jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Is Beck helping Obama?

1. Tom Cornett profile image78
    Tom Cornettposted 7 years ago

It does sound like a dumb question...but...why is the left steaming and not boiling?

Politicians on the right are smirking....yet the Obama administration seems like the cat that swallowed the big blond canary.

The left political machine is just as intelligent and ruthless as the right.  They will sacrifice seats in congress to achieve a later...far more important goal to their cause.  Then...Obama will have his scapegoat and enjoy more golf until 2012....followed by...his re-election.

Could it be...as the religious right is going into a frenzy over Beck....the left machine is gearing up for,"Pin the tale on the Zealot."

If the left needs stories on corrupt Evangelists, Priests, Religious Right politicians, etc....tons of it are only a mouse click away. It's almost too easy.  Not to mention...Do the people really want a religion based government?

"Divide and conquer" is currently playing a key role in American politics but it is also a very dangerous role. It will be interesting to see how it turns out....or not.

2. habee profile image96
    habeeposted 7 years ago

Tom, I've read the same thing: the dems won't mind losing the House if it will help them hold on to the presidency. I'm sick of all the division. I want a moderate to run! Maybe both sides won't fully embrace him or her, but hopefully neither side will hate him (or her), either.

Tom Cornettposted 7 years agoin reply to this

We sure could use a lot more peace...we do need someone to unite all Americans.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I nominate Donny Baker - who could hate that guy?

Donny Rocks!  He knows every state law ever made. smile

3. Mighty Mom profile image88
    Mighty Momposted 7 years ago

I don't believe the left political machine is either as intelligent or as ruthless as the right political machine.
    There is no counterpart of Karl Rove.
    And there no "rallying cry" like God, guns and (no) government, like Beck and Palin have.

I think the Dems take it as a given that seats will be given up in Congress in 2010. Everyone recognizes how dissatisfied/disillusioned people are.

Why isn't Obama paying more overt attention to Beck? He certainly learned his lesson with the Shirley Sherrod debacle. And he has bigger fish to fry and can't afford to be "campaigning" to keep his job now. He's no doubt waiting to see how the 2010 elections shake out.
    Or maybe he doesn't see Beck/Palin as legitimate threats.

Also couldn't agree more with you and Habee. Got any "uniters" in your back pocket? Is there anyone who's NOT sick of the divisiveness???

4. habee profile image96
    habeeposted 7 years ago

I don't know, MM. Maybe Hillary? Maybe a mixed ticket? I love Huckabee's personality, but he's too "right" for me. Of the dems, I like Ed Rendell, but I haven't heard that he has any thoughts of running for president.

It does scare me and dishearten me that we have become so divided. As a slightly right-leaning moderate, I feel that I'm practically an outcast! lol

1. Sylvie Strong profile image61
      Sylvie Strongposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hilary is not a "uniter.". She is polarizing.

1. profile image60
        C.J. Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yep, absolutely. Plus she has recieve the kiss of death from her former opponent in her appoitment as SOS.

5. Mighty Mom profile image88
    Mighty Momposted 7 years ago

Hard to predict what Hillary will do. She's got a pretty powerful position where she is. More powerful that Veep, I'd say.
    I LOVE the idea of a mixed ticket.
    I think there are a lot more people in the center -- both socially and fiscally -- than are being counted.
    Maybe we should create our OWN party!
    The party of NON-extremists.

BTW, Storytellersrus has a great hub on women to watch for 2012 and 2016. I'll find the link and post it. Lots of cool women in the Senate and House!

1. habee profile image96
      habeeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I hope you're right. Maybe we're just not as vocal as the far left and the far right.

1. TamCor profile image80
        TamCorposted 7 years agoin reply to this

But if all of us keep trying....who knows???  big_smile

Not a big fan of Hilary, though...smile

And I agree with Tom's "divide and conquer" being dangerous--how can anyone hope to accomplish anything by causing such dissension--on either side?

6. profile image60
    C.J. Wrightposted 7 years ago

It's more important IMO that we clean the house and senate of career politicians.

I agree.  smile

7. AnnCee profile image71
    AnnCeeposted 7 years ago

Only with morons.  Most of whom are too lazy to vote if there's no booze or cash cards involved. smile

working