if it comes down to those two as our options, it is a no brainer.

Thank you Ken for adding your comment. Your issues are on my list.  I could add so many more issues I myself have considered.  Yes, I agree it is a no-brainer.  I hope more will share their thoughts on this issue.

Another good watch from Tucker:

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/statu … 4588791862

As I said, they will strip Trump from the ballots, they will not allow Americans to choose him as President.  Interesting.

I predicted this 3 years ago, Democracy my arse.

2. TheShadowSpecter profile image84
      TheShadowSpecterposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Ken?  As far as your first two talking points are concerned, I'm on board with you on them.  As far as your third talking point is concerned, well, I believe the United States can start protecting children from predators by eliminating parental testamentary freedom.  I don't believe that any father who beats or molests his 7-year-old daughter should have the right to cut her out of his will under any circumstances. The fact that parents can disinherit their own children in most state jurisdictions of our nation is disgusting.

As for your point about the normalization of pedophilia, well, let me just say this.  Whenever discussing the topic of pedophilia, I always adhere to how the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition ("DSM-5") defines it, because I don't want to fall into the same predicament as Elon Musk.  Someone sued him for accusing them of being a pedophile, based upon the premise that he took writer's license with the definition of that same term in a shaming manner.

I find way too many people using the terms “pedophile” and “pedophilia” as misnomers to describe situations that have nothing to do with that same paraphilia.  Perhaps it is because our nation is sadly confronted with a 14-percent illiteracy rate.  Who can really say?

I avoid using the term "MAP" or "MAPS" altogether, because it promotes the idea of fake pedophilia.  Kamala Harris even had a field day with it once back when she was the Attorney General of California.  In any event, I agree with you on most of what you stated in your post.

The point regarding #3 is that we have and Administration that is supporting and propagating the idea that it is OK for minors to have sex changes, and to a lesser degree, trying to take away the stigma attached to Pedophilia.

https://capitalresearch.org/article/bid … genderism/

You either support it, or you don't.

#1, #2, #3 those are my priorities and that will dictate who I support.

In the larger scheme, I also know the Biden Administration is fully on board with UN Agenda 2030 and the WEF's Great Reset, right along with Canada's Trudeau and EU's Brussels.

The effort to create a one world government, ruled by an unelected technocratic "elite" is very real.

World Economic Forum founder, Klaus Schwab, declared:
        "[a globalized world is best managed by a] self-selected coalition of multinational corporations, governments (including through the UN system), and select civil society organizations."

"[Governments are no longer] the overwhelmingly dominant actors on the world stage [and] the time has come for a new stakeholder paradigm of international governance."

https://www.weforum.org/partners

https://www.weforum.org/communities/glo … e-councils

World Economic Forum and UN Sign Strategic Partnership Framework

https://www.weforum.org/press/2019/06/w … -framework

You either support the idea of a Borderless World, a world run by Corporations, Institutions and Trillionaires in which the common man has no vote, no say, and a limited ability to control one's destiny, or you do not.

You either want a Nation, with a Constitution that guarantees you certain unalienable rights, or you want Global Governance that will prioritize the desires and determinations of the few, the elites, over the many.

I would say that 99% of Americans are clueless to what is really going on, have no idea what UN Agenda 2030 or the WEF is, or that the leaders they have today running the Nation are doing everything in their power to ensure that it comes to pass.

3. Ken Burgess profile image75
    Ken Burgessposted 7 months ago

This is must watch... Carlson interviewing O'Rielly... lots of interesting insight into Trump and Biden.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/statu … 8861229467

1. tsmog profile image84

A heads up. For me I get a 'This page is down' message. I am interested in the interview.

Watched -- pure truth. Hopefully, more here will take the time and watch.

1. tsmog profile image84

Thanks for the heads up the link is working now. Watched it and am impressed with what O'Reilly shared.

I've consistently appreciated Bill O'Reilly for his straightforward approach and his adept use of common-sense analogies.

4. abwilliams profile image68
    abwilliamsposted 7 months ago

But, do they learn Sharlee? I think many have resigned themselves to accept these conditions in their cities. When they go to vote (if they go to vote) they look for a familiar name or the (D) and go with that person. Therefore, nothing ever changes for them for the better, it only gets worse! It's the craziest thing to me!

History suggests that learning from past mistakes may not be a strong suit in this context. However, I implore and hope you will consider the following questions: Have we ever before witnessed such turmoil emanating from the White House and its administration? Have we observed such a deliberate effort to deviate from democratic principles? Has there ever been such a war on values, where what was once deemed good is now considered bad?

Furthermore, have we ever encountered such blatant lies? For instance, the assertion that our borders are closed while the administration expedites the processing of illegal migrants with increased staffing. Or the claim that our economy is thriving when we're experiencing rising costs across the board. Additionally, the assurance that it's safe to establish battery plants and mine corrosive minerals that could harm our environment, all in the name of our well-being. The list goes on. This bunch lies openly, and often.

Considering these many concerns, do you believe that Americans will eventually recognize what is plainly before them? I have maintained faith in the American mindset, and I sense a growing awakening to the myriad schemes and lies that have unfolded. My observation of polls indicates that more and more people are starting to face the truth that's right in front of them, giving me hope for the future.

1. Crmagoo profile image60
        Crmagooposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Good Day,  I would like to enter additional fact in response to the posting.
        The Biden administration’s new immigration policy has drastically reduced the number of migrants allowed to apply for asylum at the border. They have not in any manner whatsoever been expedited . This is very much patently false.

Since the start of what is known as “asylum ineligibility,” only 46% of single adult migrants who have crossed the southern border have been allowed to claim asylum, compared to 83% from 2014 to 2019. This is stated and referenced in the  court filing.  The same case on which will send Biden's rules that violate code 1158 to the Supreme Court.  Biden's restriction on asylum violates federal law and the international obligations of the U.S.  The feeling among advocacy groups such as mine is that we will see the permanent strike down of these rules.
        I am no stranger to the anti-immigrant sentiments of some within the country but Biden still must follow the laws.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 7 months agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, the whole concept of asylum has been turned into a joke by those training illegal aliens to speak the magic words upon entering.  It is only a tiny fraction of those people that are actually eligible for asylum, so the rest are simply supported on the American dime until the years long backlog of fraudulent claims can be cleared.

We need to change that, but until it happens something else must change.  If that means that the letter of the law is ignored in favor of the intent then so be it.

To quote a man smarter than me:

"Illegal immigration needs to stop, but I’m super in favor of greatly expanding and simplifying legal immigration.

Anyone who proves themself to be hard-working, talented and honest should be allowed to become an American. Period."

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
              Kathryn L Hillposted 7 months agoin reply to this

~ but "expanding and simplifying legal immigration " is not an aspect of he current dilemma.

I believe you are right up there with Elon...  You indeed share some of his perfect common sense and are quick on your feet.

Vivek Ramaswamy is smarter than Biden and Trump combined.  for these kind of answers.  Yet The powers to be, are not looking to select well rounded and solid president like him.

I find Vivek very intelligent, very transparent, and unafraid to share his truth. He has done his homework on what needs fixing in America. I like the fact he is young, and he seems to have good common sense, which I highly respect. I would have no problem voting for Vivek. I also like Haley, and DeSantis, the rest I am hoping fall away. These three are American first candidates. I am down with America first at that time in the growth of our nation.

2. Credence2 profile image77

Are you kidding? He wants the raise the national voting age to 25, that has got to be dead on arrival. I don't think younger voters will  appreciate his desire to disenfranchise them.

2. abwilliams profile image68

I like Vivek, would love to see him as Trump's second.
                  But, for me, it has to be Trump for 4 more; he was robbed and he was cheated, but it's not about revenge.
                  It is because he can get things done, in record time and get us back on the right path.

I won't depend on that America dream, until I see it.

5. Crmagoo profile image60
    Crmagooposted 7 months ago

Greetings all, a curious thought. Do you trust a man at the helm of the world's largest economy when he has been found guilty of repeatedly violating fraud laws in relation to his business?

Well, he did a great job the first time around.  Why would anything of voting for a man that set this country into a long inflationary period, that we are not about to get out of fast? Please don't quote me the inflation rate. I can show you all the increases I personally endured monthly, for over two and a half years now.  So please do not attempt to put lipstick on a pig.

I had a moment of insight, allow me to share it:

No one who was going to vote for Trump, or even would consider voting for Trump is going to care if he is convicted on any or all of the charges he is facing.... if anything it just proves how corrupt the system has become to them.

Trump has always been the anti-establishment candidate... the DRAIN THE SWAMP candidate... from firing FBI chiefs to calling out the "fake news".

Considering that, no amount of guilty verdicts will change the minds of those 71 million voters who voted for Trump in 2020.

What remains to be seen is how many millions now look at Biden and Harris and see the disaster they have been.

How many have been shocked by their Transgender protections?

How many have been shocked by the full assault on children?

How many are alarmed by the millions of migrants pouring in?

How many fear the possibility of WWIII and the horrors going to war with Russia could bring?

How many MILLIONS of voters would now vote for ANYONE to be rid of Biden and Harris?

I'd be willing to bet it's a lot.

Great point and recent polls indicate that a significant majority of people are disillusioned not only with Biden/Harris but with the entire Democratic party. Their ideologies, in my view, are unAmerican and harmful to the nation's fabric.

I foresee more challenges ahead for Joe Biden. The economy's struggles are affecting the majority of Americans, and immigration issues are particularly impacting blue states due to their policies of offering sanctuary and other benefits. Many blue cities are grappling with high levels of crime, homelessness, and an influx of migrants. It's becoming increasingly evident that his mental health is deteriorating, and more citizens are becoming critical of his views on gender-related matters. Moreover, he has alienated many parents with his actions.

Ken, it's like the final straw is that he seems to be plagued by bad karma. It's possible that he has faced negative karma throughout his entire life.

6. Credence2 profile image77
    Credence2posted 7 months ago

OReilly and Carlson, two rightwing ditto heads sharing idle banter. I will simply change the channel.

7. Ken Burgess profile image75
    Ken Burgessposted 6 months ago

Some things to consider...

First, the US is not a true Democracy.

The closest country to a true Democracy is Switzerland.

The citizens there actually vote on legislation.

What we have in America purports to be a Representative Democracy.

You don't get to vote on legislation, you get to vote on someone to represent you, who votes on, writes, amends legislation.

That's called a republic.

I wouldn't even call it that, not even a republic today, because so much of government is assigned by representatives (Congress or the Executive Office), and those assigned positions stay in power long after those voted into office have gone.

Are you really able to vote for a Representative?

Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell, Biden... how many decades have they been powerbrokers in DC... 3 decades... 4 decades... doesn't seem like people have been able to vote for much change, though it seems they have been wanting serious change for decades now.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)