jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Latest Headlines About the Dispute Between CHINA & Japan

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image30
    fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago

Web-site/URL: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_china_mine_blast, http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_japan_chi … FsbGllcw--

The dispute between these 2 countries will simply never end

2. H P Roychoudhury profile image74
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 7 years ago

Both the countries thought superiority lies in the vision of might. They have to wait another hundred years to learn that superiority lies in the sense of love and sacrifice to harness oneness.

1. Sab Oh profile image58
      Sab Ohposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Oh brother...

A fine sentiment (I suppose) but not very practical as relates to the matter at hand.

3. profile image0
    china manposted 7 years ago

One of the organizers of the rally was Toshio Tamogami, a former air force chief who was sacked after publishing an essay that argued that Japan was not an aggressor in World War Two.

I would not get too worked up about this issue - the guy in question is Japan's far right nationalist.  The bigger dispute is that China wants Japan to put back into their history books the invasion of China in the '30's and the horrendous treatment of Chinese people (including the Nanjing massacre) that this guy also disclaims.

Beneath, or behind, most of this is also outside interference in anything Asian - the signature is always the appearance of far right figures. 

The Chinese name of the islands means Fishing Island and has been an issue for centuries I believe, being Chinese but so near to Japan.

Do you think China will allow Japan to rewrite their history books as well?

No, I didn't think so.

1. profile image0
        china manposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you should try to read the wrods before stabbing that keyboard - I said clearly China WANTS Japan to include their history in ther own text books - and making some point with your pointless comments would be good - or why bother to reply to my posts everywhere.

I saw your words right there and then I commented in response. See how that works?

1. profile image0

Oh yes - I say China wants Japan to write its own history in its own history books and you said .... what ?

NO, China wants Japan to write history the way they, China, say it should be written. China would be less than receptive to the same idea in the other direction.

1. profile image0

More apologist rhetoric  - The subject is hot debate in Universities here and the objection is to the apologist wording of the miniscule entries in the Japanese history books that talk of anything but what really happened.  The Chinese are quite rightly insulted and demeaned by this apologist approach to the atrocities committed by Japan in China and their 'demand' is that Japan admit what they did, I am quite sure China has not submitted suitable texts or demanded any speicfic wording.

And to suggest that China has some kind of reciprocal apology to make is pure apologist twisting of history.

Was "apologist" todays word on your word-of-the-day calendar or something? You must have (mis)used it a dozen times today.

I realize you feel the need to see yourself as 'defending' all things Chinese to justify the persona you have taken on, but there is no "apologist rhetoric" but what you may be imagining.

Admission of wartime atrocities has taken place many times now.

And the apology to which I referred would be by the CCP to the people of China.

working