Trump's Strategy as a Master-Con Artist. Deny, Attack, Play Victim.

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (40 posts)
  1. peoplepower73 profile image90
    peoplepower73posted 2 months ago

I believe Trump is a master- con artist. I have thought this for a long time. When Trump's cons are revealed, he first denies that he had anything to do with the con and is innocent. Then he will attack the revealers, and then he will reverse roles with them. He will then become the victim and he will contrive to make them the attacker.  He has used this pattern successfully for years to get himself out of jams that he has created.

Jennifer Freyd, now professor emerita of psychology at the University of Oregon, developed the theory over her career studying sexual assault, trauma and institutional betrayal. She named the process by which the perpetrator seeks to avoid accountability Darvo – a strategy with the elements of denial, attack, and reversal of victim and offender.

“I named the idea in the 1990s,” Freyd told me. “People can deny an accusation without resorting to Darvo. Why not just say, ‘I’m disturbed by what you’re saying, it doesn’t comport with what I remember, these are important issues, I want to understand.’ You can stick to a firm denial without being a victim. But the viciousness of the attack is intended to be silencing.”

Freyd observes, “The people who use Darvo are different from the people who don’t … It’s a red flag.”

Trump’s behavior in the E Jean Carroll case has been a classic exhibit. The defamation case was brought after Trump said she was “totally lying”, explaining that “she’s not my type”, about her description of his sexual assault of her in a book and a New York magazine article. He issued a formal statement from the White House on 19 July 2019: “If anyone has information that the Democratic Party is working with Ms Carroll or New York magazine, please notify us as soon as possible. The world should know what’s really going on. It is a disgrace, and people should pay dearly for such false accusations.”

All the elements of Darvo, his familiar pattern, were present in his deflection. He denied the incident occurred: “I’ve never met this person in my life.” He attacked her: “Shame on those who make up false stories of assault to try to get publicity for themselves or sell a book or carry out a political agenda.” And he turned the tables to make himself the victim and her the aggressor deserving of punishment: “people should pay dearly for such false accusations”.

In the first defamation trial in 2023, Judge Lewis Kaplan declared that based on the jury’s deliberations Trump had defamed her and committed rape. “… Mr Trump ‘raped’ her as many people commonly understand the word ‘rape’”, he stated. “Indeed, as the evidence at trial recounted below makes clear, the jury found that Mr Trump in fact did exactly that.”

The jury awarded Carroll $5m. Trump appeared on CNN the day after the judgment to call the decision “fake news” and her a “whack job”. She amended her defamation lawsuit.

During the second trial, Trump inevitably repeated this pattern. First, he denied the accusation. “She said that I did something to her that never took place,” he testified in a deposition. “There was no anything.” Then, he attacked her: “I know nothing about this nutjob.” Then, he made himself her victim: “She’s accusing me of rape, a woman that I have no idea who she is.” Then, he called her “sick, mentally sick” and labeled her attorney Roberta Kaplan “a political operative”. They had connived for ulterior motives to hurt him.

Then, he lied about an interview she had given, to claim that – even if he never knew her and the event never took place – she said she enjoyed being sexually assaulted by him. “She actually indicated that she loved it. Okay? She loved it until commercial break,” Trump said. “In fact, I think she said it was sexy, didn’t she? She said it was very sexy to be raped. Didn’t she say that?”

In the second defamation trial, the jury delivered a judgment of $83.3m in damages against Trump.

There’s a method to Trump’s madness. The madness is the method – and the method is the madness. It’s more than his malignant narcissism. It’s more than his relentless lying. Conscious or unconscious, it is his invariable reflexive response to the danger of being held responsible for his misdeeds and crimes. Its roots lie in the model of his brutish father. Upon that foundation he added the vicious counsel of Roy Cohn to attack anyone suing him in order to raise the personal cost for his victims, drain them of resources and delay the courts.

But Trump’s instinctive reliance on Darvo goes beyond the mean-spirited tactics he learned from Cohn. Those lessons settled long ago into his pathology, becoming something more pervasive, systematic and fundamental, defining Trump’s behavior in every area of his life. The pattern is written all over Trump’s rap sheet of adjudicated and alleged sexual violence. Dozens of women have come forward by name to accuse him of assault and rape. His malicious insults of women are legion.

He responds to all of his accusers using the Darvo playbook. “Every woman lied when they came forward to hurt my campaign,” he said in 2016. “Total fabrication. The events never happened. Never. All of these liars will be sued after the election is over.” Again, he was the victim, they were the aggressors. He threatened them in order to silence them.

Though Trump ranks among the greatest living specimens of misogyny, his Darvo blame-casting extends to foes of any gender in every one of his conflicts. Trump’s syndrome has become the core of his politics. Just as he is the Maga icon, even exalted as a god, his derangement is the golden calf for his followers. They worship by imitation. His gaslighting about his sexual violence has morphed into the essence of his pseudo-ideology of a debauched party.

The Trump Republicans, apologizing for him, twist their arguments into the Darvo template. In the Republican-dominated House of Representatives, the weaponization committee has institutionalized a warped Darvo construct in its projections on the cave wall of conspiracies and enemies. One day, the FBI is the culprit victimizing Trump; the next, Taylor Swift.

In case after case, Trump applies the blueprint. His closing statement at his New York fraud trial on 12 January was definitive in his application of the complete features of Darvo. He raced back and forth from denial, to attack, to reversal of victim and offender. “This is a political witch hunt that was set aside by – should be set aside. We should receive damages for what we’ve gone through, for what they’ve taken this company through.” He was the victim.

The one bringing the case, Letitia James, the New York attorney general, was the assailant. “We have a situation where I’m an innocent man,” Trump said. “I’ve been persecuted by somebody running for office … they want to make sure that I don’t win again, that this is partially election interference. But, in particular, the person in the room right now hates Trump and uses Trump to get elected.”

Trump, on trial for financial fraud, flipped the narrative. “This is no fraud. This is a fraud on me.” Then, he baited Judge Arthur Engoron. “I know this is boring you.”

“One minute, Mr Trump,” said the judge.

“You can’t listen for more than one minute,” Trump shot back. “This has been a persecution of somebody that’s done a good job in New York.”

“Please control your client,” the judge told Trump’s lawyer.

“Your Honor, look, I did nothing wrong,” said Trump. “They should pay me for what we had to go through.”

Trump’s harangue in the Manhattan courtroom was just the latest variation on his themes. After the FBI seized boxes of classified documents, including national security secrets, that Trump took to Mar-a-Lago, for which he has been charged with 41 felonies, Trump let loose on 8 August 2022 with a vehement Darvo defense. His “beautiful home” was “under siege” from “FBI agents”, in “an attack from Radical Left Democrats”.

Never describing the reason for the seizure of documents, he literally spelled out his technique of sleight-of-hand reversal. “What is the difference between this and Watergate, where operatives broke into the Democrat National Committee? Here, in reverse, Democrats broke into the home of the 45th President of the United States.”

This outrage, according to Trump, was the culmination of his mistreatment – at least until the next one. “The political persecution of President Donald J Trump has been going on for years,” he said, speaking of himself in the third person, “with the now fully debunked Russia, Russia, Russia Scam, Impeachment Hoax No 1, Impeachment Hoax No 2, and so much more, it just never ends. It is political targeting at the highest level!” Then, he attacked Hillary Clinton. “Absolutely nothing has happened to hold her accountable.”

Trump’s language in his Darvo screed about the documents he had secreted at Mar-a-Lago was a replica of his most historic speech. In his rant on January 6th to the assembled mob ready to march on the Capitol, he presented himself as the victim in almost exactly the same words.

“All of us here today do not want to see our election victory stolen by emboldened radical-left Democrats, which is what they’re doing. And stolen by the fake news media … You don’t concede when there’s theft involved … We will stop the steal.”

He turned Mike Pence, his vice-president, into an enemy, mentioning his name seven times. The gallows were already being constructed in front of the Capitol, yet Trump and his mob were the ones being intimidated and silenced. “We will not let them silence your voices.” The media was “the enemy of the people”.

In the midst of his recital of the “pure theft” of the election, he managed to find a way to insert a graceless note of misogyny, exactly as he would after the Mar-a-Lago seizure, a non sequitur explicable by the perverse logic of Darvo. “And the only unhappy person in the United States, single most unhappy, is Hillary Clinton.” Then, he told the mob to go “fight” at the Capitol.

“Darvo works,” Freyd told me. “There are two ways it works. One is on the victim, who is attacked. Darvo leads to self-blame, which leads to self-silencing. It’s effective in that it increases power over the victim. The other way is that it damages the credibility of the victim. When we introduce Darvo into the experiment, for the participant who doesn’t know about it, blame is reduced on the perpetrator. Darvo hurts the victim more. It tarnishes more the person who is the target of Darvo.”

But Freyd also says that her research shows that when people are made aware of the nature of Darvo beforehand, it has a diminished effect. “The one hope is that when they know about it, they are less susceptible to it as a defense.” She concludes: “It would make a difference to identify the strategy and call it out. Normalizing Darvo is colluding and harmful.”

Trump’s campaign themes largely consist of his defenses, which are adaptations of Darvo. He denies all the accusations. A majority of Republicans believe he is falsely charged. He attacks a host of enemies from E Jean Carroll to Jack Smith, from the judges to their clerks. He is the victim. They are the offenders. Darvo is his shield of innocence.

“Are you thinking of trying to use campaign funds to pay some of the penalties?” a reporter asked Trump after it was disclosed that he had spent $50m in donor money on lawyers’ fees in 2023.

“What penalties?” Trump answered.

“In the New York fraud case and the defamation case.”

“I didn’t do anything wrong,” Trump said. “I mean, that’s been proven as far as I’m concerned.”

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
      Kathleen Cochranposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Thank you for all his documentation. If only facts changed minds . . .

2. Sharlee01 profile image79
    Sharlee01posted 2 months ago

PeoplePower ---   First, thanks for posting a new thread...

You've invested considerable effort and research into your commentary, highlighting a thoughtful analysis of your perspective. However, after engaging with the opinion piece, I find myself somewhat unclear about your specific objectives. Is your comment primarily political, aiming to understand the reasons behind supporting Trump? Or is it focused on highlighting Trump's tendency to make controversial statements and decisions? Your comprehensive list of Trump's challenges, both legal and personal, raises the question of what kind of responses or insights you are seeking from readers.

peoplepower73posted 2 months agoin reply to this

Sharlee::  My objective is to educate those who don't know or realize how Trump gets himself out of trouble by using a specific strategy that he has used for years. If one watches the real news instead of Fox and MAGA news. They will see his strategy in action.

What the psychologist has presented is indisputable/verifiable examples of Trump's strategic pattern of denial, attacking the opposition and then role reversal to make him the victim and the opposition the bad guy. First, he will say he is innocent of all charges by lying, then he will attack and then he will play the injured one. 

What you are calling a tendency for Trump to make "controversial statements and decisions" is the Darvo strategy.  You have rationalized his strategy into something that is benign, and it really isn't.  It is very powerful and dangerous to society and the democracy of this country. Jan. 6 and the possession of classified documents is evidence of his strategy.  He will probably never be charged for them, but that does not make him innocent.

I have always called Trump a master-con artist.  I have studied them and that is precisely what they do when they have been caught in their con.  If you couple that with what many psychologists claim he is suffering from, malignant narcissism and sociopathic lying, you end up with a sick puppy who wants to run our country. In his four years in office, he has lied over 30,000 documented times and he continues to lie until this day.  The foundation of his strategy and platform is to lie.

The 8.3 mil that he has to pay for not being able to keep his mouth shut during the trial shows how impulsive and petulant he can be when stressed.  I don't want him anywhere near a missile launch button.

Might I ask what did you think of the article? I know this article is not important to Trump supporters. They are more concerned about the border and the economy, but this has to do with character, justice, and accountability of wrong doings of a candidate running for office.

1. Sharlee01 profile image79
        Sharlee01posted 2 months agoin reply to this

I understand your perspective on how Trump handles issues in his life, drawing parallels to the Darvo theory discussed by Ms. Freyd in her study. Trump's pattern of denial, blame-shifting, and assuming the victim role does seem to align with the Darvo concept. While I acknowledge witnessing Trump using these tools, I also question the validity of passing judgment from a distance without substantial evidence.

I might highlight the relevance of evaluating those closest to Trump for a more comprehensive understanding of his behavior, considering the potential influence of his upbringing. The connection between Trump's actions and the Darvo theory is exemplified in the E Jean Carroll case, where his behavior aligns with the theory very closely.

I have reservations about commenting on Trump's childhood or family relationships, acknowledging the complexity of such factors would be hard as a stranger.  You mention that there were other rape accusations.  I am not aware of any other rape accusations against him but that of Ms. Carrolll.  I do acknowledge I have read about numerous allegations of sexual misbehavior.

The article and study are intriguing, and I see the importance of considering her information within the context of sexual abuse. Despite acknowledging Trump's potential use of these psychological tools,  I remain cautious about concluding without a more intimate understanding of his personal life.  I think those closest to him could share their perspective on his personality, and characteristics.

You have most certainly offered very important food for thought.

"I think those closest to him could share their perspective on his personality, and characteristics."

They have. His niece, former chiefs of staff, cabinet members, almost anyone who has ever worked for him. Those who know him best have provided the most dire warnings about him.

Yes, I agree many have shared their opinions on what they experienced dealing with Trump.  As I shared with People, I see that Trump does likely use the tools from Darvos.   I remain cautious about concluding without a more intimate understanding of his personal life. I fear sitting in judgment over another.

Sharlee:  You asked for it and here it is:

Trump's niece, Mary Trump, who is a practicing clinical psychologist, has written two books about her uncle.

(1)Too Much and Never Enough; How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man

(2) The Reckoning: Our Nation's Trauma and Finding a Way to Heal.

I read (1), but I have not read (2).  I also read Trump's Art of the Deal. There is one section in the book that is burnt in my memory and sums up a typical Trump con.

Trump was supposed to meet with a group of financiers on a property which he was supposed to be developing. The plan was, they were to meet him at the property to check on the progress before they sealed the deal. It turns out it was a dirt lot where nothing had been done...no progress...zip...nada

In a panic, he told his staff to rent earth moving equipment and operators and have them working on the property before the group gets there.

When the group arrived, they saw there was a lot of activity with heavy equipment operators.  One of the people asked Trump, why are some guys digging holes and others are burying the same holes ? Trump never answered him.  Instead, he distracted him and he ending up getting the money. It was an illusion.

Here is a review of Mary Trump's Book..

In this revelatory, authoritative portrait of Donald J. Trump and the toxic family that made him, Mary L. Trump, a trained clinical psychologist, and Donald’s only niece, shines a bright light on the dark history of their family in order to explain how her uncle became the man who now threatens the world’s health, economic security, and social fabric.

Mary Trump spent much of her childhood in her grandparents’ large, imposing house in the heart of Queens, New York, where Donald and his four siblings grew up. She describes a nightmare of traumas, destructive relationships, and a tragic combination of neglect and abuse. She explains how specific events and general family patterns created the damaged man who currently occupies the Oval Office, including the strange and harmful relationship between Fred Trump and his two oldest sons, Fred Jr. and Donald.

A firsthand witness to countless holiday meals and interactions, Mary brings an incisive wit and unexpected humor to sometimes grim, often confounding family events. She recounts in unsparing detail everything from her uncle Donald’s place in the family spotlight and Ivana’s penchant for regifting to her grandmother’s frequent injuries and illnesses and the appalling way Donald, Fred Trump’s favorite son, dismissed and derided him when he began to succumb to Alzheimer’s.

Numerous pundits, armchair psychologists, and journalists have sought to parse Donald J. Trump’s lethal flaws. Mary L. Trump has the education, insight, and intimate familiarity needed to reveal what makes Donald, and the rest of her clan, tick. She alone can recount this fascinating, unnerving saga, not just because of her insider’s perspective but also because she is the only Trump willing to tell the truth about one of the world’s most powerful and dysfunctional families.

Here is a PBS Frontline interview with Tony Schwartz the Author of Trump's Art of the Deal book.  It's quite long, but it will give you a good understanding of what working with Trump is really like.

It also describes his relationship with Roy Cohn an unscrupulous lawyer who represented Senator Joseph McCarthy. Cohn  taught Trump how to deny, deceive, and distract when caught doing something underhanded. He said, "no matter how deep you get in the muck, deny and counter sue. Until this day that is exactly what Trump does.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/inte … -schwartz/

It seems like we're revisiting the same points in our discussion. I completely align with your perspectives on Trump's personality traits and appreciate the insights from Ms. Freyd's study. I previously mentioned my resonance with her theories, especially given my work with rape victims.

However, I'm uncertain about the specific direction you're seeking in our debate or exchange of views on the subject. If you could provide clarity.

Sharlee:  This is what you said:  "I remain cautious about concluding without a more intimate understanding of his personal life. I fear sitting in judgment over another."

My reply gives you a more intimate understanding of Trump's personal life.  Whether you accept it or not is your prerogative. It gives the basis for the way I feel about Trump. I would venture to say we were raised to tell the truth, not lie at every chance we get to manipulate others.

I get it, you place your perceived performance of Trump above his immorality and unethical behavior, even though, you acknowledge he has those traits in spades. I on the other hand, believe that truthfulness, morality, and ethics are the bedrock of governance, albeit, no one is perfect.  That is why I feel that I should uncover Trump and present him for what he really is a master con-artist, who suffers from malignant narcissisms as a result of his disturbed childhood and what he has learned from his mentor, Roy Cohn. 

In my comments, I have given you the rational to support my sentiment about Trump. I hope that gives some clarity to what you requested for our "debate and exchange"

Mike.

It appears you prioritize truthfulness, morality, and ethics in governance over any positive political performance by Trump. Your commitment to these values is admirable,  putting principles ahead of political considerations. I commend your openness to engaging in respectful discussions and understanding differing viewpoints. Again, I commend you for sharing your good values.

Personally, I've found it challenging to intertwine my values with political matters, possibly stemming from years of observing politics and realizing that being a president involves more than just possessing good character. My greatest disappointment lies in the difficulty of presenting candidates who not only excel in their job but also demonstrate admirable moral fortitude.

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image77

"I fear sitting in judgment over another."

It is our responsibility as voters.

Selecting representatives, from local to federal levels, carries significant responsibility, and the decision-making process has grown more complex in recent decades. Government transparency has increased, shedding light on various factors influencing our choices. The upcoming 2024 presidential election exemplifies this challenge.

In my evaluation, both candidates exhibit flaws, necessitating a careful consideration of the pros and cons. My approach involves assessing their job performances and their impact on both my life and the nation. While emotions and personal values could sway my decision, I prioritize an objective evaluation of their problem-solving abilities.

Despite the potential for emotional judgments based on character, I strive to maintain a serious and responsible stance in my decision-making. My focus lies in identifying a president with superior problem-solving skills, someone I believe can adeptly handle the challenges of the role. In this instance, I acknowledge the imperfections of both candidates but lean towards the one I perceive as possessing stronger job skills and a more effective approach to problem-solving. 

I feel political conditions warrant a pros and cons list.

3. Valeant profile image85
    Valeantposted 2 months ago

It's not fear, as MAGA has sat in judgement and decided to set aside all of those who have known the man and are telling everyone he should not be reelected to public office.  The justification is policy based, despite a few other options that were in the race that shared very similar policy positions.  Despite other viable options with the same policy objectives, MAGA has decided on Trump. 

MAGA is willing to set aside a finding of rape by the courts, the very clear evidence of his obstruction of justice in trying to hoard our nation's secrets when he had zero right to them after leaving office, and ignore that he used many illegal tactics to try and overturn an election he lost.  Let alone setting aside any of his policies that led to a disaster by the end of his term - such as adding record debt to the nation and take a 4.2% unemployment rate and move it to 6.3%.

MAGA has been trained to dismiss any of the man's negatives and rewrite history so the cult leader does not bear any responsibilities for his failures.  It's why many Americans do not see the movement as a legitimate option for governance as it does not exist in the same realm of reality as everyone else.  It borders on mass delusion, in my opinion, with multiple examples of Trump convincing his supporters to believe things just not true (election fraud, that his 2016 campaign did not collude with Russia, every defense to him hoarding classified information, that his economy was any better than Obama's). 

That people are choosing to be deluded baffles sane Americans and why they see the movement as a danger, because of what they can convinced of, and what they are willing to do (January 6, FBI office in Cincinnati, El Paso and Buffalo mass shootings) in the name of those delusions.

As a MAGA supporter, I see an alternative view that might argue that MAGA's support for Trump is rooted in a belief in his policy agenda and a rejection of what they perceive as a political establishment disconnected from the concerns of everyday Americans. Supporters are individuals and might assert that while they acknowledge flaws in Trump's character, they prioritize policy outcomes over personal conduct. Additionally, I  could argue that some of the allegations raised against Trump lack conclusive evidence or have been politically motivated.

Furthermore, critics of the criticism might argue that attributing the movement to mass delusion truely works to oversimplify the diverse motivations of its supporters. It could be argued that Trump's appeal stems from a perceived outsider status, economic policies, or a rejection of political correctness. While acknowledging the existence of fervent supporters, it might be suggested that characterizing the entire movement as delusional overlooks the varied reasons people align with MAGA.

MAGA certainly has taken hold and has enormous support.
      So, is it fair to portray the MAGA movement as dangerously deluded, willing to overlook serious flaws, and engage in actions that are perceived as harmful? An alternative perspective would argue that the movement represents a diverse group with legitimate policy concerns, and attributing its support solely to delusion oversimplifies the complex dynamics at play. Can you overlook a large segment of our population that supports MAGA concepts?

"So, is it fair to portray the MAGA movement as dangerously deluded, willing to overlook serious flaws, and engage in actions that are perceived as harmful?"

Ah, yes. It is not only fair. It is reasonable and responsible.

Noted your view. Thanks for sharing

Here is another Trump illusion.  After Biden visited a UAW auto plant in Michigan, Trump rents a facility in Michigan for $20,000 to hold a fake UAW meeting with fake members with fake signs.

It makes no difference to Trump whether his scam is discovered or not, he just loves to see and here his name in the news.  Yes, he is a great problem solver, even when the solution is fake.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics … &ei=13

1. Valeant profile image85
              Valeantposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Yeah, likely reason why he lost the UAW endorsement, they saw right through his BS.

This report is intriguing, but despite my efforts, I haven't come across any substantial information on this story. Despite residing in Michigan and typically staying informed about local news, I couldn't find much notable media coverage of this event.  Additionally, the link you provided doesn't offer any identifiable names of the journalist who broke the story. Rachel Maddow's report about finance filings showing Trump's payment of $20,000 to the nonunion auto parts plant for staging the event appears well-substantiated with documents. However, she doesn't provide specific names in her report. If there's any verification of the individuals involved that supports her claims, I'm yet to come across it. I did find this article on the event. that offers an account of the event ---    seemed to be an unbiased account of the event.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ … 960155007/

Here are the names of the journalist that broke the story. Does this give the story any more credibility for you? I guess it's not good enough that Trump ran a con at a non-union place with non-union workers holding fake union signs. He even had to rent the facility for 20 grand.

Here are the names of the journalists who broke the story about Trump holding a rally at Drake Enterprises:

Khaleda Rahman, a senior news reporter for Newsweek

Erin Marquis, a news editor for Jalopnik

Mitch Hotts, a multimedia journalist for The Macomb Daily

Melissa Nann Burke, a Washington correspondent for The Detroit News

These journalists reported on various aspects of the event, such as the location, the audience, the speech, and the reactions.

I am acquainted with Mitch Hotts, he lives in my community. Here is the article he wrote. 
                  https://www.macombdaily.com/2023/09/27/ … y-instead/

I am not disputing Trump held some form of rally where it is apparent he paid rent for the space --- I question that Masdow's report mentions no sources, only an unsubstantiated report. I have now had a look at several articles about that rally, none make mention of the claims Madow has shared.  I think when someone chooses to report or print a quote they need to add a name. I have come to very much distrust reports where one shares a narrative without sources.

The link you posted requires a subscription and I'm not going to subscribe to it, just to read one article.  Here is an idea, if you really want to verify Maddow's claims. Since Mitch Hotts lives in your community, why don't you reach out to him and ask him what transpired? Or are you using that as a ploy to discredit Maddow's article?

What Trump did, is exactly like I told you what I read in his book The Art of the Deal.  He faked using earth moving equipment to make it look like
                    an empty lot. And  that the funding was based on progress and under construction, when in fact, it was just dirt. The operators were digging holes and then burying the same holes with their rented heavy earth moving equipment.

4. peoplepower73 profile image90
    peoplepower73posted 2 months ago

Ken:  This is what you said:

"those terrorists that wave American flags and say they are proud to be American types especially."

Funny, but that is what I hear from MAGA types including Trump. They like to wrap the flag around themselves and think they are the true patriotic Americans.  When the only true Americans are the Native ones.

1. Ken Burgess profile image76
      Ken Burgessposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Yeah... I think all us non-Native Americans should leave and go back to wherever our ancestors migrated from, before they migrated to that place, wherever it is... you start, let me know when you've donated all you own back to the Native Tribes and made it there, I will be right behind you.

The title of this forum is: "Trump's Strategy as a Master-Con Artist. Deny, Attack, Play Victim."

Somehow things got turned around. In keeping with the title.  Trump is a master at divide and conquer.  He calls the real news the fake news and the fake news the real news. He has manipulated us into thinking there are two groups of people, those who are the real patriotic Americans and The Others. When in fact we all want the same things. The preamble to the Constitution pretty much sums up what everybody wants.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

I don't know about you, but I served during the cold war to protect us from Soviet Union bombers loaded with nuclear weapons. I feel I'm as patriotic as the next man.

Just because Trumpers chant USA...USA, and build that wall, they think they are better Americans than those that don't agree with Trump. When in fact Trump is the one who is being charged with the following un American activities.

Conspiracy to defraud the United States

Conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding

Obstruction of and attempt to obstruct an official proceeding

Conspiracy against rights, specifically “the right to vote, and to have one’s vote counted”

To me, this is the epitome of fakeness and manipulation.

https://images.app.goo.gl/KvYMaxwUoA9mYirM9

"Trump is the one who is being charged with the following un American activities.

Conspiracy to defraud the United States

Conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding

Obstruction of and attempt to obstruct an official proceeding

Conspiracy against rights, specifically “the right to vote, and to have one’s vote counted”

Keyword "charged".

Will you accept the verdicts?

1. Ken Burgess profile image76
            Ken Burgessposted 2 months agoin reply to this

So... Trump is being charged.

When the system is corrupt, beyond the point of redemption, does it matter that they charge someone with a crime?

When the system that lets illegal aliens who violently assaulted two police officers, go free without bail, goes after a President that attempted to keep those illegal aliens out of the county... what does that tell you?

Do you really want to support that system?

Do you really need to wait for that system to turn on you, to target you, for you to realize it is corrupt, it is evil?

Your first paragraph is hypothetical.  Please provide the source for your second paragraph. The system is already corrupt and evil with a congress that is controlled by a civilian Trump.

As far as evil and corrupt, just look at the death threats the Georgia ballot counters have received and now Fanni Willis is receiving death threats as well. They hold the cards to send Trump to jail.

Whether you realize it or not, Trump is his own worst enemy. He creates his problems and then counter sues and appeals to try to fix what he screwed up. Talk about corruption.

I want to highlight that Trump has faced charges and inquire whether he would accept a verdict. It's frustrating to witness a pattern where liberals vehemently dispute verdicts that don't align with their desires, much like the current situation with the Biden Document controversy. Not only do they believe Biden was cleared of wrongdoing, but they also attack Hur for identifying Biden as cognitively impaired in a legal document, ignoring the core issue of document possession and confusion.

Their arguments often center on Biden's cooperation and the return of documents, dismissing the fact that he held over 7 million documents, scattered them without proper care, and only returned them after years of neglect.

I want to make it clear that I don't support Biden, his administration, or the liberal mindset prevalent today. I can't delve further into my feelings, as I might face repercussions, but I have no respect for anyone defending the current president or his administration.

For me, supporting MAGA is non-negotiable. If the GOP runs poodle, that dog got my vote.

2. peoplepower73 profile image90

Yes I will. Will you accept guilty verdicts?  Trump is trying to beat the clock so he will use every trick in the book to delay, distract, and deny by using his high paid lawyers, who he will never pay...just like he hasn't  paid Giuliani. He is hoping he will be elected before they reach a verdict. The first thing he will do is pardon himself of all charges levied against him.

I am prepared to accept the verdict. Why? Because even if I may not agree with it, I understand that our courts have the final say. As for Trump "trying to beat the clock," has he taken any actions that go beyond what our laws permit?

Trump doesn't have the authority to dictate a court's schedule or determine when a judge will set a court date.

You may speculate that he could be re-elected before facing trial, and that could be a possibility. However, it's evident that voters would be aware of the charges against him, and if they still choose to vote for him, that's a decision we all have the right to make.

So, if Trump wins in 2024 will you accept the majority's choice.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)