Can you trust anyone?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (21 posts)
  1. matherese profile image60
    mathereseposted 13 years ago

I have noticed that a lot of people today do not have confidence in others, what about you? do you trust anyone? If your answer is yes or no tell us why!

1. profile image52
      rechardorrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course !! I do. I trust the person I love the most because there cannot be love without trust.
      http://brainquickensite.com/

1. profile image58
        Marcella Glennposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I trust. However, trust should not be given at random. Hand trust to the wrong person/people and it can hurt, break, you.

2. KristenGrace profile image60
      KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

I'm a very TRUSTWORTHY person, but unfortunately, not very trusting.  It takes a lot for someone to gain my trust.
      I've been hurt in the past, and I frequently have my guard up, but I'm still a friendly person tongue

3. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Absolutely!
      I have trusted people all my life, and the few let downs I have had don't matter to me.

Trusting people has given me a rich and rewarding life. smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Earnest, I'm a bit like you.  My husband calls me a "Pollyanna" because his basic approach is to trust no one! 

I'm not totally naive and I don't take silly risks, but my general approach to people is to look on the positive side.  The world is a much nicer place if you look at it like that, and (like you) the few let downs I've had are a small price to pay.

1. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice Marisa! The only way to fly! I went on holidays for a couple of months leaving a 14 year old in charge of my very busy retail outlet. I had one guy who was 38, another 78 both happy to work under him.

He had his own shop at 18.

I always take two things into consideration. Actual ability to do the job and passion.

As for strangers, I don't bring up their kids, don't have to go home with them, so I simply assume they are marvelous and treat them accordingly. Works for me. smile

1. Urbane Chaos profile image90
            Urbane Chaosposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That not only takes a lot of trust, but a lot of courage as well.. Most 14 year-olds can't even seem to tie their shoe-laces together without direction.

Kudos to you for being such a good role model to that young chap.

1. earnestshub profile image81
              earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.
              He was a street kid before he came to work for me, but he had passion for learning about motorcycles and a good amount of common sense.
              At 14 he could, buy motorcycles, sell them and do engine rebuilds. A good start. He was also brilliant on the counter serving customers.
              Saturday mornings 6 of us would be serving 3 or more customers each.
              We would acknowledge them when they came in, ask what they needed then collect it out of stock while serving the others. A wonderful friendly atmosphere. I miss it. smile

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60
        uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good for you.  Most people have such a decent soul that even if they fail it isn't for nefarious reasons.  I like trusting people, especially young people nothing teaches trustworthiness like being trusted.  I would trust my sons with anything, everything.  I would trust most of their closest friends.  It is affirming to find that most people are trustworthy.

4. libby101a profile image61
      libby101aposted 13 years ago

I trust people until they are dishonest! Then I will still be friends, but will be more cautious!

Most people are trushworthy... there are those few who make the rest bad!!! But... one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch.. not with people!

5. LSKing profile image70
      LSKingposted 13 years ago

No.... all you can do is trust that people will disappoint you and learn how to forgive.

I trust certain people with certain things. My husband with my children, me with my money, and my girlfriends for happy hour!

6. Urbane Chaos profile image90
      Urbane Chaosposted 13 years ago

It is as the old saying goes: Trust has to be earned.

But, there's a difference between respect and trust - I respect everyone until they give me a reason, and I trust nobody until they've earned it.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You can trust a Pooka.

1. Urbane Chaos profile image90
          Urbane Chaosposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I might.....if I knew what the carp a Pooka is. tongue

7. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

I trust everyone until they show that they cannot be trusted.

8. drej2522 profile image69
      drej2522posted 13 years ago

I distrust everyone until they show that they can be trusted...

Why?

*sighs* Because I really hate people...

9. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Can you trust anyone?

In a Political Sense?  roll

10. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 13 years ago

I live my life on this "Don't trust anyone until they give you a damn good reason to"

11. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 13 years ago

I prefer to trust everyone, they are likely to live up to it in my experience. smile

12. profile image49
      TundeSolankeposted 13 years ago

Well, there are lots of complicated pressures these days that folk can cave in to(compromising principles)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)