jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Tobey's first annual Idiot of the Year award

1. tobey100 profile image59
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

and this years award goes to Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House for her profound statement, "We've got to pass the bill (Healthcare legislation) so you can see what's in it."

Arrogance + Stupidity = Healthcare

I'm sure there are other worthy recipients out there.  Your ideas?

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4261558_f248.jpg

1. lady_love158 profile image59
      lady_love158posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Actually the entire democrat party is deserving of this award for putting Pelosi BACK in a leadership position!

2. BillyDRitchie profile image60
      BillyDRitchieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How could we forget Joe "The Gaffe Machine" Biden?

"You know, I'm embarrassed. Do you know the Web site number? I should have it in front of me and I don't. I'm actually embarrassed."

"If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong."

"Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs."

"Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya." –-Joe Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia, Missouri, Sept. 12, 2008

tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I really wanted to give it to Biden but feared no one would buy it.  He makes idiot statements so often I think he has ex-Saturday Night Live writers working for him so it wouldn't be fair to the other candidates.

1. Flightkeeper profile image71
          Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Biden says something dumb every year.  I thought you meant the Idiot of the Year award for 2010 and I thought Pelosi outdid him last year.

2. Flightkeeper profile image71
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

I have to say that the picture is one of the best portraits of Nancy! lol

3. profile image59
    C.J. Wrightposted 6 years ago

"Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) Addressing, Adm. Robert Willard, who commands the Navy's Pacific Fleet, Johnson made a tippy motion with his hands and said sternly, "My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize."

4. Evan G Rogers profile image78
    Evan G Rogersposted 6 years ago

it's funny that Pelosi took so much crap for that statement. After all, that's what every politician has been doing for about 100 or so years now.

What's the big deal this time?

tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I guess the only difference now is that I'm recognizing a specific politician as Idiot of the Year.  Of course, we all know what that's worth......

2. lady_love158 profile image59
      lady_love158posted 6 years ago in reply to this

She's the first one to be stupid enough to admit it publicly and to be proud to do so! LOL

5. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

At least Biden is funny and likeable - unlike Nancy.

6. BillyDRitchie profile image60
    BillyDRitchieposted 6 years ago

Having Biden one heartbeat away from the big chair was distressing enough, but knowing San Fran Nan was only two heartbeats away gave me the heebie jeebies....

working