jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

What is the definition of 'ludicrous'?

1. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 7 years ago

Best example.....In hearings before Judge Bolton regarding the impending Arizona Illegal Immigration Statute, opponents, with a straight face, first claim the illegal immigrant problem is not as bad as Governor Brewer is making it out to be.  This, of course, was immediately picked up by the media.  Almost in the same breath, opponents say the law will 'trample on the rights of hundreds of thousands of ILLEGAL immigrants in Arizona'.

Point A:  The problem's not that bad but there are 'hundreds of thousands' illegals in Arizona.?

Point B:  Illegal immigrants have rights?

Point C:  These are the best and brightest this administration has?

1. Evan G Rogers profile image78
      Evan G Rogersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

illegal immigrants do have rights.

Rights are not granted by government, they are taken away by government. That's just about every right granted in the bill of rights starts off with "congress shall pass no law...".

Also, there really is no such thing as an "illegal immigrant". Immigration laws are pretty unjust and thus should have no legal backing. Everyone i've ever met is an immigrant - we all immigrated from "Storkovia" - Just about every single day 11,000 immigrants arrive from Storkovia into the United States being carried by a big Stork and dropping the immigrants down chimneys to new parents.

We're all "immigrants" - we all come here from somewhere else.

1. tobey100 profile image60
        tobey100posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think you're missing a key element.  ILLEGAL.

2. Sab Oh profile image55
        Sab Ohposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Also, there really is no such thing as an "illegal immigrant"."

Of course there is. Just because YOU don't approve of immigration laws does not render them invalid.

"Everyone i've ever met is an immigrant - we all immigrated from "Storkovia" - Just about every single day 11,000 immigrants arrive from Storkovia into the United States being carried by a big Stork and dropping the immigrants down chimneys to new parents."

Yeeeeaaaaah...that really wasn't funny the first time...

3. readytoescape profile image60
        readytoescapeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

example #2

2. profile image50
      NoAmnestyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I agree completely. It's time to kick their butts out (both the illegals and Congress)!

2. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 7 years ago

Anybody ever checked out Mexico's immigration laws ? Ask Guatamalens about them.It makes ours mild.

working