"Senate GOP leader says DEAL reached on government spending": CNN

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (30 posts)
  1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image58
    fishskinfreak2008posted 13 years ago

Web-site/URL: http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/12/19/ … index.html

The only people who are happy when "deals" are made are the people who actually made them and the people involved in the "deals". A lot of people AREN'T and we can be sure that they will GRUMBLE, RANT, RAVE, KICK & SCREAM

2. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

"Tea Party my ass.  This was nothing other than The Republican Party stealing the anger of a population that was fed up with The Republican Party's own theft of their tax money at gunpoint to bail out the robbers of Wall Street and fraudulently redirecting it back toward electing the very people who stole all the ****ing money!"

www.market-ticker.org

This is the truth. And now that they have been handed the reigns again....it will suck so much for those of us who had enough the first time around...and the second....and the third.....

We couldn't even get 2 years!!! Back to Repub agenda. 2 measly years.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image61
      Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whatever it is, there's $50 billion that aren't being spent by my government than there would have been.

That means that it's $50B easier to balance the budget.

Which means that there's a higher chance that we could lower taxes.

I'm all for it.

3. lovemychris profile image76

Someone needs to remind McTurtle and Boner that they just added 875 billion to the deficit.

And when they talk "cutting spending", people need to laugh in their face.

Of course, the poor and middle class won't be laughing, as the joke is on them.

The Ubers will have another party.
    Knock knock. Who's there? Santy Claus. Santy Claus who?
    Santy Claus shape-shifter! I morphed from Ron Paul into Gift-Giving Santy. Gifts for all my wealthy friends.

What a good joke huh?

1. tobey100 profile image59
      tobey100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

CNN wouldn't recognize news if it took 'em to lunch and paid.

4. lovemychris profile image76

This just in!:

Republicans are holding up funding for healthcare and financial regulation.

McTurtle: "if Democrats think it's bad now, just wait til March."

Ahhhh, gvt of revenge. Sweet music to the Cold-Bloods ears.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image61
      Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

man, i hate it when my government tries to save me money.

Lovemychris - you were against tax cuts because it would cost the government money...

... but now you're mad because our government is trying to save money.

make up your mind.

2. I am DB Cooper profile image63
      I am DB Cooperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They aren't even trying to hide the fact that they're doing anything to block positive legislation that might make the Democrats look good. We are fools for letting them get away with this.

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
        couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The foolishness is that the health 'care' bill was passed before it was read.  That to me is the height of foolishness and inconsideration for taxpayers and citizens.  lmc doesn't acknowledge or understand the concept of taxation vs spending.  She runs a private morality play.  Thank goodness the voting majority finally voted out those who have increased the deficit by trillions.  When the voting majority put Obama into office, many spouted 'the majority has spoken'.  They've spoken again and I believe rightly so.  As a devout Limbaugh hater, one should refrain from name calling.  You only sink to his level though without the analytical brilliance and intelligence of forethought.

1. profile image58
          C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Dam that was good, well said!

Thank you, my man.

3. BillyDRitchie profile image61
      BillyDRitchieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, we couldn't stop healthcare from passing, but maybe they can deny it the funding it needs to operate....

5. lovemychris profile image76

Of course they will! And child-care, and unemployment and disabilty  and money for creating jobs and money to stop the banks from swindling, and school lunches and services for the elderly....
    Anything that helps a life of hardship be a little less hard.

BUT they will make sure the banks get the ability for MORE fees, fines and rate hikes. Business will charge fees as high as possible, corporations will be given yet more tax breaks to move jobs away from this country. Unions will be busted, and the minimum wage willl be repealed.
    Once everything is privitzed, it will be a decent life ONLY for those with a lot of money. And that list will be small. It's 5% NOW.....just think when it's less than 1%.

We will be permanently on the hook for payments to Israel.....one person here said that's 21 billion a year.
    Privitize schools, take money out of public.

No public transportation. No money to cities and towns. ONLY public money going to corporations, banks, and the wealthy Oligarchy.

War on Iran. Obama prosecuted. War on Islam. McCarthy era fear and predjudice.

White Power. White Supremacy. Re-Write of history. Their God forced down everyone's throat.
    Dominionists. Neo-Cons.
    Madd Maxx Beyond the ThunderDome.

Bleak.

1. BillyDRitchie profile image61

I would respond to the above, but I think "off the deep end" will cover it nicely....

lol lol lol Can you believe it?  About the best thing said is 'bust the unions'.  One toke over the line.

2. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deep end, eh?

From Global Research:

"In a meeting with Defense Secretary Robert Gates, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi warned that he believed “no one including Obama” could stop Israel from launching an attack against Iran once it had made up its mind.

Berlusconi, who has publicly said previously that he absolutely believes Israel will ultimately attack Iran, was revealed in the new comments, part of a WikiLeaks cable, to be concerned that Israel was planning to use nuclear weapons in the attack.

Though it continues to officially take a position of “ambiguity,” Israel has a large nuclear weapons arsenal and is indeed the only nuclear weapons power in the Middle East. Israeli officials have repeatedly threatened to attack Iran over its civilian nuclear program, claiming it constitutes an “existential” threat.

Berlusconi was said to have been briefed about a 2008 Israeli Air Force exercise in which warplanes flew a mock bombing run over Greece, apparently an attempt to simulate a flight to and attack against Iran. Others, including Australia’s intelligence community, have expressed similar concerns about the possible attack recently."

---This means more Americans will have to die.

Also, I just read that the Repubs won't support 50 bil for infrastructure and jobs--even though its paid for, yet pushed for 800 bil for the top 2%--which will have to be borrowed.

You may be the one eating your words.

3. lovemychris profile image76

"White Power. White Supremacy. Re-Write of history"

off the deep end?

Haley Barbour's Racist Remark Was No Mistake
        by Mansfield Frazier

"When the Mississippi governor said he didn’t remember the South’s Citizens Councils as being that bad, it was no gaffe—he was speaking to his likely 2012 voter base.
        Most of the uproar over Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour’s comment, “I just don’t remember it as being that bad,” misses the point entirely. When the potential 2012 Republican presidential candidate made the remark to Andrew Ferguson in an interview for The Weekly Standard, speaking in defense of racist Citizens Councils that ruled the South before and during the civil rights era, it was no mere slip of the tongue. Barbour was simply playing the “Southern Strategy” card."

6. lovemychris profile image76

Well Tea-Fakers...here's your chance to put yer money where your mouth is!

"Congressman Kucinich has put the metal into the burning crucible and is putting Ron Paul and those of the tea party to the test by submitting a bill to abolish the Fed and bring about sound money through the circulation of United States Notes.

In an article by The Market Ticker yesterday, details of the bill known as the Need Act which was submitted by Kucinich is layed out, and will provide an early test for incoming Republicans to see if they have the stomach to follow up on their campaign promises."

Game on. let's just see what's what....what?

1. uncorrectedvision profile image60
      uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You and Kucinich are not ready for a free market in US Notes.  The world currency market isn't ready and most people - especially liberals, understand so little about economics that any substantive change would frighten them.  You most of all should be afraid.  A free market is the antithesis of everything you shriek about in here.

So the Republicans campaigned on the promise to give grants to nursing colleges?  Maybe so.  Don't see why they would renig on anything but regardless, Market Ticker as a source?  Really?  That's just one guys spin on political happenings.

1. lovemychris profile image76

He was an original Tea-Party guy.

Saw it taken over by Rethugs. Which is who now holds the House. Old same old same old Rethugs. Reagan-era left-overs.

1. BillyDRitchie profile image61

But I'm guessing Clinton era leftovers in the current administration are okay, right?

7. lovemychris profile image76

Me Hero:

you-tube--"Dennis Kucinich: Federal Reserve No More "Federal" Than Federal Express!"

Only thing I'm afraid of is more neo-CON rule in this country.
    THEY are the antithesis of every fiber of my being.

I'm sick of people dying for them. I'll try anything to get their homely a$$es out of here.

1. uncorrectedvision profile image60
      uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Be careful what you wish for.  More economic liberty means more conservatives nor fewer.  It means more rich people not fewer.  It means a perpetuation of Western culture not its end.  It means a resurgence in American power.  None of these are things liberals really want because it means an end to their personal utopian vision.

1. lovemychris profile image76

Who are you to speak for Liberals?

And I do believe Kucinich's idea of "the people" is the United States Congress, not the business class.

No one expects Utopia. We just want out of GOP hell.

8. lovemychris profile image76

Palin; "We have to get tough on Iran"

She's the ole message lady isn't she? That's how Fox do. She starts it. Now all the talking heads will be on this message. Lie or not, facts or not---they push buttons.

Americans will soon be frothing to attack Iran.

9. lovemychris profile image76

"Once everything is privitzed,"

MITT ROMNEY WANTS TO PRIVATIZE UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS!
    by MrSmith1 12/14/2010 - 1:05 pm
    Just when you think they can't find another way to siphon money out of your wallet, some GOPer comes up with a new and even crazier idea.  This time, it's 'Catcher's' Mitt Romney.  Instead of those poor, put-upon, over-taxed, and overly regulated employers paying into the Unemployment Insurance fund, Mitt wants you, the potentially future unemployed, to pay for your own unemployment insurance!!  Just think of how NOT paying all that money into the system will free up corporations and allow them to create more jobs! (Sorry, I can only withhold my sarcasm for a short time when dealing with GOPers.)

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010 … nefits.php

SOME one is kooky here, but it's not me! wink

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Employees already pay for their own unemployment. The premiums come out of your salary before you ever see it. It's sometimes under "misc. deductions." The employer pays the premiums with that money. After 25 or 26 weeks of unemployment benefits, the Fed picks up the tab.

1. profile image58

Payrole deductions vary by state. Federal UEI is payed entirely by employers. The same applies to most states. Apparently GA allows for payroll deductions? There are also exceptions made for non profits.

2. profile image58

There was a time when a person could buy unemployment insurance. There was less waste and greater incentive to work.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)