Government shill paid to disrupt....

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Doug Hughes profile image59
    Doug Hughesposted 13 years ago

Five weeks ago MadamX wrote about me -
    "He's a government shill paid to disrupt discussion boards of this nature."

Kflippin wrote yesterday -
    "some of his comments are very well spoken (and spelled) and thought out, albeit reflective of a liberal indoctrination style of rebuttal."

Arthur Fontes wrote today -
    "Very true almost as if more then one person sits behind the keyboard. Almost like a  Uhm an orginization."

On the one hand, this is flattering that the wingnuts would find my arguments so compelling that they are convinced I am the figurehead of a large conspiracy of liberal writers out to discredit them. Frankly, I can't think of a higher compliment, and I thank you very sincerely.

Five weeks ago, when the accusation first surfaced, I suggested that if the hubbers would note WHEN I post, it's always in the early AM (before I go to work) or in the afternoon - evening hours. Except Sunday because I work 6 days per week.  Rather odd for an army of bloggers to keep those hours. And it's not that I am the most prolific writer - I rank number four, well behind some conservative bloggers.

I have mentioned that I am a federal employee, I think, and this automatically brings to mind the image of a  liberal, overpaid elitist from an ivy-league university.  Ummm... I'm a mailman in Florida.  Disappointing, huh? It's a living - and hotter than hell this time of year.

I have been asked if I am a member of LaRaza, Acorn, ACLU, or the Boy Scouts.  No to all - never been a member of any of those groups - not even the scouts. I am a member of the National Rural Letter Carriers Association.  I receive no compensation of any kind from any group or organization nor do I permit anyone else to post under my HP identity.

This isn't about ME!  The purpose of my posts is not to disrupt. I cite from a HUGE spectrum of sources, with  quotes and figures to back my position.  It's because of this,  some may think I must be an 'organization'. I know the overall facts (and facts have an inherent liberal bias) and I know how to use Google.

The other complaint is that I have 'bashed' conservatives. I 'bash' others on the forums as I perceive they 'bash' others.  A football player who puts on the pads (and plays within the rules) has no right to complain abut a legal hit. It's a contact sport.  But I don't 'bash' all conservatives equally. I lay a hit on players on the forums in proportion to the malice I read on their posts. I did not say malice against me - I said malice. There are conservatives on HP whom I always treat gently and with respect, because that's the only way they treat other hubbers. Unfortunately, they are a minority. Rose, you know I mean you - but you aren't alone.

Most wingnuts who were raised under the Limbaugh era, believe they have a right to 'bash' liberals with impunity and no consideration for objective truth - and cry like an infant with a wet diaper when they get 'bashed'. You can't have it both ways.

Last, (if anyone read this far) - I have to recognize the army of liberal bloggers who write - sometimes more, and almost always better than I do. Uninvited Writer (hub score 100), Pretty Panther, Ralph, Ron, Easnetshub,  Jeff, Randy and a host of others who also carry the torch. It's completely unfair that I was singled out for the honor of this accusation when you look at the company I keep.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image73
      Arthur Fontesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

These are all hubbers I respect.  Pretty lofty companions that you assume?

BTW Happy Father's Day to all  smile

Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

On the point that these are lofty hubbers, we agree. Why were none of them singled out for the honor you laid on me?

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
          Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are not alone, Doug!  KF has inferred I had more than one account here on a couple of occasions.  I do not! I don't let it worry me though,because it is a sure sign of a weak argument to fall back on this excuse! 

Signed Doug.....er, I mean Randy LOL!

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, stop whining, Doug.
      You're still here, aren't you?  While, most notably, several of those conservatives are NOT.  And I take offense at you mentioning Madame X's name when she's no longer around to defend her name.  And I've called you on the fact that you've gloated over that fact before.  That fact, that you've been given free rein to spout your insults toward conservatives, while THEY get in trouble after conversing with you, not even making remarks nearly as bad as you,  makes it clear that you're more in the "teacher's pet" category.  A torch?   Yeah you do carry a torch for some pretty popular people, so why are you not happy now?   Have you perhaps run out of shiny red apples to offer?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Again a Sunday and you're consorting with heathens instead of worshiping in church.  Are you a closet agnostic?  wink

1. profile image0

They that are whole need not a physician.

True Christians have no need for church?  You're gonna have a very negative effect on attendance and extortion...er I mean collections. smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did you tell Arthur not to whine when he stated he reported Doug for posting a picture? And, Madame X is still here...

1. profile image0

What's wrong?   Do you like hearing Doug whine?  LOL Whatever!
          You have fun now, ya hear?! tongue

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
            Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Way to avoid the question again.

1. profile image0
              PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just another example of the double standard practiced by some people here on the forums.

2. Arthur Fontes profile image73

UW I do not have any problems with posting pictures.  Posting pictures and proclaiming the image to be a certain hubber is a personal attack?

I can handle attacks, it is posting within the confines of HP rules that confuses me.  If it is OK to do such a thing, I am fine with that but I KNOW I would earn a ban for the same activities.

2. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 13 years ago

Believe me doug... i am well aware that your concepts are the product of almost one mind.

lolol sorry man... that was just tooo easy. lollllllllll

Yeah, I gotta remember not to lead with my chin.

3. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 13 years ago

Of course your not an organization of writers hiding behind a figurehead. They don't need to do that these days because it's much easier to genetically enhance an embryo! That's right! Your a liberal mutant!! yikes

Just kidding. tongue

ps. Can you shoot lightning bolts from your eyes? yikes

You know what the advantage is of being a test tube baby?

And - You get a room (pronounce womb) with a view.

4. Arthur Fontes profile image73
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago
  5. Arthur Fontes profile image73

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH3nzKv4r9A

RATM Take the power back

Yeah, the movement's in motion with mass militant poetry
    Now check this out...uggh!

In the right light, study becomes insight
    But the system that dissed us
    Teaches us to read and write

So called facts are fraud
    They want us to allege and pledge
    And bow down to their God
    Lost the culture, the culture lost
    Spun our minds and through time
    Ignorance has taken over
    Yo, we gotta take the power back!
    Bam! Here's the plan
    Mother Uncle Sam
    Step back, I know who I am
    Raise up your ear, I'll drop the style and clear
    It's the beats and the lyrics they fear
    The rage is relentless
    We need a movement with a quickness
    You are the witness of change
    And to counteract
    We gotta take the power back

Yeah, we gotta take the power back
    Come on, come on!

The present curriculum
    I put my fist in 'em
    Eurocentric every last one of 'em
    See right through the red, white and blue disguise
    With lecture I puncture the structure of lies
    Installed in our minds and attempting
    To hold us back
    We've got to take it back
    Holes in our spirit causin' tears and fears
    One-sided stories for years and years and years
    I'm inferior? Whose inferior?
    Yeah, we need to check the interior
    Of the system that cares about only one culture
    And that is why

Come on, come on!

Hey yo check, we're gonna have to break it, break it,
    break it down
    Awww shit!

Uggh!

And like this...uggh!

Come on, yeah! Bring it back the other way!

The teacher stands in front of the class
    But the lesson plan he can't recall
    The student's eyes don't perceive the lies
    Bouncing off every fking wall
    His composure is well kept
    I guess he fears playing the fool
    The complacent students sit and listen to some of that
    Bullst that he learned in school

Europe ain't my rope to swing on
    Can't learn a thing from it
    Yet we hang from it
    Gotta get it, gotta get it together then
    Like the motherin' weathermen
    To expose and close the doors on those who try
    To strangle and mangle the truth
    'Cause the circle of hatred continues unless we react

Come on, come on!

No more lies
    No more lies
    No more lies
    No more lies
    No more lies
    No more lies
    No more lies
    No more lies

Uggh!

Yeah!

Take it back y'all
    Take it back, a-take it back
    A-take it back y'all, come on!
    Take it back y'all
    Take it back, a-take it back
    A-take it back y'all, come on!

Uggh!

Yeah!

6. Arthur Fontes profile image73
  7. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 13 years ago

To the conservatives who find Doug offensive:

Is it worse to be called a "wingnut" or "unAmerican"?

Is it worse to be called a "teabagger" or to be accused of "hating America"?

Personally, I think being called "unAmerican" is much more insulting than "wingnut" or "teabagger."  But I would never report anyone on the forums just for insulting me. 

Sticks and stones and all that.  big_smile

8. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Those that have a hole in the head, need not a physician!

9. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Those who have no feet need not Dr. Scholl.

10. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

We are all Doug...

11. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

Well, people are right to be concerned.  It makes total sense that outside forces would be attempting to infiltrate and take over the political discussion here.  As the old political idiom says, "As go the HubPages forums, so go the country."

LOL! I wish I could get a paying job stating my political opinions on a site!  Even being accused of this is a hoot, though!  It tells you something about the accuser's mindset.

And yes, I think X is still here!  I do not like to think there are more than one like her!  Doh!

12. Arthur Fontes profile image73

Fighting back: Obama's campaign was confronted by a deluge of unsubstantiated and potentially damaging accusations. Supporters were asked to identify them, alert the campaign and counter them via their own networks (e.g. reply-all to an email with the lies backed up with links to references). The Fight The Smears site was set up to support this. This strategy kept Obama focused on positive messages while supporters directly responded to accusations.

http://fairsay.com/blog/how-to-ecampaign-like-obama

And this stopped when the election was over?  I know Santa is real too!

So you would suggest the conservatives and liberals let false statements go unchallenged?  I personally dislike false statements from either party and so should everyone!  It's not a beauty contest despite what some so-called news shows try to project!

1. Arthur Fontes profile image73

I think that is what discussion is all about, debating issues.  I am saying there are volunteers in political forums to challenge dissent.  It is both sides, not just one side or the other.  I am saying that they exist.

I am not claiming that anybody is anything, just the fact of the existence of this kind of forum participant.  Not paid personal, simple volunteers who have signed up to one of the thousands of political sites on both sides.

They are still human beings behind the keyboard and deserve all the respect that any other person should receive.  The fact that they are pursuing an agenda would be none of my business.

Calling me out in a thread for no reason but to ridicule me is abnormal and pathetic.  That is not a positive influence on any forum or website.

I am not a member or affiliated with any political organization or website.

1. TMMason profile image61
          TMMasonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They, I won't say who, tend to call people out alot in these forums. Most whine though when snapped back at... it is pretty sad

And no, "they", does not neccesarilly mean doug and his other personalities.

Grammar correction:  You meant to type "we"

I somehow doubt Doug and I are anywhere near politically or ideologically similar. I Doubt I advocate for any issue he finds dear to his heart. lolllllllllll

Have you read my replies... and Doug's? I don't think you could confuse the two of us too easilly as the same person.

For once I do agree with you (all of you).  You and Doug have nothing in common.  Whining bully who cries when someone responds to his BS is not a description that fits Doug.

Whatever Ron... we see who the whiner is.

It is not I who has resorted to personal attacks... just shows the weakness of the man along with his arguments.

2. Doug Hughes profile image59

TMMason wrote (early) in this post -

"Believe me doug... i am well aware that your concepts are the product of almost one mind."

TMMason wrote (recently) in this post -

"And no, "they", does not neccesarilly mean doug and his other personalities."

It's damn hard to debate someone who takes opposite positions on the same issue.  Would you make things easier on me and pick one or the other? I really appreciate it.

13. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

So, people who disagree with your postings are not allowed to counter them? Only let you say whatever you wish. How does that add to any discussion?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)